• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
The Cover Pokemon have been legendaries since Gold and Silver. Why would they change it now, especially since the colors are white and black?

Steelia

forever.
Certainly looking forward to the "new" Pokemon reveal... though... as it's probably been pointed out already, good chance Pkmn Sunday will reveal a silhouette, whereas CoroCoro will reveal the entire thing, IF this isn't a mistranslation on our part (though, after seeing the small preview for 'Sunday, I doubt that's the case).

Find it a little odd how some people think the starters could be the mascots.

Red, Blue, Green, FireRed, LeafGreen all say Hello.

Satoshi_poketo monsta

Home-Made Trainer.
I'll say that the Mascot would be a Legendary Pokemon. Who knows, maybe in two month the Pokemon would reveal the Legendary mascots...

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
Who konws maybe they will go back to starters as mascots or something like that. Would be cool....

I hope we get more info on Zoroark soon XD since he's my new favorite pokemon right now

_Raikou_tiger_

ShinyHappyPeople o:
Turns out it's the starters. That's pretty neeeeat. c:

Check the main page non-believerz.

cg_25

Trainer Trainer
I hope they do something like:

1. Fire/Psycic
2. Water/Fighting
3. Grass/Dark

This would form 2 circles where each starter has strengths and weaknesses against each other starter.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

1. Fire/Psycic
2. Water/Fighting
3. Grass/Dark

This would form 2 circles where each starter has strengths and weaknesses against each other starter.

Been said over and over, that's not the same type of circle. Psychic does not affect Dark at all. Even so we're only getting the first stage starters, and we wont be getting any types for them. And they first stages are not usually dual type anyway.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers

1. Fire/Psycic
2. Water/Fighting
3. Grass/Dark

*bashes head against wall*

For the last damn time, Dark/Psychic/Fighting is NOT a type triangle!

The only possible ones are:
Fire/Water/Grass
Grass/Ground/Poison
Fire/Rock/Steel
Fighting/Rock/Flying

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I can't wait for the new starters to be revealed, especially the Water-Type one since I always start with them.

MrPostman

Viceroy
Been said over and over, that's not the same type of circle. Psychic does not affect Dark at all.
Speaking hypothetically here, Psychic wouldn't need to affect Dark. That's what the suggested primary Fire typing would be for (primary Grass typing). Past the primary typing, types aren't important and it's not like you're only playing with your starter by the time secondary types come in.

It's not like Ground-Fighting-Steel is a perfect secondary circle either.

EverChanger

エヴァーチェンジャー
So we're getting "XX" and the Starters? Isn't XX this weekend and the starters next weekend?

IcyKerpymon

Lan challenges you!
Been said over and over, that's not the same type of circle. Psychic does not affect Dark at all. Even so we're only getting the first stage starters, and we wont be getting any types for them. And they first stages are not usually dual type anyway.

1. Fire/Psycic
2. Water/Fighting
3. Grass/Dark

yes, Psychic doesn't afect Dark but Fire afects Grass so...

1ee7leader

Howz bout Ice/Electric/Grass.

Wat.
Not completely sure if this should go in speculation or confirmed, but since its confirmed that starter details come on next weeks episode (not this weeks), and there was a sign with a question mark over it on the last episode, I'm pretty sure this week will give us some shillouettes or a shillouette (or something of a similar nature) of the starters.
A new type triangle seems unlikely because the current types are uncommon for the beginning part of th games, whereas the other type's aren't. Water and fire types don't work well as Pokemon for the first few areas because they don't fit in as well, and also you can't usually surf (or even fish) for a while.

Grass/Ground/Poison
-Poison is common, ground types can usually be found within 1 dungeon and almost always within 2.
Fire/Rock/Steel
-Rocks extremely common, the other 2 are not. Also, I don't see why they would re-use a type if they were going for a totally new type triangle.
Fighting/Rock/Flying
-Fighting is the only uncommon one.

Status
Not open for further replies.