• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indragon

Back in the USSR

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Yeah it's fun but it didn't give a richer experience to the game, nor did it help the storyline ( I think )

No, no it definitely didn't.

I thought

Grass: A Lyrebird
Fire: A Lion
Water: A Capricorn

Why?

Why a goat for a water Pokemon? Explain yourself.

People it's called the B&W confirmed info eiscussion. Please don't get this thread closed.

It will get closed and restarted eventually anyway.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
Hm? I though theyey were juist trying to be neat by using the english words....

so white means light in japanese ?.?

you are right about Kuro and Shiro, I know that much, I was wondering why it was in kata for the english W/B...

-shrug- I geuss ishould just wait.... -sigh

No, 'howaito' doesn't mean light (and on a separate note, it wasn't me that said that XD ). My thought process was similar to yours. I like how the names are 'old yet modern'... and by that i mean how going back to colors is 'older', but making it English instead of 'kuro/shiro' reflects well on their more modern trend of using katakana :p

D*N

Musical Star
I hope for a gras bird.
they already have fire and water birds ( torchic and piplup)
so I want a gras bird.
the other I don't know maybe a mouse,shark/fish,cat,dog,walliby
yeah a walliby that a good one :)

SmileyFace

Some Guy
Posted and discussed a few pages back...

That deserved one, no matter what my sig says.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I don't know if this was posted before so...

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/7089/1271090406046.png

That's from Sugimori's concept book a few years ago .. That's what I heard

That does look a bit more like the female character, but notice that she looks older than what we usually see in the games. The game's target demographic is young children and that girl looks more like a teenager or maybe even an adult so it's probably the basis for her design but not her design entirely :S

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
I know right! Will anyone else hugely disappointed if your pokemon can't follow you around? I thought that was one of the best bits of HG and SS. It seems like a major step *back* to take it away :(

Ironic, considering some people went into a complaining fit over it's announcement.

People it's called the B&W confirmed info eiscussion. Please don't get this thread closed.

Not that there's really anything to discuss.

Zero38

Self-made
Yea I think They are reusing it or something like this...
But I actually Like the design this time more than the Male Character

water trainer

Knuckle Trainer
I think there's a strong possibility that, that could be the design of the female character, except and updated outfit? cause I compared it to a screenshot of the female OW and I must admit they do look very similar in hair color/style and hat...

ABunnyLeaps

Breeder/Collector.
From what I've seen of the released pictures, the animation looks like a mix of harvest moon and early final fantasy games.

I'm just sayin'.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Concept art of an unnamed girl that has the similar looks pops up, and everyone is calling it a beta of the girl. Its likely, but much more unlikely. For one, this girl certainly seems to be wearing a skirt, and second the hair isn't that much the same.

Zero38

Self-made
I think there's a strong possibility that, that could be the design of the female character, except and updated outfit? cause I compared it to a screenshot of the female OW and I must admit they do look very similar in hair color/style and hat...

Yea The Hair & Hat Are the same
But in the pictures , The color is more pink , I think It's updated

I know right! Will anyone else hugely disappointed if your pokemon can't follow you around? I thought that was one of the best bits of HG and SS. It seems like a major step *back* to take it away :(

Or maybe they've added an option which allows you to choose?
It would be kinda stupid to create near enough 1000 Pokemon overworld sprites and not use them again. (It's nearly 1000 if you include Shiny and different formes)

SmileyFace

Some Guy
From what I've seen of the released pictures, the animation looks like a mix of harvest moon and early final fantasy games.

I'm just sayin'.
Wait, you can judge animation from pics...?
O.O'

Status
Not open for further replies.