• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

icelord0626

Porygon 2
All we really need is the sugimoris of the trainers, plus Z obain method. And what else in the next issue? a region map? That would be cool.

Dubskiiz

Dubstep Explosion
According to serebii, the LC does nothing

It must do something because it says

"View Lock Capsule Card" in mystery gift options
&
"The lock Capsule is held in the strictest safekeeping."
&
"The Lock Capsule was delivered safely!"

Maybe it is twinned with the 5th gen =/

Red Charizard

Current Love: Sinnoh
I really can't wait for Pokemon Black and White, I know they're going to be amazing.

My speculations/wishes:

-More than 200 new pokemon, 5% maximum of pre evs/evs of exisitng pokemon

-A much larger world (More towns and cities, I want 35) and the routes themselves are more longer so it seems more like a journey as opposed to a 15 second walk.

- The towns/cities are bigger space wise and building wise. The starting town usually has 4 building. I want 15, some spaced apart, some next to each other, all large and at least a farm or something. In the current games it usually takes 3 seconds to run from one end of town to the other. In the new ones I want it to be 20 seconds. They should space things out as well, like how they did in Solaceon Town.

-I want the largest city to have more than 200 buildings. And 90% of them should be accessible to go in. Also, I want the places to be more like cities and towns so with shops to buy clothes for human as well as electrical shops and town halls and companies and office block and supermarkets. You could battle trainers in these places or fulfill some parts of the quest. Either way, they should be there to add to the experience and sense of exploration in this game.

- I want the battles to start off with a quick cutscene of the pokemon jumping out at you, as opposed tothe boring black screen that happens now. I don't want those horrendous sprites for battling anymore,. I want to see them move, be animated and actually use their moves. Also, while they're waiting for the trainer to command them they should be alive i.e. move, itch etc....

- I want there to be a Light type and Pokemon should be able to learn up to 6 moves.

- Everyone's saying it's confirmed for DS. But I think it;'s for 3DS. In the CoroCoro Leaks there was no logo and on the official website maybe they can't say its 3DS because Nintedno hasnt made the 3DS logo yet. Also, maybe htey cant; announced the release date yet because Nintendo hasnt decided on the 3DS release date yet. 3DS will be revvelaed in June 2010 and thta's when I think Pokemon Black and White will be revealed as comig out on the 3DS platform.!!!!!!!!!!

Typos fixed in bold.

No offense, but I think you're being a bit too demanding there, all of that programing would take forever, and we'd have to wait too long for the games.

The.WorkSe.Of.InfiNites

VeritatemDiesAperit
As yaminokame and myself were speculating some pages back, mainly because of the screen with the two-tiered bridge with the car (which could be a parallel to the Seto Bridge), the story of Black/White could happen on a region which would be Shikoku + Chuugoku, as they are connected by said bridge.

It also makes sense if you take the size of the Shikoku and Chuugoku combined, that would be a little smaller than Hokkaidou (Sinnoh) and have some pretty relevant cities and places.

This sounds like a great idea. However, how would they separate Cianwood in Johto from this region? I'm sure there's some mountain range that i don't know yet. (Unless they connect it to Johto...)

Also, I found this interesting fact about the chugoku region. It is commonly split into two regions, the san'yo and san'in regions. Translated, they mean:
San'yo - Yang of the Chugoku mountains, referring to the industrialised southern side of chugoku
San'in - Yin of the Chugoku mountains, referring to rural northern side of chugoku.

A connection to the Black/White, Yin/Yang reference?
Could this also relate to the major legendaries with a polluted/environmental theme, when talking about rural/industrialised areas?

Also, if you look at the bridge image, the buildings appear to be covered in a fog of polluted air. If you look into the background, there is a tonal difference, the darker tones being buildings (look further back behind the visible buildings).

My other idea referring to Black & White is a Night/Moon & Day/Sun legendary, respectively.

All we really need is the sugimoris of the trainers, plus Z obain method. And what else in the next issue? a region map? That would be cool.

It had better be worth the wait... To make it up to us, they should unveil some new Pokemon in the May issue. That would make me very happy. If not, I'll just have to destory the publisher's headquatres using Judgement.

