• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
White and Black. How boring. Oh well I'll be getting them anyways XD

I'm glad Pokemon is returning to its roots with these names, you can't better Arceus, so you might as well take it back, and hopefully there will be a lot of retcon, just like RSE sort of made RBYGSC incompatible and remade everything, I hope that Gen 5 will as well. I want something new, something fresh.

I want a new numbering system for the Nationaldex completely, I want all new Pokemon, not just Pokemon that evolve or prevolve from current ones. I want new ideas in the new region, just as gold and silver brought in new things like the radio. I want new HM's in fact, maybe replace HM;s altogether with something else.

I want them to reinvent Pokemon, breathe new life into it. Maybe even deviate from the most basic format of 3 starters grass fire water, 8 badges then elite 4, maybe they could change that as well.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Have you ever thought.. it came as a suprise.. and they wanted to suprise us and It did.. Mission accomplished :)

PePer

Well to be honest I'm suprised with names, Black & White sounds quite awkward to some people and in few countries governments might ban them due to racial references (sorry for bringing this up). They should follow the "gem" pattern anyway.

I'm already hungry for more info, Musada said that they are trying something new, and I can't wait. I'm wondering how the new stuff wil affect Anime show and Manga espacially (hahahaha).

Samayowa

you amaze me.
I for one enjoy that they're going back to the roots and calling them colors again. Pokemon Black Version and Pokemon White Version.
What's so wrong with that?

Last edited:

anmras

My two cents:

I can see the English team face-palming at the announcement (if they didn't already know). They'll most likely change it to avoid bad press. I LOVE the fact that they went back to colours. It makes me feel like the next generation just might catch up with the quality of the first. I don't see the third game being named gray though, that's a terrible concept. All the other third game names have been something that surpasses the first two names. How is grey better than black or white? It's just a muddling of both. The new one will probably be something like gradient or rainbow. God I hope its rainbow.

I can easily see the names being changed to light and dark for the English versions to cover Nintendo's butts. Does it really matter though? Would you have bought Diamond if it was named Zircon? (Answer: yeah, don't even try to deny it.)

Crob8

Crobat Kid
Does anyone remember the first 5 or so things released for both DP and HGSS? Just so we can take a guess at what is revealed on sunday? ^_^

Anyway, yeah, I actually really like the names now. What would be interesting is if the region's were older fashioned or something, due to black and white making me immediately think of old times (black+white television, photography etc.)

GOONER1991

Pokemon Master...
I think Black and White is a HUGE step back from the titles of the 3rd and 4th generations, but whatever suits Gamefreak.

I'm just curious as to what they're going to call the Third Game. Pokemon Gray or Pokemon Brown? Pfft.

Well considering the fact that people are already thinking about the racial issues this may cause, we might get Pokemon Mixed Race. Seriously though, I can't understand the issue. It's sad that people are even speculating that there could be racial issues in calling the games "Pokemon Black & White". They're colours (or the absence and presence of light blah blah) and have nothing to do with race. Black and White are good names, and if Nintendo decide to change them in the English versions, it will be yet another example of political correctness gone wrong.

shaymin

Pikamon
Anyone who claims rascism in a POKEMON game is close-minded. Its not racist if you don't think about it as so.... Can barely wait for these to come out as wel..

Casimir

Good boy.
Does anyone remember the first 5 or so things released for both DP and HGSS? Just so we can take a guess at what is revealed on sunday? ^_^

Anyway, yeah, I actually really like the names now. What would be interesting is if the region's were older fashioned or something, due to black and white making me immediately think of old times (black+white television, photography etc.)

Well, so far, this is playing out exactly like the reveal of HG/SS.
The pokemon sunday prior says they're announcing a new game next sunday ->
Couple days before the new pokemon sunday the names are revealed ->
Pokemon sunday shows a 5 second clip of the male character walking around in New Bark with a cyndaquil ->
CoroCoro comes out with a few details and screenshots.

[aka]

Something about these names is kinda different, methinks. In the past, we've had Red and Blue, whose mascots were red and blue, respectively. Gold and Silver, whose mascots were orange and had blue on them, Ruby and Sapphire, red and blue mascots, and Diamond and Pearl, blue and pink mascots.

Now Black and White? This, to me, represents that instead of just adding/improving a few features, they're taking this seriously. They're changing the formula and who knows what else. I can guarantee this: These are not the same games we've been playing for 15 years. These are something new.

[aka]

Something about these names is kinda different, methinks. In the past, we've had Red and Blue, whose mascots were red and blue, respectively. Gold and Silver, whose mascots were orange and had blue on them, Ruby and Sapphire, red and blue mascots, and Diamond and Pearl, blue and pink mascots.

Now Black and White? This, to me, represents that instead of just adding/improving a few features, they're taking this seriously. They're changing the formula and who knows what else. I can guarantee this: These are not the same games we've been playing for 15 years. These are something new.

BlastoiseWaterLegend

I LOVE WATER TYPES!!
am i the only one thinking that nintendo or gamefreak could be in trouble by using the color black?(like what happened with jinx.)maybe some fans will have a different impact with the colors?

Oh, so you're the idiot that got this race debate started in here.

raichu666

Venus adept
At first I was really suprised, but now I love it. It is great how they are going back to simple colors(kinda) for the names. I feel like the names indicate that many things will change with this game, something that needs to be done because in my opinion, pokemon is needs to have a change

Hmm.

Did you notice that the logos are "inverted"?

picture.php

Pokémon Black.

picture.php

Pokémon White.

I could swear the names were matching the backgrounds, not the font colors.

(pointed out by Skymin Flower on Smogon forums)

Timetraveler:Pikachu

Servant of Time.....
The names are anything but racist. Calling Pokemon Black and White racist would be like saying "That little boy drew a yellow person with small eyes!!!! Racist!!!" Which is obviously not racist.
Moving on, the fact that their using colors instead of rocks says that this game could be a huge advancement in the Pokemon game. They have to do the games REALLY careful because one bad extra could bring hundreds of people people to hate Pokemon. So lets hope they don't mess this up. The Only Downside I can see to the games is that people will have to recreate their teams for competitive playing.

necabo

My two cents:

I can see the English team face-palming at the announcement (if they didn't already know). They'll most likely change it to avoid bad press.

you guys really think these things are done on a whim and posted on an official website. A whole team of people is put on naming things in most companies and I guess gamefreak is not so different in that matter. So I guess they put quite a bit of work in the name.

and I like it, it feels fresh good to go. I really hope they use a whole new engine for the game just as a new refreshing world, I liked sinnoh where the distance betweeen cities was just enough, not like in (H)G(S)S where all routes were quite short, or as in RSE where you had the tiring hiking trails. (which was not all that bad though)

looking forward to sunday, hoping for an area and starter revelation.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
What I don't understand is when has GameFreak/Nintendo ever put that PokeBall on the left side?

If it wasn't confirmed by so many sites, I may believe they were fake.

Someone on PokeBeach mentioned the titles could hint at them being focused on the past, but when I remembered they have added new pokemon, that went out the window.

Ps, based on the titles, I'm leaning towards getting White.

unluckyred13

tHe blaCk sIlVeR
Oh, so you're the idiot that got this race debate started in here.

well sorry for being an IDIOT.
i asked that question because there are many fans or people that would actually get offended even if they know that its a simple color.
i didn't even meant to start this debate.
but then again sorry for the troubles.

Status
Not open for further replies.