• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos Rush

I think it'll be something like for Pokemon Crystal. Crystal came out (at least in the US) around the time when the Gameboy Advance(d?) came out. You were able to play the game on the GBA with a wider, rectangular screen, rather than on the Gameboy Color, which had a small square screen.

I'm guessing that it'll be like that for the 3DS. The 3DS will certainly be able to play BW, so it'll probably just provide for a better visual experience.
Also, Gold/Silver can be played on ANY Gameboy, even the really old ones, but it had enhanced features when playing on a Gameboy Color. Crystal could only be played on a Gameboy Color.

And because of that, I speculate that Black/White will have DSi/3DS enhancements, while the 3rd version will probably be DSi/3DS only. I'm not really sure if there's any DSi only games, though... are there?

Bupiggu

The pig that could
The animatons are just so cool! But I don't know if a I'll like having people talking to you if you get close to them. It might get anoying.

superdonut

GaGa Ooh Lala
I'm just glad this seems to be the end of people getting in your way when you're trying to walk 8)

chosen_one386

Angel of Chaos
And because of that, I speculate that Black/White will have DSi/3DS enhancements, while the 3rd version will probably be DSi/3DS only. I'm not really sure if there's any DSi only games, though... are there?

No, not right now there aren't. I doubt there will be in the future, too. if they haven't made any DSi exclusive games by now, they probably won't a few years down the road.

And I agree that the 3rd version will probably be exclusive to the 3DS. We're about due for a slight console change, aren't we?

IcyKerpymon

Lan challenges you!
Pokémon Black and White - fulfilling the dreams of spriters.

Pokefan Beat

Onward, ho!!!
I'm just glad this seems to be the end of people getting in your way when you're trying to walk 8)

It almost seems rude in the video; you're walking down the street like you own it and then everyone else is like, "Oh crap he's gonna mow us down!"

In the video, I noticed little bubbles popping up on the screen as certain people passed. Is it possible they were talking to you, along the lines of "Excuse me" or something? And can you stop them to talk to them, I wonder? That would be an interesting feature, especially if you talked to them and they were rude. Like, "Hey, I'm walking here!" Or "I'm busy. Bug off, kid." I hope GF does that.

Commander L. Halsti

Toxin Squad Cmdr.
Somebody says he thinks Pokabu has the most HP, and will be the durable starter, out of the 3. I wonder how did he come to this conclusion? It's interesting, but I want to know how could someone figure such a thing before even having a chance to look at the Pokemon's stats.

Last edited:

D!3g0

Pokémon Black and White - fulfilling the dreams of spriters.

I´m really excited about this game! I can´t wait to play it, and I hope I can transfer all my pokemon from Diamond to Black or White, I wanna see them moving or something like that :p

srullic

you can see the pokemon's HP on the battle vedio. pokabu has the most, then mijumaru, then tsutaaja.

Pokefan Beat

Onward, ho!!!
you can see the pokemon's HP on the battle vedio. pokabu has the most, then mijumaru, then tsutaaja.

That doesn't always gaurantee that it's the strongest, it just has the highest HP. And of course, with the proper training even a sweeper can be a higher defense powerhouse. It's all about how you play.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Concerning the idea of Pokabu being bulky because it has higher HP then the others, It's true that we don't know their stats yet. But so far, Nearly all the fire starters have always had the lowest HP compared to the Water and Grass starter. The only one that didn't was Torchic, Who was higher the Treecko but still lower then Mudkip. Aside from that, The starter with the most HP was considerably bulkier then the other two. So while unfounded, I said there's a good chance it's true if we take in how the past starters were set up.

Last edited:

Jigglypuff5000

Somebody says he thinks Pokabu has the most HP, and will be the durable starter, out of the 3. I wonder how did he come to this conclusion? It's interesting, but I want to know how could someone figure such a thing before even having a chance to look at the Pokemon's stats.

The person figured that because as the video showed, Pokabu [I read this as Porkachu :p] has the most HP of the starters at LV50, but of course, as you said, that means nothing to any tank status he may have.

Pokefan Beat

Onward, ho!!!
You'll also notice that no one called it the strongest, just the most durable.

Heh, sorry, my bad. In that case I should learn to keep my mouth shut, it's totally valid '-';;

Commander L. Halsti

Toxin Squad Cmdr.
If the Fire starter's final form ends up as the bulkiest of the three, it would finally mean an end to the stupid tradition that Fire starters are always the least defensively capable. Give the pork a secondary type like Poison or Ghost(though its looks don't incline to either, sadly), and there would be a status-inducing fortress at your disposal.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Pokabu is a pig...it's bound to have a high HP cuz it's fat,like Blissey^^

(((Kuwagata Kross)))

Wazzupwiththeserver?
I got really enthusiastic with that video... The funny thing is that I thought "The sprites could move like the Pokémon move in Pokémon Stadium/Coliseum, etc.." but then I thought it wouldn't happen because of memory issues, you know, if the DS cartridge can handle it all, but it seems like it can... The sprites look gorgeous, the image is awesome, and it seems like the difference between Black and White and Diamond and Pearl in terms of image and gameplay might be bigger than the difference between Diamond and Pearl and Ruby and Sapphire.

srullic

That doesn't always gaurantee that it's the strongest, it just has the highest HP. And of course, with the proper training even a sweeper can be a higher defense powerhouse. It's all about how you play.

I highly doubt that these starters are EV invested.
pokabu bieng bulky most likely means it will be a UU. with a stealth rock weakness, it has to have some kind of extraordinary trait that would make it usable, like zapdos' unique typing. and since it's a starter, it will most likely not have some special trait. overall i think those starters will be UU-

Akimoto-Kenta

F*ck Yeah! Seaking!
For some reason i don't care if the new GEN5 pokemon suck,. I mean it's good enough for me that they move now.

Status
Not open for further replies.