• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost like a "black hole" or "warp" type of thing?
I noticed it too and how it seemed a bit different and odd.

Exactly. There's a exact name for it, but I have no idea how it is in English.

imo, it looks like they're trying to do too much with the city. It looks really odd the way it is; way too tall and disproportionate.

And the cars, in a pokemon world? It just is out of place. I'd hate it if they just changed the formula like this after all these years.

Hmm, that's a truck. You know, RBY and RSE had it.

Last edited:

RuinsofPoli

Goodbye... DP
Starters... they arent usually revealed this soon are they? I remember when 4th gen was announced it took quite a while... And there were a LOT of fakes that were made. Well we'll just have to see then...

Janovy

Banned
Ying and Yang, good and evil, hot and cold, black and white...light and darkness?

I think the plot will revolve around the fact how one can't exist without another. Light can't exist without darkness and neither can darkness without light and many other opposites. The same goes for the antimatter and matter.

ForteAnly

The new game looks pretty damn awesome. Here's what I liked so far.

Male and female hero overworld sprites.
The back sprite redesign is awesome
Using colors for the game name
Overworld looks amazing.

Wild Jolteon

Have at you!!!
Also I guess that it obvious but let's not forget people (Complainers) that the games are (Most likely) in Beta (Can you say BAY-TA?) so everything may not looks as good as it will in the final game.

Synn

Female Dragon Tamer
About the new starters being supposedly Dark/Psychic/Fighting
They could be Water/Dark Fire/Psychic and Grass/Fighting
(i say these combos as there are no Fire/Psy and only 1 Grass/Fight, although there is 4 Water/Dark)

But please, NO MORE FIRE/FIGHTING!!

(sorry Breloom, *patpat* xD)

Last edited:

The_Boredom_King

Bored Trainer
Nintendo isn't going to get in trouble for the names Black and White. Nintendo could've come up with some better names, but oh well, as long as it's a good game I'm not going to complain.

And what is with everyone going on about Pokemon Black? You realize there's TWO games, Black AND White, not just black. You all keep going on about the black version like Nintendo is gonna get sued for it, and that's just saying that you think (not trying to be racist) black people are gonna sue Nintendo for using a colour, and that just makes yourselves sound more racist then Nintendo is being.

Ying and Yang, good and evil, hot and cold, black and white...light and darkness?

I think the plot will revolve around the fact how one can't exist without another. Light can't exist without darkness and neither can darkness without light and many other opposites. The same goes for the antimatter and matter.

While that seems like something they would do, it's been stated a lot that names have never really contributed to the plot.

But , this is ZOMG NEW POGEYMANZ YOU WON'T BELIEVE IT'S REALLY POGEYMAN... so, whatever helps you sleep at night ;)

Grei

not the color
Indeed [the best, and worst, time of every new main game unveiling]. Lol.

I just had a random speculative thought actually, on the battle system:

What if the battle screen rotates [in some kinda 2D.5 of course, but still] whenever a turn is made - so the screen we have there in the CoroCoro batch has your pokemon attacking, but when it comes to the foes turn it does a small fancy notating motion over to the other side and we see them attack, or something.

Could be a simple [cheap] way of making the battles appear more 3D than they actually are [without any probable 3DS enhanced features in play]?

In order for that to really work, they'd probably need to have 3D sprites, which they don't appear to have. I mean, it could work if the Zorua sprite got bigger as it got closer to the screen, and about halfway through transitioning, the sprite flipped to it's backsprite. Same for Zoroark--the backsprite would get smaller as it moved until about halfway through the turn it flipped into it's normal sprite.

If it worked like that, it'd be really cool. I'd enjoy that.

oh damn i forgot about the 3DS perhaps BW could be a launch title for it?

3DS will be able to play it.

I'm getting tired of people thinking this game is slated for a 3DS release, though. The official site confirms it's for the DS--that isn't changing.

As for 3DS-only capabilities, I doubt it. It's possible, but I doubt it. If there are special capabilities, it'd probably be something minor--I don't expect graphical changes, although that would be really neat.

I may as well speculate a bit but looking at the screen shot of the city it looks like the map will transition from part too part when ever you move around (Like that road the trainer is standing near)

I hope so. I sure as hell hope that that small cluster of skyscrapers isn't the "city"--there had better be a lot more to it.

(i say these combos as there are no Fire/Psy and no Grass/Fight, although there is 4 Water/Dark)

Breloom would like to kindly punch you in the face.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
So wait let me get this straight even teh offical site will post MORE info on April 15th or do you mean its the coro coro's site? i'm confues on that

I'm plannign on (if i can) import one of these versions when it ocmes out (althouh i dont know any japanese games but i can always use walkthroughs online to help)

I gotta say the battle screen is so amazing maybe we'll et that info from Pokemon Sunday but like other people said, i think its just a clip of it.

They'll only re-post corocoro information, though I'm hoping they do stuff like the main character concept artwork and stuff... :eek:

spiroff

the best
Also I guess that it obvious but let's not forget people (Complainers) that the games are (Most likely) in Beta (Can you say BAY-TA?) so everything may not looks as good as it will in the final game.

I haven't known nintendo to change things too much when they release photos. I hope they do change things though, that city needs more color!

Jirachi Kidd

In my opinion, these games look awesome! But how we supposed to walk around if there i curved corners? And the city looks to bland... Also, i kind of like the male sprite, but not the female so much? I guess I'll wait for better pictures...
I still love the names though!:D

bel9

n3w 2 sppf :3

Yin and Yang may have something to do with it as I and others have pointed out. They have already done that storyline through the previous 2 generations too.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
(i say these combos as there are no Fire/Psy and no Grass/Fight, although there is 4 Water/Dark)

Breloom.

But what I really like so far is the fact that we can now see the pokemons whole body back sprite.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
They'll only re-post corocoro information, though I'm hoping they do stuff like the main character concept artwork and stuff... :eek:

they could always suprise us by adding more stuff that maybe they couldnt fit into the magazine

panas

Could be.

They'll definitely be 3DS enhanced features that's for sure.

I think it will not because they announce that the new pokemon games black and whtie are coming out in auttum fall but they didn't announce anything about nintendo dsi 3DS

Adz

Poke Knight
Ok so here's some things that stand out for me that haven't been mentioned yet!! (i dont think!)

the PC in the pokemon centre seems like it is completly different and not as advanced as gen IV pc's that seem more stylush and modern! This pc reminds me a lot of them PC's some of us would have had in the 90's!!

Secondly, beside the bridge image, the writing states we will have the opportunity to use a vehicle never used before!! What could this mean!? Will the city's be so far apart that we can use a truck to go between them faster!? Or will it be a plane or somthing!? Who knows!! :S

overall, these games look promising!!!

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
Im not trying to complain here... but personally Im not all that impressed. I think GF should have just waited and used the new 3DS hardware which has an incredible processor to create a totally 3D Pokemon experience. Dont get me wrong though, I will get it, I just think that waiting would have wrought a truly reinventing of the series, not just new views of the graphics D/P/Pt/HG/SS already made standard. Who knows though, maybe there is something to the battle scene we are missing still... like completely animated fights (more or less moving when attacks are used etc....).

panas

Could be.

They'll definitely be 3DS enhanced features that's for sure.

I think it will not because they announce that the new pokemon games black and whtie are coming out in auttum fall but they didn't announce anything about nintendo dsi 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.