• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnorlaxRules

Red is certainly often juxtapositioned with black and white, BUT there is already a Pokemon Red (like the joke whats black, white and red all over ; a newspaper, a sunburned penguin etc, its used more often than most people realise)

Fissure1

Well the way I see it (and maybe he sees it this way also) is when individuals decide to be all artsy with their photographs, paintings and what have you, they use only black, white and all red objects are red. I hope you understand what I mean.
That's where I make the connection.

You just described 80% of the self-portraits on myspace

Displeased Owl

NCTH Leader
for some reason the names black and white seem like they're going back to simpler times - like they don't seem overly glammed up like diamond and pearl and all those other jewels. this may be the turning point where they remove all the stuff that isn't great (super contests, poffin, IN MY OPINION). like going back to a simpler story likein rbygsc instead of going all world domination on us :p

or the fact that they're going back to simple colours may signal a whole new change in the game, either way it sounds just awesome!

Last edited:

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Stop being overly sensitive.

BLACK is not a racial color. WHITE is not a racial color. (technically they're no colors and all the colors but lets ignore that).

They're just freakin' colors. There is no reason why they should ever consider changing the names.

They will NOT get in trouble for using the color black.

Right. The only thing it will do is to help black and white people to live together better.
I wonder what will be the anime saga's name. Diamond & Pearl was very good name so it was also the anime name, but I'm not sure about if Black & White can be the anime saga's name. Maybe it will be something else like they did with RS that changed to AG.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
How does Platinum fit with Diamond And Pearl? how does Crystal fit with Gold And Silver?....

Platinum fits in because it has the same kind of luster as diamonds and pearls.

Crystal...I admit, it is a bit random but I think they were going with valuable stuff and something like that which wasn't directly related to precious metals (to indicate that the game was more different) seemed suitable to them.

The fact is, whenever they've directly used colours as names (as in RBY), all three colours were logically related. I'm not saying Crimson would be a bad name, but it doesn't fit in logically whereas Gray does make more sense.

Ivysaur_

Pokémon Breeder
I can't see America and the UK letting these names go due to political correctness.
In my belief they will be changed to Light and Dark

CodeG

Every single version I have guessed was coming. So have many other people. There's clear patterns. It's nothing impressive.

The only thing anyone should be concerned about is if they don't predict exactly what version is coming next.

Halle

While i'd love to read a lot into the names... (black and white is usually said when thinking about law...) which could mean we get a darker story, or maby even a split story (yea dream on) but thinking back on the other names, the names have never actually mattered story wise.

So in the end, i think we're getting two games on the same formula as allways.

BM14murph

Master Collector
I agree i think the us western people will change the names they wouldn't want it going back to basics after having metals jewels crystals and the like

I expected black and white like 8 or 9 years ago around the time of gold and silver over here. I wonder what their reasoning is to go back to basics?

I'd say it will be Light and Dark like somebody else said

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Well the way I see it (and maybe he sees it this way also) is when individuals decide to be all artsy with their photographs, paintings and what have you, they use only black, white and all red objects are red. I hope you understand what I mean.
That's where I make the connection.

Oh, I'm still not sure. I admit those three colours are generally used but technically, there isn't really a relation. Anyway, at least Black/White/Crimson sound good when you say them together =P

Another thing to be noted, as already mentioned, is that since we already have a Red version, Crimson would be unlikely.

I can't see America and the UK letting these names go due to political correctness.
In my belief they will be changed to Light and Dark

You mean like how there are light-skinned people and dark-skinned people.

No, seriously, this racism nonsense has gone on long enough >_>

My guess is, that GF/Nintendo is going back to they're roots.
Like Pokemon Red/Blue (or Green), it's gonna be something else.
It's new & fresh, and my guess is that they ain't building through on D/P/Pt/HG/SS, but they're bringin something completly different, and we will be blown away by it.

That's my guess.

On the names: I like 'em, no doubt about that, they appeal more to me then D/P/Pt/HG/SS

Takoyaki

Today (9 April 2010)

The director of Pokemon Black and White, expressed that after a long time they have completed this revolutionary Pokemon game.

