• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

herculehastings

I think it only makes logical sense for the third game to be Grey if the first 2 are Black and White. Anything else loses the connection in my opinion.

I must say I was rather shocked to see Black and White as the fifth generation game names. I must admit I was expecting a glitzier colour set. Black and white just don't sound like they're going to make good cover designs. But I suppose this means there's going to be a Dark legendary and a Light legendary? Who knows.

How can it have the same "feel" as games that were made for the GameBoy?
hmm....

Maybe it's in 2D and it's nearly colorless? xD
Just joking, but I think that the 'feeling' of Black/White will be the same sensation'feeling' that you got when you bought Red/Blue (or Green, depending on where you live). You know it's something new & fresh, outta this world. Might be a whole new sort of gameplaying, maybe 3D? (Like GTA, you can look around you and the camera is behind the personage).
Ah well, it's just speculating, let's wait 'till they come out

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
Well, I like the title logos and the simplicity of the titles. In a way, it's a throwback to the first gen, but in a way, it's also very different, in that black and white, technically speaking, aren't colors. It feels classic, but with a twist.

hello moto

Top of the morning
Why are people discussing the name of the third game already, that probably isn't going to be revealed until in 2012 (2 years from now).

I just hope Zoroark isnt a legendary (it can't be because it is an evovled form) or an extremly main pokemon so it isn't featured on the Pokemon Black's cover, it'll be very anticlimactic in my opinion, like if Lucario was pasted on Pokemon diamond's cover.

I also hope that depnding on which version you buy, the story changes a bit. They could the whole thing with the two different Evil teams again, which have different plans in order to do thier evil deeds.

Last edited:

Indragon

Back in the USSR
It'll only be racist if the White version gives you a better start in your character's life, or the Black version allows you to be more cool.

What exactly do you mean? The protagonist is always the same.

3.what do you play it for? and if they had finesse in the story's it might be acceptable that you could enjoy a game where the antagonist is attempting to create an entire universe but that's lacking and an epic story lacking finesse is a failed story and i doubt they intend to up the story quality so unless they do they should drop it back to a basic story that works. the only games that pull of a story on that magnitude are ones like mass effect and god of war where its a full length game includes voices and chat options other than "yes no".

1. OK, so unless they improve the story, they should worsen it?

2. DPPt (Galactic) had a better story than Team Rocket (which was practically non-existant). I like Team Rocket and the games they featured in were good, but they didn't have much of a story, something that Cyrus and DPPt did better.

2. You don't need voices and "chat options" to have a good storyline.

Black and white? Seriously, this is turning into Power Rangers. They're just throwing names out there and re-hashing the same formula without any immagination.

Bah, I'm not going to buy until the third one comes out. Pokemon: Grey.

Right, because Pokemon doesn't rehash old formulae :eek:

And not buying the games because of their name, don't you think that's a bit...silly?

They'll be playable on normal DS', yes, but they'll undoubtedly launch with the 3DS later this year in Japan, and thus have extra features with it in play.

If these games are released late 2010 as stated and the 3DS is released next year, the game won't get extra features for the 3DS most probably.

The Nintendo 3DS was a april fools prank.

Uh-huh.

ChampionZ

Luxray Master
Most of you are thinking too much about the games.The names dont really matter,its all in the game itself.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Nintendo is genius. People are now forced to buy both versions, because otherwise they'll appear racist. Best marketing strategy ever..

Win XD

I must say I was rather shocked to see Black and White as the fifth generation game names. I must admit I was expecting a glitzier colour set. Black and white just don't sound like they're going to make good cover designs. But I suppose this means there's going to be a Dark legendary and a Light legendary? Who knows.

Light types don't exist as of now and it's unlikely that they will (though personally, I'd like it if they did introduce them). Also, just because they are simple colours doesn't mean you can't make something impressive out of them =P

ChampionZ

Luxray Master
It would be very cool if you could travel to all of the regions after you beat the game,wouldnt it?

Indragon

Back in the USSR
It would be very cool if you could travel to all of the regions after you beat the game,wouldnt it?

This has been brought up a million times and now, with 4 more regions, the idea is ridiculously unfeasible if not impossible.

ChampionZ

Luxray Master
No it wasn't.

I have a feeling they're going to do a reboot. Would make sense with the comment comparing it to Red and Green/Blue.

I seriously think that with all of the sucsess of the DSi that they wouldnt make a new DS system any time soon.

Jigglypuff5000

I seriously think that with all of the sucsess of the DSi that they wouldnt make a new DS system any time soon.

The DSi is a system for Apple lovers with no viable games [or support] to its name, so of course Nintendo are gonna hi-ho ahead with the next, proper DS system already. It's been long enough.

If these games are released late 2010 as stated and the 3DS is released next year, the game won't get extra features for the 3DS most probably.

Except this is Nintendo, and this is Japan [they almost always get the new console / handheld before the end of the year its unveiled], thus come E3 the 3DS will be announced and these games will come out alongside it in Japan this year.

It's the perfect launch strategy.

Last edited:

Casimir

Good boy.
I first saw these names in a little bit of shock as to how plain they are compared to the newer versions, but I actually really like these names. It gives and old school feel to them - like the originals.

Now I'm just interested to see what they mean by "every aspect will be reborn innovatively" on the homepage.

Zero38

Self-made
If It will Give the feeling of the first games.
150 entries in the Pokedex
Your Rival is the champion ...

ChampionZ

Luxray Master
This has been brought up a million times and now, with 4 more regions, the idea is ridiculously unfeasible if not impossible.

Well,that is completly true,but wouldnt it make the game a little more enjoyable?

Saph

Rapscallion
I was expecting the games to be called Sun and Moon, although I'm fine with Black and White. It does remind me of the old days of Red and Blue. But to be honest the only impact names have on the games is the colour of the Pokemon featured on the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.