• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Origamigryphon

Shiny Hunter
I didn't read through 31 pages worth of stuff, so I'll probably be repeating many people when I say this:

I think there is HIGH doubt that the US will keep these names. People will throw a veritible Sugar-Honey-Iced-Tea fit. Dark and Light, perhaps.

ForeverFlame

I actually noticed one more thing that the announcement revealed, a revelation which comes as a great relief for me: the system which the games will be on. I may have interpreted it wrong, but it looks to me like they have just confirmed that the games are for the DS and not the 3DS. The text at the bottom where they list the credits for the company and things like that ends with DS, not 3DS; plus in the corner it has the DS logo; sounds like pretty good reason to believe they will be DS games, right?

They were confirmed to be on the DS back in January, so no worries.

I didn't read through 11 pages worth of stuff, so I'll probably be repeating many people when I say this:

I think there is HIGH doubt that the US will keep these names. People will throw a veritible Sugar-Honey-Iced-Tea fit. Dark and Light, perhaps.

You already knew how redundant your post was, so why did you post it anyway?

Sabonea_Masukippa

Yeah, you know... Other than the fact that a new handheld was announced. But hey, that's not really much of a reason, is it?

:p

Uhuh.

So every game that was announced for the DS in January to be released in 2010 was automatically up for potential release on the 3DS?

No.

These games were announced for the DS from the start. Now, I know you're going, "But they hadn't announced the 3DS then, telling us would have given it away." There was no reason other than fan wishful thinking.

However, they did not need to tell us the games were being released at all. They could have easily waited until the announcement of the 3DS if they were designed from the ground up for the system and were intended to be launch titles.

HERLS

LOLOLOL
Well with any luck, the selling point of this game won't be "ultra-strong space-o-mon" or glorified Tamogochi's (not that I dislike the Dragon Trio and the Pokewalker). With any luck, the selling point of this Pokemon game will be "look! It's Pokemon how you'd actually expect it! You can walk in more than four directions, the battles are actually animated, the overworld isn't tile-based and you can't use sunny day when you're in a cave!".

Since the fifth gen isn't pushing forward hardware-wise, we can only assume they're going to try and pay closer attention to the little details. You know, making everything feel a little more naturalistic, making the battles look at least as good as in Golden Sun, and adding more features like the Pokeathlon/Pokewalker/Contests/partnermon/natures that makes your 'mon feel like little pets rather than technological pawns of battle.

SippyCupNINJA

I agree.
I think it's probably to keep the DS sales up until the 3DS comes out. I'm betting the third version of Black and White (unofficially dubbed "Gray" by the good inhabitants of this forum) will be on the 3DS in order to keep up the trend of adding something worthwhile and new to the third game.

If this is the case, I might get Black or White AND the third version. I didn't see the point in getting Platinum =|
I agree with you. By the time the 3rd version of this series is out, the 3DS will have been out for a while so "Grey" will most likely be for that. Similar to how Crystal was GBColor while G&S were standard GB.

Crumpet

Delete your System32
For the people going "ROH MAH GAWD WACISM." Look at my sig. Discern which one of them is REALLY racist; Pokemon Black & White or KFC guy.

DBK

Renegade Trainer
oh boy, 31 pages and counting. Here we go again...

1) The names are NOT racist (they are colors, shades, etc.), so enough already. Plus, we already know that some will take it that way, so stop reminding us. And since we have no idea what they are going to do for the world release (US, Europe, etc.), let's stop passing those ideas as facts.

2) They are never going to make a purely evil pokemon, so stop. Maybe a corrupted/twisted one, but not evil.

3) Enough with the *shudders* light types. If it happens, then discuss. But until then lets pretend that idea doesn't exist.

4) Yes it's confirmed for the DS. It's mentioned on page 4 or 5. Let's try to do a little reading before we post. Please.

5) Let's try to keep on topic as well. Remember, a bald mod is a sad mod.

6) And no talk about the third game (Gray, Crimson, or otherwise). Nothing is confirmed.

Lets try and keep the conversation about how awesome the names are, ok? :)

Last edited:

Senzura

Master of Blaziken
I didn't read through 31 pages worth of stuff, so I'll probably be repeating many people when I say this:

*Takes a drink

warnerbroman

the Blue trainer

1) The names are NOT racist (they are colors, shades, etc.), so enough already. Plus, we already know that some will take it that way, so stop reminding us. And since we have no idea what they are going to do for the world release (US, Europe, etc.), let's stop passing those ideas as facts.
True, but it still fun the joke around

2) They are never going to make a purely evil pokemon, so stop. Maybe a corrupted/twisted one, but not evil.
Darkrai tortures people for fun and drifloon drags kids to the underworld

3) Enough with the *shudders* light types. If it happens, then discuss. But until then lets pretend that idea doesn't exist.

