• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the region is based on Chuugoku, the big city could really be Hiroshima, as it's surrounded with water, just like Hiroshima has the sea and several rivers passing through it, forming islands.

I like this idea, however I have no idea were Chuugoku is.

Kyogre911

now getting tsutaja
The new pictures are a bit of a let down for me. I don't see much of a graphical update. The overworld sprites are almost exactly the same as 4th gen. Really, it's just kinda like HGSS with a different camera angle. Hopefully, the storyline will make up for the graphics.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
I like this idea, however I have no idea were Chuugoku is.
Its the island where Cianwood resides on its tail end at the east. Chigoku/Shokoku is far better seeing how they won't be too small or too big, but I prefer Tohoku being the region much more. Uh Kyogre, basing Pokemon on graphics or storyline is kinda freakin hard, its the gameplay that mostly matters.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Plus it would eat all the space available on the game cards, wouldn't it? Each customisation would need a sprite for left, right, forward and backward, walking in every direction, biking in every direction, in the battle, etc.

It doesn't really require all that much space as you think, even if they do use individual sprites for each customization instead of some other method. Customization obviously won't be limitless and considering the number of sprites already in the game, this'd be just a minor fraction. With all the other stuff the game cards can hold, I don't see why people are saying that a few
customization would take up insane amounts of space.

Another possible alternative that was suggested by someone earlier is to go with a number of preset custom styles for trainers, either entire sprites or their clothes/accessories/hair, etc. This would give people their customization while still limiting the use of space on the game card.

SnorlaxRules

I think the idea of a jinrikisha seen from behind, or rickshaw as it's otherwise known as (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rickshaw), seems very accurate to the 'red thing', to me.
In the blown up image, the 'feet' are actually 2 wheels, much like a rickshaw. The black lines coming up from the sides are the poles that the navigator holds.
The light-coloured top would just be a straw hat, with the red part is the carriage for a person to ride in.

However, i could be wrong, and it could be anything anyone suggests at the moment. A gameplay clip in the next month would be very welcomed to confirm any of our suspicions.

I think that i looks very much like a back sprite of an old women with her hand folded behind her back, a rickshaw, although possible, i think may be unlikly

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Uh Kyogre, basing Pokemon on graphics or storyline is kinda freakin hard, its the gameplay that mostly matters.

I admit storyline is a side-issue when it comes to Pokemon games but the general gameplay, as it stands, will always remain the same; so the graphics are one of the only thing that people can look forward to for changes and enhancements.

And yeah, who wouldn't expect/want each subsequent Pokemon game to have better graphics or at least refine the old ones?

Its the island where Cianwood resides on its tail end at the east. Chigoku/Shokoku is far better seeing how they won't be too small or too big, but I prefer Tohoku being the region much more. Uh Kyogre, basing Pokemon on graphics or storyline is kinda freakin hard, its the gameplay that mostly matters.

Kinda slightly coincidal, considering the last 2 games were in Johto.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
I admit storyline is a side-issue when it comes to Pokemon games but the general gameplay, as it stands, will always remain the same; so the graphics are one of the only thing that people can look forward to for changes and enhancements.

And yeah, who wouldn't expect/want each subsequent Pokemon game to have better graphics or at least refine the old ones?
Everyone would, and these games do this. The DPtHGSS did not have a proper sky in the backround and it did not look like it could be a proper world, and not just in a bird eye view.

Kinda slightly coincidental, considering the last 2 games were in Johto.
Its the same way people can expect Tohoku as the region as its the region were the Shinto ruins technically should be in.

The.WorkSe.Of.InfiNites

VeritatemDiesAperit

Actually the island where Cianwood resides is Shikoku region. Chuugoku region is connected to the mainland, or west of Olivine City. But it doesn't make a real difference - they're all west of Johto.

Kinda slightly coincidal, considering the last 2 games were in Johto.

And Chuugoku is also east of Hoenn. In relation to Japan geographically, Hoenn is the island of Kyushu, although turned around.
So, Chuugoku/Shikoku is actually between Hoenn and Johto.
However, the Chuugoku theory is just speculation, so it equally might be in Tohoku. Although, the urban environment does seem similar to the port cities of southern Chuugoku. But there could be some in Tohoku that i haven't heard of.

I think the idea of a jinrikisha seen from behind, or rickshaw as it's otherwise known as (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rickshaw), seems very accurate to the 'red thing', to me.
In the blown up image, the 'feet' are actually 2 wheels, much like a rickshaw. The black lines coming up from the sides are the poles that the navigator holds.
The light-coloured top would just be a straw hat, with the red part is the carriage for a person to ride in.

However, i could be wrong, and it could be anything anyone suggests at the moment. A gameplay clip in the next month would be very welcomed to confirm any of our suspicions.

I think that i looks very much like a back sprite of an old women with her hand folded behind her back, a rickshaw, although possible, i think may be unlikly

Now that i look at it, it does look like an old woman. Although the supposed 'legs' throw me off. Just need more images and clips just to confirm...

Shiny_Skarmory

Avalanche Master
If the region is based on Chuugoku, the big city could really be Hiroshima, as it's surrounded with water, just like Hiroshima has the sea and several rivers passing through it, forming islands.

I agree, and I'm pretty sure this will be ingame region. How do I know? A major clue is that the name of this region is based on Yin and yang (look it up on wikipedia). Black and white anyone?

Shiny_Skarmory

Avalanche Master
Chūgoku also has mountains, deserts, cities - it's the perfect setting IMO. Whereas Tohuku, is, well, a tad bland...

Last edited:

pokenoob

The thing I'm wondering more than anything, (screw racism, I hear about that everyday, lets all play pokemon together and get away from it) is what the 3rd game will be called.

Grey?
Just doesn't sound like a good name for pokemon. zP

better than pokemon: brown streak! :p

Espeon POWER!

Coral Eye Trainer
Nice nice nice!
I love the graphics, I just wonder how walking will work like everyone else.
That city is huge and it looks like there is an exit to the upper left as well as the one near the bottom.

Now that bridge, am I the only one that thinks the grannybotbiker 2000 has a mohawk?

pokenoob

TheUltimateTrainer

The lost trainer
^Slaking, Slowking, Seaking and Vespiquen also says hi

superkal388

Kanto SuperTrainer
dont forget kingdra ^.^ i hope the region is revealed in the next coro coro, my hypothesis is that its made of both shikoku and chukoku (sp?), whatever that smaller island is next to kyushu and the middle part of the land mass above it

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Everyone would, and these games do this. The DPtHGSS did not have a proper sky in the backround and it did not look like it could be a proper world, and not just in a bird eye view.

Yes, yes, I never disagreed with that. The new graphics look very impressive to me and they indeed have been increasing the quality of graphics with every game. However, you told the Kyogre911 that virtually the only thing that mattered in Pokemon was the gameplay, and I was just pointing out that the graphics matter, too and a lot of people look forward to graphical enhancements. Which this gen is undoubtedly delivering.

Status
Not open for further replies.