• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tidus14

http://i43.*******.com/2142xxj.png

are it me or is this guy looked like the guy we've seen in the screens? he is from the new movie btw.

http://i43.*******.com/23jsl6o.png

LOL AT THIS. i know they are fake. but its a kind of funny. xd

Platinum and HG/SS use 128MB, whilst D/P used 64.

Thanks for clearing that up :)

You're not. But that is exactly my point, they made cartridges 512MB max SO FAR, there is no hardware limitation I know of that says you can't go past this magic number.

Also, thank you for not jumping the gun and saying "DURRR I AM RITE U IS RONG".

There is no need to expand to over 512MB, why, your evidence is in Pachirissu!!'s post, they've not even reached half of the cartridge yet, so there is no need to expand the cartridges.

Where did this come from? How is it possible to already obtain that?

It's fake. There's no way anyone could possibly obtain that audio when the cast of Pokémon Sunday were shouting so loud. And plus, he wouldn't be able to get access to such powerful software.

It's most likely he's recreated on audio software. So again, it's unnofficial, and very FAKE.

saddamsdevil

Eevee obsessed
There is no need to expand to over 512MB, why, your evidence is in Pachirissu!!'s post, they've not even reached half of the cartridge yet, so there is no need to expand the cartridges.

Ah poo, I overlooked a few posts.

They WOULD need a lot more data if they include all regions like I suggested, but I know that wont happen, which was kind of the reason for suggesting a larger cartridge.

Also, from the videos it has been made apparent that they need to update the sprites, and maybe switch to a sell shaded 3d model instead of a sprite.

Also, if they DO have 8 directions as mentioned somewhere in this thread, that would double the amount of sprites needed for overworld movement (and this would be the reason they scrapped pokemon walking behind you ;))

Zalman

Master of Puppets
It's fake. There's no way anyone could possibly obtain that audio when the cast of Pokémon Sunday were shouting so loud. And plus, he wouldn't be able to get access to such powerful software.

It's most likely he's recreated on audio software. So again, it's unnofficial, and very FAKE.
Oh, that's unfortunate. It actually sounded very cool.
Also, if they DO have 8 directions as mentioned somewhere in this thread, that would double the amount of sprites needed for overworld movement (and this would be the reason they scrapped pokemon walking behind you ;))
My guess is that one of the following will happen:

1) It's optional.
2) It'll be a feature in the third game.

They know they can't just screw the idea if they want it to be the best Pokémon game ever, which is their goal with every game.

They WOULD need a lot more data if they include all regions like I suggested, but I know that wont happen, which was kind of the reason for suggesting a larger cartridge.

Also, from the videos it has been made apparent that they need to update the sprites, and maybe switch to a sell shaded 3d model instead of a sprite.

HG/SS managed having 4 sprites per normal Pokemon form, so somehow 8 wouldn't be a good enough reason to have bigger cartridges :)

CSolarstorm

New spicy version

are it me or is this guy looked like the guy we've seen in the screens? he is from the new movie btw.

Man, Tidus, it makes the post box huge when you put the whole list of fakemon up there.

I don't think that's the same guy. He looks a bit old to be a Pokemon game kid, and the one in the screens is wearing blue. But the hat and the hair are similar.

It's a bit early to feature the male character in the movies anyway, we didn't get Lucas until Giratina and the Sky Warrior, and this movie is like the equivalant of Lucario and the Mystery of Mew.

Pachirissu!!

I gots me a Pikachu.
But there was also the first appearance of a gen IV Pokémon in movie 7.. We're at movie 13 already, lol.

BlastoiseWaterLegend

I LOVE WATER TYPES!!

http://i43.*******.com/23jsl6o.png

LOL at the new Regis, I think the Hitmosumo was cool though.That was probably the best one. I dont know about the others though. lol

Indragon

Back in the USSR
But they only have to make one sprite for each sticker. If we customize our characters, then Game Freak would have to make the front sprite, the back sprite, and all of the overworld sprites.

And many sprite animations for the various combinations of seals.

And once more, even with all those new sprites, the memory used up won't be too much, and Pokemon games have the capacity to use a lot more on the DS cards.

Does anyone here even know how much the character sprites even take up?
Everyone's arguing over it being loads or not but I have no clue how much it does and i'm sure most of you guys don't know.

Though having it would be a cool adittion though then again i'm not sure if I want it in these kinds of games.

Considering there are thousands of sprites in a Pokemon game, the extra ones added if customization is introduced surely can't be over-the-top as far as memory is concerned.

I'm sure the maximum Game Karts are something like 512MB, which is half of 1GB, and I'm sure Platinum used a small game kart, please correct me if I am wrong.

On this note, I'd just like to ask, these DS game cards - are they all 512 MB with varying amounts of memory used for different games or are the memory capacity's of individual cards different? I assume it's the former but correct me if I'm wrong.

You're not. But that is exactly my point, they made cartridges 512MB max SO FAR, there is no hardware limitation I know of that says you can't go past this magic number.

Also, thank you for not jumping the gun and saying "DURRR I AM RITE U IS RONG".

Hmmm...yeah, you might have something there, is there a limitation?

Well, you're right, an all-regions game won't happen and I don't think the primary cause for that is the memory on DS cards. As for the memory, I dunno if they'd fit or we'd need more, which brings us back to your limitation question.

Yes, it would, but probably only for your trainer sprite and your Pokemon, which brings us back to all that memory capacity blah blah. So, if they indeed scrap the Pokemon-following-you feature, then this can't be the reason.

Also, can people not quote that entire sprite sheet.

Last edited:

Itzal

Its a shame those are fake, some of them are pretty cool.

Itzal

yh but the regis wont work, and everything has an evolution exept legendaries u need pokemon that dont evolve aswell

Yea the Regis were kind of ridiculous, and yea your right not every pokemon should evolve

pokenoob

I guess this means Pokemon won't be following us anymore...

Not to big on the character designs, we'll see. Maybe they're art/sprite will change my mind.

we dont know yet there were no indication of pokemon following you in the first hgss screen shots .

Status
Not open for further replies.