• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssilva872

1273691723942.jpg

AHAHAHA! xD

Those look great! Good job if you drew that!

Lugion

I don't think that by Isshu being far away from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh mean that it won't be based on an area of Japan. If I recall, they said the same for Hoenn (or maybe it was Sinnoh). I think it means they just won't be adjacent to any particular region.

Chardan

When the shiny beasts are traded over, does it say anything about how the Zoroark is seen to get into a battle with. It could mean it appears with a overworld sprite as one of the beast or in its own form which could suggest overworld sprites will return, like the last generation and not just having overworld sprites for legendaries like in D/P/Pl.

Your Hero

Your Prefered Legend
The one of the left looks like a traffic cone. The other looks like one of those weird-*** freaks who dress as Pokemon.
It could be a traffic cone, but a single traffic cone seems a tad awkward :p. Who knows though, I'm just bringing things up :p. As for the freak, it's impossible to tell (at least for now)

Sponge

I'm curious as to why GameFreak made the choice to make the heroes older than the target age group....I'm not complaining, I do like it, but I wonder why they decided to age the heroes. Maybe because a ten year old kid wouldn't normally be roaming through caves and fighting crime...no offense to any ten year old kids who DO do that but you see my point?

I'm thinking it might be because they're trying to tackle the whole "pokemon is for babies" argument. I doubt we'll get anything like people getting killed or anything but it seems to me like they're trying to get older people and fans of the original games back on side. (The starters imo don't look as cutesy as previous starters)

Think about it, if they can make the game seem more friendly to older people while still retaining some charm for younger kids it's a win win situation. (Kinda like how the Simpsons can be watched by people of all ages)

If this is what they're trying.....they have a hell of a battle ahead of them. It's going to take alot to make pokemon seem cool to the "cool" older people.

flygonabsol99

If you look at the 4 screenshots (mainly the two on the top), you'll see red/orange sprites on the top right of each

Here :p
corocoro-pokemon-black-white-starte.jpg

If look closely at the one on the right ... It looks like it might be floating.As for the left hand side It looks like, umm, I don't know.

Itzal

I'm thinking it might be because they're trying to tackle the whole "pokemon is for babies" argument. I doubt we'll get anything like people getting killed or anything but it seems to me like they're trying to get older people and fans of the original games back on side. (The starters imo don't look as cutesy as previous starters)

Think about it, if they can make the game seem more friendly to older people while still retaining some charm for younger kids it's a win win situation. (Kinda like how the Simpsons can be watched by people of all ages)

If this is what they're trying.....they have a hell of a battle ahead of them. It's going to take alot to make pokemon seem cool to the "cool" older people.

haha the females outfit in this gen seems to be a step in the right direction then.

Magical Momo

People seem to be bothered by the new girl's shorts but I have to point out that none of the female characters have ever worn skirts or shorts that were very long. :/

Last edited:

GhostlyPhoenix

^ especially when it comes to Dawn, haha.

Anyways, really liking the last updates! Especially when it comes to the starters - they look kind of different in comparision to the ones in the previous generations (in a good way, of course), and although I'm not really fond of how the water one looks (an otter just doesn't suit well as a starter), I really like the look of the other two. I will probably stick with the pig fella, as something inside my head tells me his last evolved form will be something with similar standards to a badass hog-like creature. Otherwise, plant snake-ish thing all the way!

The trainers look pretty cool as well - they look pretty sporty and different, which is nice - and thank god they finally decided to stick with older protagonists. I was starting to get sick and tired of playing as a 10-year-old kid. ._.

Xanron

I'm on my way
The pig is my least favorite. It can't compare to the other fire starters. It better have a cool final evolution or it's going to mess up my combo of picking fire types since Gen. I

Inferno52387

Battle Tower Victim
I hope that the grass starter doesn't develop a secondary poison type. Too many Grass/Poison already. But since it is a snake that does seem likely. Who knows maybe he will be a constrictor.

Scum.

I honestly like the water starter, hoping it wont develop into something terrible though. as for the others, I like them both too.
Can't wait to see evo's

And people don't seem to realise, we only have the first evo's for what, 11 levels? not to bad if you don't like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.