Also he said that he feels that the new Black and White series has brought back the same feeling as the original Blue and Red games did and hopes we are looking forward to it.

Source: http://www.gamefreak.co.jp/blog/dir/

I can't wait.

Concerning the names `Black and White`, I have no problem with them. They are doing something new and it deserves a new and different title. The games started off with colours, Blue, Red, Green, Yellow.... then moved on to gems and materials like Platinum, Saphire, Ruby, Gold. Now it's bringing it full circle and taking it back to its roots with the simple colours Black and White.

Maybe it would be a good idea for the OP to start a poll to see how many are for and against the new titles.

Last edited:

~Dragon_Master~

The Next Legend
I have to admit, I would've thought the names were fake had it not been revealed on the official site. They sound kind of like bad fan game names. It's like they're going full circle, back to colours. I think that the third version could possibly be called grey, but that's kinda boring so I don't know.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
I agree i think the us western people will change the names they wouldn't want it going back to basics after having metals jewels crystals and the like

I expected black and white like 8 or 9 years ago around the time of gold and silver over here. I wonder what their reasoning is to go back to basics?

I'd say it will be Light and Dark like somebody else said

They've never changed the name of a Pokemon game before.

Simplistic =/= bad. Just because they've reverted to colours in a (possible) attempt to go back to the roots of Pokemon doesn't mean that the name is bad or the games will be bad (since the names don't have much of a bearing on the game itself). There's really nothing wrong in using colours instead of gemstones and I hope they don't change these names. This post should probably explain why they went back to colours:

My guess is, that GF/Nintendo is going back to they're roots.
Like Pokemon Red/Blue (or Green), it's gonna be something else.
It's new & fresh, and my guess is that they ain't building through on D/P/Pt/HG/SS, but they're bringin something completly different, and we will be blown away by it.

That's my guess.

On the names: I like 'em, no doubt about that, they appeal more to me then D/P/Pt/HG/SS

lilboiibubblez

Oh, I'm still not sure. I admit those three colours are generally used but technically, there isn't really a relation. Anyway, at least Black/White/Crimson sound good when you say them together =P

Another thing to be noted, as already mentioned, is that since we already have a Red version, Crimson would be unlikely.

Well I guess you could argue that we already had blue but then crystal was released (I'm not sure if it's considered a blue game) and Japan had green and then emerald came about.

knux-the-killer

Honestly, who cares the names? People that's what mind less! Wait to see the gameplay instal before to whine for such useless things!

I didn't expect such fuss from you guys. Just because of some names. I wouldn't chose them neither, but please, give some dang respect to gamefreak.

Sincerely...that's JUST titles!

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Well I guess you could argue that we already had blue but then crystal was released (I'm not sure if it's considered a blue game) and Japan had green and then emerald came about.

Crystals aren't blue, they can technically be of any colour but standard ones are colourless and transparent. As for Emerald, firstly - it's a gem and not a colour (even if you take it as a colour, it's primarily a gem) and secondly, like you said, it was the first "green-coloured" game in the US.

Today (9 April 2010)

The director of Pokemon Black and White, expressed that after a long time they have completed this revolutionary Pokemon game.

Also he said that he feels that the new Black and White series has brought back the same feeling as the original Blue and Red games did and hopes we are looking forward to it.

Source: http://www.gamefreak.co.jp/blog/dir/

I can't wait.

Ah, that sounds good, I can't wait either =)

*prepares to drown in a see of nostalgia*

Ivysaur_

Pokémon Breeder
I agree with what everyone is saying about the colours not mattering, but some people always go over the top and the tiniest thing can be called racism.

I kind of like the names Black and White. I don't find that particularly uncreative (if they had been called Pokemon Puce and Magenta, or something, would that have been better?) I hope that this signifies a sort of "going back to basics" for the Pokemon games. I loved the storyline in DPPt, but I feel like there's no way to top it in terms of scope. I mean, you don't really get higher stakes than saving the universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.