• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

anmras

DBK and Senzura - I admire you both for having the patience to read it all :O. /jumped right at page 20.

D*N - I know right? And imagine what the legendary would look like! Then again, Ho-oh is already oriented with the rainbow. Still, its a much better title than grey or crimson in my opinion :)

Zorua - I think the black and white harmony they're talking about with these new games might have something to do with night and day. It seems like it would be a fun concept, especially since almost every pokemon could take a side rather than just sit on the sidelines and watch :)

Last edited:

Canto

I'm kinda glad they went back to the simple names. I'm really glad they didn't do something like "DarkBlack and LightWhite".
And, oddly, when I first heard there were going to be new games, I thought maybe they could do something like Black and White

imapirate

lol no problem. sorry if I came off as a jerk. Reading all 23 pages of this thread will do that you :)

Haha don't worry I didn't think about that and I prefer a clear couple of sentences answer than a vague one with 60 smiley faces.

Senzura

Master of Blaziken
black=good

white=evil

In Japan right?

maybe they will have different stories than previous " two guys going down the same road" path.

it would be interesting if they added Hoenn in the games to tie with HG/SS

I wish they would I loved hoenn..........AND HATED JOHTO. yah I said it! What are you all gonna do about it!

Neurotic Nuckelavee

Monochromatic Beast
This was great news to wake up to this morning! I love the new names, I like that they are going to use Black & White, it's a nice return to more simplistic names like Blue & Red and honestly I was getting tired of hearing people speculated about more and more complex gemstone names.

I also like the idea that these could be Yin and Yang themed as many have suggested, it makes sense and it's a great idea, now we'll just have to see if that could be true or not.

Personally I think Pokemon Grey would be fine for a 3rd title as it fits the monochromatic theme that this generation is starting. However I also wonder if it could be Crimson since that's one of the trademarks and look at it this way:

Black + White + Crimson(Red) = the colors of a pokeball

Anyway I've very pleased with the names and the logos look really cool, I hope the names won't get changed in the US release and I also hope the US logo will look as cool.

black=good

white=evil

In Japan right?

maybe they will have different stories than previous " two guys going down the same road" path.

it would be interesting if they added Hoenn in the games to tie with HG/SS

Nah. Someone explained it already, but in Japan, black would mean "knowledge, experience" and white, "naivety". As far as I know, red is the color considered to be opposite to white in the same sense black is in the West.

But now that you said it, it could be interesting to see your rival working to the villain...

Then you sir, must be burned. May I graciously pour gasoline onto your person and ignite you with a match, and allow my farts to viciously make the flames bigger.

You'll have your inner organs burned along with him and I'm gonna laugh at both of you.

Last edited:

Bardische

Elegance.
I wish they would I loved hoenn..........AND HATED JOHTO. yah I said it! What are you all gonna do about it!

Then you sir, must be burned. May I graciously pour gasoline onto your person and ignite you with a match, and allow my farts to viciously make the flames bigger.

Deaconn

Since PKMN Red
Its funny looking at the new games lol,when i was about 6(just after crystal came out )me and my friend designed a pokemon black & white game with 100 new pokemon each all drawn with crayola crayons :D now there here i wonder if they have Canthorpe?(a made up poke :D)

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
Feed your testicles to an angry ferret.

Lady Umbreon

I think GameFreak just names the games after whatever is playing on the radio. First was "Diamonds and Pearls" by Prince, then "Heart and Soul" by T'Pau. So is Gen 5 named after "Black and White" by Three Dog Night or "Black or White" by Michael Jackson? And why didn't they do "Ebony and Ivory" to stick with the '80s theme?

Spirit of Darkness

The names are too simple, but they give us a lot of speculation about the legendary Pokemon that will appear in these games.

*thinks with wide eyes*

kemal07

Since the games names are based on the start I'm sure this game will have a lot of surprises. Can't wait for Pokemon Sunday, hope they show a short video.

DBK

Renegade Trainer

LMAO!!!! That is getting sig'd :)

Jenny Harper

Back for more
I'm hoping that they show some new animals, they've over done a few species when there are hundreds more.

I'm excited...but dubious because I had my heart broken with the advent of D/P/Pt. Lets hope we don't have any disasters.

Ally

i loved hoenn too!!! everyone else thinks its the worse but better then sinnoh by a mile...and i hated the pokemon in Johto, the region and joining to Kanto was good, but i hated the Gen 2 pokemon (except ampharos and umbreon)

kemal07

Already i'm thinking of getting Pokemon Black in the future. Just Can't wait for new news.
Some people have scared me on this thread lol. It seems as if its based on the start. I hope this doesn't mean a complete new national dex where they forget about 1-2-3-4 gen pokemon but start with a new 150 bunch, it would be silly if they did.

I would expect a few changes, maybe 10 gym leaders, Dark type gym, Elite 5? :p

The racism stuff is really silly though, don't know why people would base it on racism straight away.

Senzura

Master of Blaziken

.......Harsh.....Im not saying they were bad games, there just my least favorite.... BUT WAS THAT REALLY NECCISARY!?

HERLS

LOLOLOL
I know everybody's talking about a third version, but honestly, I can't think of any fitting third version titles. Crimson DOES sound like the most likely so far, but as far as Pokemon goes, when has Nintendo ever done the "most likely" thing? Apart from keeping the actual formula exactly the same for 10+ years, that is.

Also, are we absolutely certain this is a DS title? I was really hoping it would make the most of the 3DS's new features. Oh well, maybe we could have a DS Pokemon game that actually does it justice, even if that just means attack animations, better overworld graphics and eight-directional movement.

PePer

I hope that one of features in Pokemon B&W will allow user to customize their in game character, hair color etc you know what I mean this would lead to some graphic improvements.

Last edited:

Jenny Harper

Back for more
I can't actually decide which version I want, not till I see the version exclusives. Thats why I got Diamond, for Dialga.

Status
Not open for further replies.