• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKMN Trainer Manson

Darkrai says hi.

It may be a difference in the storyline. A small difference would still be major for the games.

In all fairness, we already had "a small difference" in Ruby and Sapphire in the form of the opposing teams. But yeah, some storyline differences between the two are what I'm expecting as well.

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
Can we expect anything from pokemon sunday tonight?

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Actually, it isn't that unlikely that Pokemon Sunday will show them in-battle, maybe even their signature moves. No new pokemon, for certain, but it did show the starters in battle, and it has revealed silhouettes. Though I doubt we'll get another silhouette.

PKMN Trainer Manson

While I do think if they show anything it'll be that new town video and Reshiram and Zekrom, I think it's a little much to assume they'll show anything but their pictures and maybe there stats (and thus also revealing their typing).

Wigglytuff FTW!

Oh hi thar
Revealing their types would be great. I'm kinda bummed how they're both part dragon, they definitely could've been cooler type combos, but beggars can't be choosers :\

THIS! IS! SEREBII FORUMS!!! It's my 300th post jussoyaknow!

flygonabsol99

I kinda wish they just stick with the pokemon differences, as opposed to that and other differences. Now I'm gonna have to get both. And I really hope they get some other colors on Reshiram, he's pretty ,Umm, white. But zekrom is awesome!

LimeStar

I just noticed, the Daisuki Club email says:

What are the differences between Pocket Monsters Black and Pocket Monsters White?
Other than how to meet the legendary Pokémon Reshiram and Zekrom... Etc.

I find it odd they say "how to meet" rather than something else, and it kinda makes me think both legends will be in both versions. It's a bit of a stretch, but Gold and Silver did it, so why not?

ForteAnly

What are the differences between Pocket Monsters Black and Pocket Monsters White?

I find it odd they say "how to meet" rather than something else, and it kinda makes me think both legends will be in both versions. It's a bit of a stretch, but Gold and Silver did it, so why not?

I hope so. I loved how in Gold and Silver you can capture both legends.

PKMN Trainer Manson

Despite abandoning that feature with GS, having it return would be fantastic. However, I don't think they would have let something like that slip. I'm sure someone proofreads this information before sending, and I'm sure they wouldn't have let that go. Then again, don't know how "important" one might consider this...

(Well) Then

It's Lesson Time!
I'm Tired of hearing about a "Light" Type, I assume that these legendaries are either both pure Dragons or Dragon/Psychic & Dragon/Dark.

When I think of a "Light" Type, I kind of assume similar weaknesses that "Psychic" has (Bug, Dark, Ghost).

Now, A "Sound" type, I can make sense of that, (Weaknesses: Electric, Grass, Rock, Steel. Resistances: Sound, Bug, Ghost. Super Effects: Fighting, Psychic, Normal. Not Very Effects: Electric, Grass, Rock, Steel, Water). And I could think of current Pokemon that may have their "Normal" type changed to Sound or the Sound type being added to an already current type. The Pokemon I can think of that could have such a type is as follows:

Kricketot, Kricketune, Voltorb, Electrode, Swablu (Not Altaria), Chatot, Igglybuff, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Whismur, Loudred, Exploud, Spinda, Chingling, and Chimecho

But don't mind me and my fantasy ideas. Of course, if you like this idea (And I know some of you don't) you can change up my Weakness/Resistance/Strengths/No so effective chart to where it makes sense to you.

samhain88

Magikarp trainer
I love them!

I wanna to see the heavens and the underworld. Reshiram will be the guardian of the heavens and Zekrom the ruler of the underworld. I know it will never happen but we did get a ''god'' so who knows.

Last edited:

Gygax

I'm Tired of hearing about a "Light" Type, I assume that these legendaries are either both pure Dragons or Dragon/Psychic & Dragon/Dark.

When I think of a "Light" Type, I kind of assume similar weaknesses that "Psychic" has (Bug, Dark, Ghost).

