• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachirissu!!

I gots me a Pikachu.
Why wouldn't Black and White be made anymore? You know that we can still buy R/S/E if we want, right? At least in my city I can.. And even if they would stop making them, it would only be after llike 2 or 3 years, and I can't imagine ANYONE who wants the B/W and not the third version, but hasn't bought it before that time.

superkal388

Kanto SuperTrainer
or what if there is no third version? thats always a possibility if they make these versions complete, as in not senselessly leaving stuff out *looking at you battle frontier*

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Seriously, it's DBK's...
Just turned around and screwed with.

lol, I know that, but for some reason, it's hilarious nonetheless :D

Not that much as, at least, it's possible for it to happen. Light types? Not so much.

Besides, who wouldn't want to travel to more regions? xD

All regions = far from possible.

I just wish they would stop drawing it out! It's killing me not knowing. In a few months we'll be getting information daily of what is happening, even more when the game is released in Japan. I just hope zoroark and its pre-evo are not event pokemon because I can never get to those.

Since they're not legendaries, they won't be event Pokemon.

*sigh* till next month for any concrete info now, though I'm looking forward to those clearer pics. The site updates in about 10 hours, right?

Also, @Chimchar15: manufacturing games for a generation (or a triplet of games in this case) won't stop until the gen's over AFAIK. So, B&W will be produced even when the third installment comes out 3DS or not.

Pachirissu!!

I gots me a Pikachu.
Well one thing's for certain and that's that there WILL be a third version. And if there won't be.. well, they can just keep on making Black and White copies until every Pogeyfan in the world has one!!!!11!1eleven.

icelord0626

Porygon 2
Just checked B&W site. Nothing new yet.

Chimchar15

Why wouldn't Black and White be made anymore? You know that we can still buy R/S/E if we want, right? At least in my city I can.. And even if they would stop making them, it would only be after llike 2 or 3 years, and I can't imagine ANYONE who wants the B/W and not the third version, but hasn't bought it before that time.

Because they'll stop making Nintendo DS games about a 1/2 year to a year after the 3DS is out. There are some people who don't want the third version. Also there is absolutely no place that sells a fresh brand new copy of R/S/E anywhere. Only used.

Pachirissu!!

I gots me a Pikachu.
Do you really think Black and White will be made, and a year later not be sold anymore? And this is even only IF there will be no third version. Because I don't think the amount of people not willing to buy the third version will be big enough for Nintendo to keep on manufacturing them.

Indragon

Back in the USSR

Unfortunately, RSE manufacture has stopped a long time back :/

or what if there is no third version? thats always a possibility if they make these versions complete, as in not senselessly leaving stuff out *looking at you battle frontier*

I hope they don't leave out the Battle Frontier in B&W (REALLY hope so) but I think a third version is inevitable nonetheless. And we all know most people will buy it however repetitive it is, right? But maybe, it'll have some major new features introduced with a new storyline, etc. idk, major changes essentially...

icelord0626

Porygon 2
It's not RSEFRLG, but at my city, you can by red mystery dungeon brand new. Also, you can still by E-cards new there. Wouldn't it be cool if they brought something like e-reader back?

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Because they'll stop making Nintendo DS games about a 1/2 year to a year after the 3DS is out. There are some people who don't want the third version. Also there is absolutely no place that sells a fresh brand new copy of R/S/E anywhere. Only used.

No they won't. Firstly, games of a particular gen aren't stopped being produced until the gen is over. Secondly, if you remember, Emerald was actually released after the DS came out (while all third gen games were still being produced). So not only did they continue manufacture after a new system came out, but they released a totally new game on it, too.

ForeverFlame

WRONG.

Gameboy Advance games were still made up to 2007. Three years after the Nintendo DS came out.

Also, my local Wal-Mart still sells Emerald, FireRed, and LeafGreen.

EDIT: I did some research, and apparently the last GBA game released in North America was Samurai Deeper Kyo, which was released in 2008. Four years after the Nintendo DS came out. So yeah.

Last edited:

Pachirissu!!

I gots me a Pikachu.
^I guess that must ease your worries a bit.

Well, as much as I would like to stay here and talk about things we don't even know, I have got to go since it's bedtime for us teenagers here. D:

Good luck and I'll catch y'all tomorrow.

icelord0626

Porygon 2
For the third game they should call it pokemon spectrum. Like RBY color spectrum.

superkal388

Kanto SuperTrainer
lol i wasnt saying there wudnt be a third version, im more than sure there will be, i was just saying that with all the molds that are being broken this time around (i.e. back to simple names, the super tight lid on new pokemon) you never know, not with this gen anyway but i guess if there ends up being no battle frontier then its 100% confirmed XD

icelord0626

Porygon 2
I think they should do it like in Gen III, where it goes- launch generation games, remakes, third version.

RuinsofPoli

Goodbye... DP
lol i wasnt saying there wudnt be a third version, im more than sure there will be, i was just saying that with all the molds that are being broken this time around (i.e. back to simple names, the super tight lid on new pokemon) you never know, not with this gen anyway but i guess if there ends up being no battle frontier then its 100% confirmed XD

Did you mean that there is a Tight Lid on new pokemon now? Or isnt.

superkal388

Kanto SuperTrainer
Did you mean that there is a Tight Lid on new pokemon now? Or isnt.

that there is one now, definately lol

and ya i too wud prefer that if theyre gonna do remakes again that they be in between the launch versions and the third version that way it actually feels like a return to the current gen... >.>

although ending with johto again is kind of a nice nod towards 2001 ^.^

Last edited:

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I just wish they would stop drawing it out! It's killing me not knowing. In a few months we'll be getting information daily of what is happening, even more when the game is released in Japan. I just hope zoroark and its pre-evo are not event pokemon because I can never get to those.

Well it's no so hard getting events now, since most of them are simple WiFi downloads.

Indragon

Back in the USSR

Well, maybe next month, we'll be flooded with new Pokemon or something. Or not, but who knows? :p

Still hoping for a Frontier in the first two itself!

I think they should do it like in Gen III, where it goes- launch generation games, remakes, third version.

Depends, RS remakes aren't coming out before 2012 (OMG!), so depending on that, the third version would be positioned around it. I think it's likely that it'll be remakes, then the third version.

Status
Not open for further replies.