• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteDHeat

the one on the bottom left definely looks cooler but i dont know what they actually look like so im gonna wait to say anything else. I do think that the middle one is gonna be a boar looking thing

Mushroom4

OMGWTFBBQ.
One with "Fire like" tail=Fire type,like Charamander.
One with "Turtwig top"=Grass type,again like Turtwig
Penguin one=Water type,like Piplup.

Well,they haven't developed anything new.I was really hoping for a rare Pokemon.Like Printrick.(Google it.Drawn by The Pokemon Company,BTW.)

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

Well,they haven't developed anything new.I was really hoping for a rare Pokemon.Like Printrick.(Google it.Drawn by The Pokemon Company,BTW.)

None of them look like a penguin.

Also Printrick in a fake Pokemon. Not drawn by Gamefreak who draw the Pokemon. The Pokemon Company does not draw any Pokemon.

http://hallm3.deviantart.com/art/Printrick-94884244

flipjeff1313

Guys, Just Because they Look SIMILAR to old starters, DOESNT mean they WILL BE like the old starters.

The Bird like one (on the left) has a tail sure, but it DOESNT mean its like charmander and is fire!

And the top one that has two things on its head isnt automatically grass cuz it looks like turtwig! Wouldn't that be just a little TOO redundant?

My Guess would be following that order that Pokemon has always gone in. the order GRASS FIRE WATER. So I feel that:

The Left one:
Is A grass type. The things on its tail look to "certain" to be leaves. If it was fire, don't you think the flames would be bent and UNTAMED?

The Right one:
Is a water type. Beaver tail, flipper appenages. Nuff said. It just doesnt fit anything else. Unless Pokemon pulls a fast one and makes this the grass type and the LEFT one water. (which I HIGHLY doubt)

The Top one:
Since everythng else seems kind of certain, I feel its a fire type. I mean just cuz it has two things on top of its head, does not automatically make it a grass type like turtwig! I mean come on! Back to back and SO SIMILAR? No i dont think so. It looks more like rabbit ears. With the tail of a grumpig. Hopefully it'll be the ONLY FIRE starter that's LAST evo stands on all fours.

Anyways Its just my opinion.

When do you think we can expect COROCORO leaks? Im hoping for Wednesday, but will be Over the MOON if its before that.

Grei

not the color

"They haven't developed anything new"? They haven't even revealed what the typing is. The one that you say is Fire could be Grass. The one you say is a Penguin could be fire.

Don't go off claiming that they've run out of ideas when you know nothing about them. Why must these members be so idiotic...

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
My Guess would be following that order that Pokemon has always gone in. the order GRASS FIRE WATER.

I'll have to agree. It's a lot more efficient to follow a preexisting pattern than to go off on a tangent and make things up.

Well,they haven't developed anything new.

All you see are the silhouettes. Judging them by that is just ridiculous. Just because they have the same basic figure doesn't mean that they are closely related to the other starters. That's why there is a section of the Pokedex search that is based on basic figure; plenty of Pokemon can be classified under a single figure.

benare

hey im new!!!

my take on the new pokemon is great but i think alot of people may have it wrong on there guess. but im not 100% sure either so dont hate me. i was looking at the way they stand and to me they all look the opposite of what everyone thinks...

the 1st one with the pointed tail looks like a water type but the tail gets me both ways but to me it looks like a fin.

the 2nd one looks to me maybe like a fire type. it reminds me of a mole or something it gets me at the tip it looks like leaves...

and the 3rd looks like its going to be the grass type and if you look at the way its positioned it looks like a bird to me because if the arms are that way why would its head be the opposite position? thats means its looking up with its beak and we have a possible grass bird starter!!! but at the same time it looks possibly like a water toad...

i hope it isnt like what everyone thought it was because if it is then we will have very lame starters to begin with but who know right?!?!? ;026;

ArceusBlitz

Hydreigon FTW!!!!!!!
The left one looks like Flygon and looks like it has the head of Celebi. The top one looks like a pig something like that. And the right one looks like a Piplup almost. Left grass, middle fire, and right water. Thats what I think. And why would the types be fighting/psychic/dark? The types for starters always has to be grass/fire/water. Its original!!!

Firebrand

Indomitable
All you see are the silhouettes. Judging them by that is just ridiculous. Just because they have the same basic figure doesn't mean that they are closely related to the other starters. That's why there is a section of the Pokedex search that is based on basic figure; plenty of Pokemon can be classified under a single figure.

I agree, but keep in mind this thread has survived on five pictures and the Zorua/Zoroark line.

Grei

not the color
The types for starters always has to be grass/fire/water. Its original!!!