Now, A "Sound" type, I can make sense of that, (Weaknesses: Electric, Grass, Rock, Steel. Resistances: Sound, Bug, Ghost. Super Effects: Fighting, Psychic, Normal. Not Very Effects: Electric, Grass, Rock, Steel, Water). And I could think of current Pokemon that may have their "Normal" type changed to Sound or the Sound type being added to an already current type. The Pokemon I can think of that could have such a type is as follows:

Kricketot, Kricketune, Voltorb, Electrode, Swablu (Not Altaria), Chatot, Igglybuff, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Whismur, Loudred, Exploud, Spinda, Chingling, and Chimecho

But don't mind me and my fantasy ideas. Of course, if you like this idea (And I know some of you don't) you can change up my Weakness/Resistance/Strengths/No so effective chart to where it makes sense to you.

Wouldn't Sound be super effective against water, rock and metal, Solids and liquids take more damage from sound than gases do, that's why sound can generate tidal and seismic waves. If anything i think that flying type would resist it.

iLoveDratinis

Dragons galore!
i think instead of a "light type" or something it would probably be an unknown type or like ??? type (along those lines).
i mean we already have curse with the move type ???

Last edited:

Satoshi_poketo monsta

Home-Made Trainer.
i think instead of a "light type" or something it would probably be an unknown type or like ??? type (along those lines).
i mean we already have curse with the move type ???

No one will knows either Its Weakness or Resistance. That's not a good Idea. I mean I don't know if this ??? type will work out.

Jaffa

Moo..?
It may be a difference in the storyline. A small difference would still be major for the games.

You see, keeping this in mind... I think it may be more Physical differences within the game.

Sorry if this has already been spotted, and it might be just a change in the ongoing Beta design... But:

bwstainglasswindow.png

Notice the stained glass window. One White, One Black...

Like I said, maybe part of the evolution of the Beta, but something in it just seems... IDK...

I don't quite get how one would get a x4 advantage over the other, they will have different weaknesses and resistances, but for their STABs, their Dragons still equal each other out by being double effective.

If the two were to match against each other, their strongest move for both of them to use is their Dragon type move that works with their stronger attacking stat, not a move that doesn't get STAB (for example, a Ghost type move against Dragon/Psychic or a Fighting against Dragon/Dark), so they would both be equally matched, because neither has a x4 weakness with those type combinations.

Edit: Also, I realize that the Dark Legendary (if it would be dark) would have an advantage and could use a Dark type move, but this is still only double effective, and as such, they are still equally matched, because the dark one could use either it's Dark move or it's Dragon move, and the Psychic one could just use a Dragon move (We all know the Dark has an immunity to Psychic)
Ah, I apologize. I was half asleep when I wrote my original message.
Allow me to re-explain;
The Dragon/Dark typed one would have twice as many moves it could possibly use against the Dragon/Psychic type. The Dragon/Psychic type would be completly unable to hit it with it's Psychic moves, giving the former an unfair advantage moves wise, assuming that the only moves both of them would be able to learn are of it's typing(which they wont be but..)
Nevermind- I'm bad at making my point >_<;

hitoshura0

You see, keeping this in mind... I think it may be more Physical differences within the game.

Sorry if this has already been spotted, and it might be just a change in the ongoing Beta design... But:

bwstainglasswindow.png

Notice the stained glass window. One White, One Black...

Like I said, maybe part of the evolution of the Beta, but something in it just seems... IDK...

You may be on to something. Maybe the evil teams are "religiously" based, with one having White *coughMessianscough* as their symbol, and one having Black *coughGaianscough* for theirs. Then again, I may be pulling this out of nowhere, and using the stained glass as too heavy a reference to the Catholic Church. That or too much SMT on the brain.

ceustace3

if you want to catch both legends in the same game, wait for the third version

ceustace3

Wouldn't Sound be super effective against water, rock and metal, Solids and liquids take more damage from sound than gases do, that's why sound can generate tidal and seismic waves. If anything i think that flying type would resist it.

if they make a sound type, it will be weak against electric. think about thunder and lightning. but i think making a sound type would be silly. i would like a plasma or light type, though

Status
Not open for further replies.