I would be happy with just a region map, to see if the Chugoku theory is correct, and at least two or three pokemon, maybe the major legendaries or the starters, or their silhouettes. A month seems so far away now... i'm gonna go insane!!!

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
(More towns and cities, I want 35)
Did you want to finish the game in a week or three years?

The starting town usually has 4 building. I want 15
I really don't think anyone cares all that much about what you want...

I want the largest city to have more than 200 buildings. And 90% of them should be accessible to go in.
Umm, seriously?

Everyone's saying it's confirmed for DS. But I think it;'s for 3DS
That's because it is confirmed for the DS. They wouldn't release a game if the console wasn't out yet, and they wouldn't lie. "Hey kids, you thought you could play this game on your DS? Well guess what? The game comes out next week and you're going to have to buy a 3DS to play it so ha!"

maybe htey cant; announced the release date yet because Nintendo hasnt decided on the 3DS release date yet.
It's been confirmed for an Autumn 2010 release in Japan.

and thta's when I think Pokemon Black and White will be revealed as comig out on the 3DS platform.!!!!!!!!!!
And that's when I'll be telling you that you were wrong.

We had more information at this point with HG/SS as well.

Well that's kinda obvious since it was a remake of Gold and Silver. But I get you, we had more information on the new features and other minors bits at this point.

We haven't even seen the box art yet neither! But they are going to show gameplay on Pokemon Sunday, so... That's a perfect time to show off the box art. And the legendary Pokemon on it.

Zero38

Self-made
"The Lock Capsule is held in the strictest safekeeping."
This Reminds me when I was waiting 3 months to send my "waiting Manaphy Egg" from Ranger 1 to Pearl

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Well that's kinda obvious since it was a remake of Gold and Silver. But I get you, we had more information on the new features and other minors bits at this point.

We haven't even seen the box art yet neither! But they are going to show gameplay on Pokemon Sunday, so... That's a perfect time to show off the box art. And the legendary Pokemon on it.

The gameplay will probably just be short clips of the images we've already got. Wont be much more exciting, I think.

- Everyone's saying it's confirmed for DS. But I think it;'s for 3DS. In the CoroCoro Leaks there was no logo and on the official website maybe htey can't say its 3DS because Nintedno hasnt made the 3DS logo yet.

Will stop with this 3DS crap, it's for the Nintendo DS. End Of. And they don't need a piggin' logo to say it's for the 3DS, so that's one of your theories gone right out of the window there.

Also, maybe htey cant; announced the release date yet because Nintendo hasnt decided on the 3DS release date yet. 3DS will be revvelaed in June 2010 and thta's when I think Pokemon Black and White will be revealed as comig out on the 3DS platform.!!!!!!!!!

They did announce the release, it's Fall 2010 in Japan, they'd give us a specific release date closer to the time, and when we have more information. And these games won't be on the 3DS platform! FFS! :mad:

You've been told by me, and 40 other members, it's coming out on the Nintendo DS!

^^ Wasn't Zoroark's shadow something new revealed on Pokemon Sunday?

As for the stuff concerning next month, I'm not really sure what to think of it. I'm HOPING that Game Freak doesn't pull a Super Smash Brothers Brawl on us and make it seem totally awesome but it ends up being less that expected. Not that Brawl was bad game, I just wish it was a little better.

Then again, I had posted about how Gamefreak had a few years with Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus, and other yearly events to work on Black and White in secret, so...Idk.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

As for the stuff concerning next month, I'm not really sure what to think of it. I'm HOPING that Game Freak doesn't pull a Super Smash Brothers Brawl on us and make it seem totally awesome but it ends up being less that expected. Not that Brawl was bad game, I just wish it was a little better.

Then again, I had posted about how Gamefreak had a few years with Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus, and other yearly events to work on Black and White in secret, so...Idk.

No one other than fans made Brawl out to be any more than what it was...

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
They do, it's just that Coro Coro reveals it first.

You know I was referring to the initial reveal.

OK, let me rephrase. Pokémon Sunday very very very very very very very very VERY rarely has the initial reveal of things.

Ninja Charmander

I'm thinking there will be improved 3D on the 3DS because it's obvious this won't be released on the 3DS. It seem they're going for a 3D theme to the game's graphics and these could easily be improved by the 3DS..

Status
Not open for further replies.