• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_N

As I'm sure everyone knows, it was GSC's day/night system that caused the internal battery problems. I recall that they weren't able to fix the problem in the GBA games, so they had left it out, which is why the system wasn't in any of the Gen 3 games. It was disappointing but kinda necessary!

It was more the internal clock then anything else. RSE sort of had one, but I wouldn't be surprised if that more ran on in-game time. Even then, there was the berry glitch because of it.

But thinking they'll drop day/night now after the past 5 games on the same system (with it's own clock) have had it is dumb and there's no reason to.

PKMN Trainer Manson

It was more the internal clock then anything else. RSE sort of had one, but I wouldn't be surprised if that more ran on in-game time. Even then, there was the berry glitch because of it.

But thinking they'll drop day/night now after the past 5 games on the same system (with it's own clock) have had it is dumb and there's no reason to.

Well, I meant that the day/night relied on it, which didn't work very well apparently. Either way, yeah, my point was it's really silly to think they won't include it after having a whole generation reintroduce it, and it's going to be on the same system. No more walking Pokemon is something that probably WILL be gone. I'm surprised Gamefreak had it in them to make so many overworld sprites for all the Pokemon as it is, having to redo them all plus 100 or so more Pokemon would be terrible. Then again, we got battle animations... who knows?

Super Saiyan 3 Goku

All the 4th gen games had clocks, so why wouldn't they take advantage of it in 5th gen?

Besides, it would suck if Day/Afternoon/Night went away.

ArceusBlitz

Hydreigon FTW!!!!!!!
The starters are pretty cool. Theyre not as bad as the Sinnoh starters, though. I heard that in battle the sprites dont just stand still when theyre battling. They move around when picking for a move or waiting for something so the battles go faster. I also like how the camera changes. Gives a whole new perspective.

Taehoon

I like how Tsutaja crosses his arms, taps his foot and nods for his special attack. These tiny details make everything so much better.

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
You could watch that six times, frame by frame and still see that the animations aren't different. They are the same and it would be pure coincidence that the attack coincided with the tail end of the animation.

mew2468

Mew & Rotom Trainer
The new battle system is fascinating - looks great even if that's just a beta. Also, that marketplace is HUGE.

Last edited:

GoldenOza

Bored to Infinity
Day-Night thing shouldnt be removed... it adds a different essence to the game, having to catch/evolve pokemon at certain times.

As for the animation, that is just awesome!!!! Think of how many differet framed sprtes will be available for spriting with!

What does everyone think of the new NPC system? It would be fun to have them running around more, but them talking on their own could get annoying.

Blazenuva

For some reason, I just can't see this as a Pokemon game. I mean, it seems too Urban for Pokemon. On the bright side though, if they choose to make Gen 3 remakes, they could make BW be really technologically developed, while Hoenn becomes more environment/countryish.

Blazenuva

For some reason, I just can't see this as a Pokemon game. I mean, it seems too Urban for Pokemon. On the bright side though, if they choose to make Gen 3 remakes, they could make BW be really technologically developed, while Hoenn becomes more environment/countryish.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
For some reason, I just can't see this as a Pokemon game. I mean, it seems too Urban for Pokemon.
To be fair, We only have one city to go one, So we can't really say it's too urban til we see the rest of the region. I mean, Goldenrod is pretty high tech compared to the rest of Johto.

Blazenuva

To be fair, We only have one city to go one, So we can't really say it's too urban til we see the rest of the region. I mean, Goldenrod is pretty high tech compared to the rest of Johto.

But like, notice how there is people going to work. Ice Cream vendors in the streets, we have cars and bridges, dumpster bins, etc... It just doesn't seem like pokemon.

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
Since when does Pokemon not include these sorts of images in the anime?

It's not as if the world of Pokemon is meant to be back in the dark ages....

I, for one, welcome the modernisation of the system (if it wasn't already modern enough)

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
But like, notice how there is people going to work. Ice Cream vendors in the streets, we have cars and bridges, dumpster bins, etc... It just doesn't seem like pokemon.
Well, It's not like people weren't working in the past generations. Considering they have working space rockets and supersonic trains, Cars and bridges aren't that out of the ordinary. We even had the occasional one before. Sinnoh has the underground and windmills that no other region got, Hoenn has it's spaceport yet lacks a lighthouse. Each region has their own unique variety of technology.

PKMN Trainer Manson

Well, It's not like people weren't working in the past generations. Considering they have working space rockets and supersonic trains, Cars and bridges aren't that out of the ordinary. We even had the occasional one before. Sinnoh has the underground and windmills that no other region got, Hoenn has it's spaceport yet lacks a lighthouse. Each region has their own unique variety of technology.

This post a thousand times. Isshuu is not proving to be any more technologically advanced than any other region at the moment. I don't even think we know any details about it beyond it being "very far away."

Status
Not open for further replies.