I agree it would be the Mary-sue of types

4) Yes it's confirmed for the DS. It's mentioned on page 4 or 5. Let's try to do a little reading before we post. Please. There's nearly 50 pages, no everyone has the time to read them.

5) Let's try to keep on topic as well. Remember, a bald mod is a sad mod. What?

6) And no talk about the third game (Gray, Crimson, or otherwise). Nothing is confirmed.
What Handheld gen didn't have a third game? it might as well be confirmed.

They are not that awesome just back to basics thank goodness

Bold Italics are my words

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
I adore the names of the new games! Black and White say classic, basic, simple etc to me, which are all good things. I hope all this unnecessary sci-fi, time/space, galaxy, uber rubbish is thrown in the box and the series returns to its earthier roots. By that I mean villains that just want to steal random junk, goons that aren't intent on opening the gates to some uber dimension that will unleash the ultimate pokemon, giving me the task of saving the world before I've even got my sixth badge, sigh.

OH yeah! Because more descriptive plot and character development is bad in video games. Everything should stay bland in our society of conservatives.

BM14murph

Master Collector

4) Yes it's confirmed for the DS. It's mentioned on page 4 or 5. Let's try to do a little reading before we post. Please.

5) Let's try to keep on topic as well. Remember, a bald mod is a sad mod.

................AWSOME NAMES!!

Sorry just had to be said there lol

I've been thinking through different names for the games when they hit the western hemisphere and Dark and Light seem to be the main runners with me

I was also considering Dusk and Dawn......they were rumoured to be the names for the GS remakes so they could be used here for us

I think the choice of Black and White is more so referring to the concept of Black vs White and positive and negative (Dark and Light etc) instead of just the 2 shades(colours whatever they're considered to be)

I believe that because they started off with the colour concept>>>Metals>>Jewels>>>Now to abstract concepts like Dark and Light as i suppose it's the next step for them to go in

Or it's just as they said it's theREBIRTH of Pokemon and they are going back to basics with the 2 most basic colours you can get really

Grei

not the color
DBK said:

Darkrai tortures people for fun and drifloon drags kids to the underworld

Bold Italics are my words

Darkrai just causes nightmares, presumably as a form of self-defense (if the info for Darkrai from the movies/anime is not put into consideration). It is not torturing people for fun, it's simply causing nightmares--we don't technically know if it's for fun.

And Drifloon carrying kids into the underworld could easily be a myth.

That's the thing--there isn't an "evil" Pokemon, there are just Pokemon that do things that could be mistaken for "evil", or have myths that make them seem evil. I doubt they'll ever have a Pokemon in-game that is literally "evil" and acts as a villain. The closest they'll become is a Pokemon that is mind-controlled and not truly evil, or just really enraged like they've done in the past.

Last edited:

DBK

Renegade Trainer
Bold Italics are my words:

1) True, but it still fun the joke around

2) Darkrai tortures people for fun and drifloon drags kids to the underworld

3) I agree it would be the Mary-sue of types

4) There's nearly 50 pages, no everyone has the time to read them.

5) What?

6) What Handheld gen didn't have a third game? it might as well be confirmed.

7) They are not that awesome just back to basics thank goodness

1) It is not nor should it be.

2) They are unpleasant, maybe nasty, but not evil.

3) What?

4) That's why I said 4 or 5.

5) Referring to a joke I made about mods pulling their hair out. You had to be there. :)

6) I meant the names. Don't pass what you think they should be as fact.

7) Yes they are :)

*Agrees with Grei*

BlazerX

Elite 4 Trainer
Personally i would think they shpuld stay with the Crystals and such but
Black and White should be ok too since im am African American but it should not mater since its a game

Dattebayo

Banned
First it was colors, then metals, then gems, and finally back to colors. What the heck!? Once they move on to other sources for name titles, they can't go back to using previous source for their previous gen games. This would've made more sense if they were used for the 2nd gen name titles before they starting using metals and gems. Now I'm worried what other traditions that are going to be ruined in the 5th gen. Pokemon game title tradition is Ruined FOREVER!

Last edited:

Phantom champion Z

why would they be called racist? white and black are colors, capcom didnt get in trouble for megaman battle network white. white and black arent even the names of races, what you guys are thinking of is caucasian and african (decent) so chill.

Sabonea_Masukippa

First it was colors, then metals, then gems, and finally back to colors. What the heck!? Once they move on to other sources for name titles, they can't go back to using previous source for their previous gen games. Now I'm worried what other traditions that are going to be ruined in the 5th gen. Pokemon game title tradition is Ruined FOREVER!

See, now, if you're going to be sarcastic you should put a lol afterwards.

Otherwise people will think you're being serious.

And that would be bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.