Actually, having something consistent does not make it original. It makes it traditional.

But I agree that the types won't change. It's dumb to think that they will.

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
I'm liking the four-legged Fire type idea. We haven't really had a four-legged Fire starter since the second generation and even then only one Pokemon from that line walked on all fours the entire time. Although not a starter, we did get Heatran during the fourth generation, which made use of four legs.

This starter looks like a combination of Grumpig/Spoink and Combusken. Could it be based on some sort of pig or boar?

I agree, but keep in mind this thread has survived on five pictures and the Zorua/Zoroark line.

But saying that GameFreak hasn't come up with anything new based on just silhouettes? It's just ignorant.

benare

my guess is good as anyones but the people on youtube trying to make there guess on what they'd be is so funny but some of the art work is sort of impressive on a level. but i am really confident about the last starter on the right. it really looks like a bird to me after studying it for a while. but other then that im stumped because they'd be cool either way but im sticking with my guess. hope they turn out cool....

TheUltimateTrainer

The lost trainer
Actually, having something consistent does not make it original. It makes it traditional.

But I agree that the types won't change. It's dumb to think that they will.
agree, and the same thing was going on before D/P was realeased in japan.

Cobalt_Latios

Guys, Just Because they Look SIMILAR to old starters, DOESNT mean they WILL BE like the old starters.

The Bird like one (on the left) has a tail sure, but it DOESNT mean its like charmander and is fire!

And the top one that has two things on its head isnt automatically grass cuz it looks like turtwig! Wouldn't that be just a little TOO redundant?

My Guess would be following that order that Pokemon has always gone in. the order GRASS FIRE WATER. So I feel that:

The Left one:
Is A grass type. The things on its tail look to "certain" to be leaves. If it was fire, don't you think the flames would be bent and UNTAMED?

The Right one:
Is a water type. Beaver tail, flipper appenages. Nuff said. It just doesnt fit anything else. Unless Pokemon pulls a fast one and makes this the grass type and the LEFT one water. (which I HIGHLY doubt)

The Top one:
Since everythng else seems kind of certain, I feel its a fire type. I mean just cuz it has two things on top of its head, does not automatically make it a grass type like turtwig! I mean come on! Back to back and SO SIMILAR? No i dont think so. It looks more like rabbit ears. With the tail of a grumpig. Hopefully it'll be the ONLY FIRE starter that's LAST evo stands on all fours.

Anyways Its just my opinion.
Pretty much what I was thinking. And I just found out about all this about 10 minutes ago.

I'll have to agree. It's a lot more efficient to follow a preexisting pattern than to go off on a tangent and make things up.
True, but it seems not everyone is fine and dandy with it.

I'm liking the four-legged Fire type idea. We haven't really had a four-legged Fire starter since the second generation and even then only one Pokemon from that line walked on all fours the entire time. Although not a starter, we did get Heatran during the fourth generation, which made use of four legs.
He's not the only one: Torkoal, Numel and Camerupt say hi. Also, Vulpix, Ninetails, Growlithe, Arcanine, and Flareon.

Wow, almost all fire types.

But saying that GameFreak hasn't come up with anything new based on just silhouettes? It's just ignorant.
IMO, the ignorance is when people actually want GameFreak to get rid of the 8-bit Pokemon cries and replace them with more "animal" like sounds. That's what I've been hearing a lot of lately.

C_L

hoohlover

Beginning Trainer
These silhoutte is very strange no matter how I look, 100 times more puzzling than the Zoroark silhoutte. Wonder how many megaton of surprise would hit me when the leaks come out. We got on the left what look like a bipedal animal (bird? dino?) with a long tail ending in three leaves (hopefully leaf as in tree leaf). The middle one most prominent features are the two leaves on its head (crest? ears?) and the springy tail that end in an orb. The last one, I don't know what to make out of it without becoming crazy like those fanart persons.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I haved decided

Fire=Duck

Water=Beaver

Grass=Pig

If I'm wrong I'll sleep with Roseanne Barr!

wolfy

Left Silhouette: Grass. I was thinking a lizard, but I read someone said bird, which I can see. I also thought maybe some type of weasel thing. I know Grass starters have always been reptilian though...

Center/Top Silhouette: Fire. A Rabbit with a spring tail. Or a mutant pig. That's all I'm really getting from it...

Right Silhouette: Water. Some sort of amphibian thing in the vein of Mudkip or Wooper. That's what I'm seeing at least....

And just by the silhouettes, I'm getting the most personality from the one on the left, which means I may be getting another grass starter this generation. Oh, fire starters, what's happened!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.