• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know the city, how it's 3D and circular? How are the overworld NPC sprites going to work with that? I'm assuming that as you move around the outside of the city the camera moves with you and keeps you centered, but that won't work with the NPC sprites because they're 2D :S

Will they just randomly change from a side sprite to a back sprite after you pass a certain point?

Get what I mean anyone?

Yeah I get you, and probably not, that would be a bit complicated have several simultaineous angles at one.

Vermehlo_Steele

Grand Arbiter II
Not to mention this is a DS game we are talking about.
If they have a third Fire-type starter who evolves into yet another Fire-Fighting hybrid, I may just bomb Nintendo. I hope their is a Fire-Steel type, it would be cool.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Is this fake or real guys? Hmm, then again, I like it either way.

I think it's fake Avegaille. Those poses look too similar to the Ethan/Lyra poses so it was probably edited from those images. Still pretty cool and I wish we'd get leaked info on their designs :S

Anyway, it might just be me but it looks like the city (the one that appears to be on a round island) has more than one bridge/section connecting it to the mainland. I think I see something in the background that could be another bridge, or maybe a pier?

Last edited:

Avegaille

ジャッジメントですの!
I think it's fake Avegaille. Those poses look similar to the Ethan/Lyra poses :S

Now that you mention it, it kinda does. Those 2ch people sure know how to edit their images very well. Haha. XD

EDIT: On the other note, the new much more somewhat realistic 3D version of the overworlds is quite overwhelming. (that means lag too but yeah). The names of the game remind me of a certain homosexual teleporter.

Going to pick the female trainer for sure when it comes out.

Last edited:

rocky505

Not to mention this is a DS game we are talking about.
If they have a third Fire-type starter who evolves into yet another Fire-Fighting hybrid, I may just bomb Nintendo. I hope their is a Fire-Steel type, it would be cool.
ever heard of heatran my friend.

Avegaille

ジャッジメントですの!
Extremely unlikely. The chances of a game experiencing low frame rates isn't very high when you're working with set hardware.

Although they managed to do it with Spirit Tracks somehow.

I was talking about something else (that is not legal) hence why it's on strikes. :p

By the time this game comes out in English, I can buy and own it legitimately so that means I won't even considering of thinking about said lag.

1271334231684.jpg

Is this fake or real guys? Hmm, then again, I like it either way.

Someone posted this a while ago as well, and they're fake. The girl looks awesome though XD

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Why can't we just have customizable characters? It'd be so much better....
Plus it would eat all the space available on the game cards, wouldn't it? Each customisation would need a sprite for left, right, forward and backward, walking in every direction, biking in every direction, in the battle, etc.

snare

DEATH STARE.
Plus it would eat all the space available on the game cards, wouldn't it? Each customisation would need a sprite for left, right, forward and backward, walking in every direction, biking in every direction, in the battle, etc.

Well, it's not like they'd have sheets for every single possible combination... As long as they had sprites for the parts and they just sorta piece them together... Yeah... I bet I'm not making any sense.

Sprites don't take up all that much space anyhow, you'd be surprised. :[

shac

That city shot, while an amazing one, kinda worries me. It gives the vibes that the cities will encompass much larger area than the ones we usually have (the ones with only 9-10 houses that you can run past in ten or so seconds). What if it does not live up to the expectation?

The.WorkSe.Of.InfiNites

VeritatemDiesAperit
So I sort of signed up just to say this but, that 'red thing' you speculate on the bridge that you call a cue-ball. Resembles a red jinrikisha turned away from you to me.

The-Jinrikisha-In-China.png

Can't be a bike, there are two pixels for feet

notarobot20750.png

I think the idea of a jinrikisha seen from behind, or rickshaw as it's otherwise known as (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rickshaw), seems very accurate to the 'red thing', to me.
In the blown up image, the 'feet' are actually 2 wheels, much like a rickshaw. The black lines coming up from the sides are the poles that the navigator holds.
The light-coloured top would just be a straw hat, with the red part is the carriage for a person to ride in.

However, i could be wrong, and it could be anything anyone suggests at the moment. A gameplay clip in the next month would be very welcomed to confirm any of our suspicions.

If the region is based on Chuugoku, the big city could really be Hiroshima, as it's surrounded with water, just like Hiroshima has the sea and several rivers passing through it, forming islands.

I certainly agree with this. And on the left, as 4th KIRA mentioned, does look like a port or pier, which Hiroshima also has.
The city behind the bridge would possibly be based on Okayama as it has the Great Seto Bridge
Based on the Chuugoku theory, IF they ever have a desert in this region, it should be near Tottori (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tottori_Sand_Dunes)

That should be enough for speculation. Just need to wait now...

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Well, it's not like they'd have sheets for every single possible combination... As long as they had sprites for the parts and they just sorta piece them together... Yeah... I bet I'm not making any sense.

Sprites don't take up all that much space anyhow, you'd be surprised. :[

You'd be surprised actually. Having four different sprites for each piece of clothing, depending on how many they have, actually uses up a fair amount of space on a DS cart. They're not very big.

Razmos

I have this sponge..
I think having a detailed customisation system might take up too much space.

But i think that it might be possible to have specific outfits to switch from, like in HG/SS, where you have 3 different outfits (though 2 can only be used in the underground/RocketGoldenrod or the Pokeathlon) even a limited wardrobe like that would give more choices for players, rather than your character always looking the same and having no ability to change it.

I was absolutely thrilled in Soulsilver when my character put on the Rocket Outfit. i wish it lasted for longer :(

Status
Not open for further replies.