• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudkip12

Exploding Knees.
Wasn't that surfboard?

Nah, I think that was a beta item in R/B/Y. On topic i think this looks pretty good. About pokemon following you, it was cute when there was a little cyndaquil following me around but then I put a steelix at the front of my party... never again. I think it will be optional.

bwgirl.png

200px-HeartGold_SoulSilver_Lyra.png

Nice try...

rekreatur

I'll never understand how people think Pokémon Black/White sounds racist. I never thought of black/white people until I read this. :|

bwgirl.png

Am I the only one searching the 2ch forums?
You've clearly never seen Kotone's, Dawn's and whoever's the guy in FR/LG's official art.

Last edited:

DBK

Renegade Trainer
The events of G/S or HG/SS take place 3 years after the events of R/B or FR/LG.

Stop. Just stop. Timeline means nothing in pokemon, so enough. Don't make me break out the commandments.

*sip*

Jigglypuff5000

pokemon following you may be an option you could turn on and off now. anybody think of that?

Yes, but not showing off any one shot of it [and then not] is worrying.

... And I still don't get why people seem to hate it so much now. It was widely praised in the time leading up to HGSS' release [not that I've had the funds for a copy of HG yet]?

DBK

Renegade Trainer
I'll never understand how people think Pokémon Black/White sounds racist. I never thought of black/white people until I read this. :|

*sigh*

1) The names are NOT racist (they are colors, shades, etc.), so enough already. Plus, we already know that some will take it that way, so stop reminding us. And since we have no idea what they are going to do for the world release (US, Europe, etc.), let's stop passing those ideas as facts.

2) They are never going to make a purely evil pokemon, so stop. Maybe a corrupted/twisted one, but not evil.

3) Enough with the *shudders* light types. If it happens, then discuss. But until then lets pretend that idea doesn't exist.

4) Yes it's confirmed for the DS. It's been mentioned. Let's try to do a little reading before we post. Please.

5) Let's try to keep on topic as well. Remember, a bald mod is a sad mod.

6) And no talk about the third game or it's name (Gray, Crimson, or otherwise). Nothing is confirmed..

And if anyone brings up number 1 again, this will be the standard response:

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpos...&postcount=669

*sip*

lambey332

well......i reckon new starters are INC soon......and then we will get more details in the next few weeks

kaibachaoschampion

Feather Trainer
Am I the only one who thinks that HGSS looks generally getter than these games? The move to a more 3D look just doesn't look as nice in my opinion, though it could just be these screens not being as high quality.

Neurotic Nuckelavee

Monochromatic Beast
No one is thinking of your liver are they DBK? We'll have to set up a foundation to find you a liver transplant before the next update.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Nice find, looks pretty cool, still can't wait for the official art but this is at least something interesting to look at even if it is fake. I'm not a fan of so much pink : / must they use that color so liberally on the girl characters?

I'm not much of a fan of pink either, but that pic look's quite good regardless. I believe the official art doesn't use pink all that much though.

Nah, I think that was a beta item in R/B/Y. On topic i think this looks pretty good. About pokemon following you, it was cute when there was a little cyndaquil following me around but then I put a steelix at the front of my party... never again. I think it will be optional.

Yeah, possibly a beta item for RBY, I recall something of that nature.

lambey332

oh and BTW the big skyscrapers suggest to ME that this is based in the future, ahead of the other games, which would match the discovery of new pokemon!

oh and BTW the big skyscrapers suggest to ME that this is based in the future, ahead of the other games, which would match the discovery of new pokemon!
Oh yeah? Well the CRT monitors instead of LCD monitors, and the skyscrapers looking like modern ones rather than future ones, suggest to ME that it takes place in the past. Or, at least, a more realistic setting as the scans suggest.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Regarding the issue of Pokemon following you, just reposting this:

1. It could be an optional feature and since it was present in HGSS, they didn't deem it necessary to show it off.

2. Possibly reserved for future pics involving starters or something, especially with all the "fresh start of Pokemon" stuff that's been going around. Didn't want to go back to the previous gens I suppose.

Jigglypuff5000

well......i reckon new starters are INC soon......and then we will get more details in the next few weeks

I'd rather even ten seconds of footage then to know the starters, personally.

And I know it'll never happen, but I kinda wish that Nintendo wouldn't reveal the starters at all before release, then it'd be a really fun and fresh feeling upon starting up [for me at least].

Again, in my opinion. *shrugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.