• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josiah

is your favorite
So... it seems you guys think that the region might be based off of your generic industrialized cities. Which, sort of bugs me, given that the currently revealed pokes are mainly based on animals found in Africa... so to speak.

C_L
Orangutans aren't from Africa (and Hihidaruma doesn't really look like one) and neither are Tapirs (and Minnu doesn't really look like one.)

Plus, when has the design origin of Pokemon ever changed a games location? Kangaskhan is a Kangaroo and Kanto is based on Japan.

V Faction

www.faction.com
So... it seems you guys think that the region might be based off of your generic industrialized cities. Which, sort of bugs me, given that the currently revealed pokes are mainly based on animals found in Africa... so to speak.

Anyhow, the pokedexes are very strange this gen. They remind me of a cross between a phone and the ipod classic. Not that it's a problem, I just find it strange is all.

Also, aside from Ivy, this is our first game with a female professor. On that note, I'll be intrigued to know what her English name is; so far, all the professors have been named after trees (Oak, Elm, Birch, Rowan (yes, Rowan is a type of tree, I checked)). However, she may be named after a type of plant (which makes sense given that Ivy is not a tree... at least, not that I've heard of).

C_L

Araragi translates to "Yew", which is another tree, from what I've seen reported. So you can bank on her name being Professor Yew.

Hihidoruma is a yeti, btw.

PeteDHeat

Munna has the same typing as Drowzee and Hypno, has Forewarn like they do, and is classified as the Dream Eater Pokémon, so I'd say that it is likely a pre-evolution of Drowzee.

Good observation BUT Drowzee and Hypno are classified as Hypnosis Pokemon. They are similar, youre right but its loses the pinkish colors, the other two dont have floral patterns and the jem in its forehead is also gone. So i dont think it is plus it would be pretty useless.

Gear is a pretty cool Pokémon, honestly, am I the only one that likes it? He's cute, although I don't understand why Plus and Minus are his two abilities.

I like him :O

Maru90

POCKET MEN ANYONE?
I mentioned this on another forum, might post this here for the gyms. And also, it seems the starting town is missing from the map, or obscured. I really don't give to be honest. And yes I'm completely serious with this, and I can see HM's abolished, with items obtained from the gyms. Also I love the look of every stat screen, freaking beautiful.

I believe it's at the bottom right corner.

And; Don't be fooled by the massive, open central area of the map. There seems to be a ton of hidden villages/cities in the forest on the right and on the top left corner. Also, a good portion of the right side is covered by text (although you can see a snowy mountain).

Bionickai001

Hive Trainer
just outta curiosity what info makes you have that opinion?

He's probably right. The first map that came out for Sinnoh showed only the lower left part of Sinnoh, it hardly showed Eterna City. This is probably not all of Isshu, this might be a huge region.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
I believe it's at the bottom right corner.

And; Don't be fooled by the massive, open central area of the map. There seems to be a ton of hidden villages/cities in the forest on the right and on the top left corner. Also, a good portion of the right side is covered by text (although you can see a snowy mountain).
I'm not being fooled by it, and I know there must be some truth to what I'm saying. The areas were gyms can be put are slim, and the areas behind the text can be seen to an extent, and nothing seems to be there. Unless the gyms are out, there seems to be no logic for this region to look so barren, there must be some sort of battle based dungeon system to have reason to travel around. And ******** on the region being only partially seen. Its perfectly cut off on all 4 sides, and unless you travel between 2 parts, this is it.

Last edited:

Deoxytwo

Riddle in an Enigma
Here's my two cents on the revealed info:

Isshu: The map is interesting, and quite a bit of it is covered by clouds, so the full extent isn't shown. I wonder if those are event exclusive areas/Battle Frontier? I don't see what the problem is, there are plenty of areas for gyms. Also, is that the Pokemon League in the top left?

Professor Araragi: Inevitable really

Zorua being event: meh, that seems odd for a seemingly non-legendary to be an event.

Chiramii: Much better than Bidoof, I can see it evolving once or twice

Munna: lulz its a baby psychic elephant

Gear: My first impression was WTF, but now I see it as having great potential. I actually see it evolving twice and changing dramatically with its evolutions, kind of like Remoraid -> Octillery

Mamepato: lulz a pigeon, I can see it evolving once or twice

Hihidaruma: I laugh every time I see it. I can see it being a pokemon w/o an evolution

Shimama: Not much to say, I see it evolving once.

Meguroko: It may be a crocodile, but it isn't very intimidating. Atleast the type combo is unique at this point. I can see it evolving once.

EverChanger

エヴァーチェンジャー
In the one screen shot of the bottom screen move selection thing, what does the button circled in yellow do? Do we even know?

Grassmen

Novice Breeder
I'm not sure that map is the entire region either - if you look at the right hand side, you can see what appear to be whirlpools or waves. Though somewhat shrouded by cloud (it sort of looks like it could be cloud), on further inspection, there is a difference in how they are drawn.

GreenExploud

E4Babosow said:
Gear is a pretty cool Pokémon, honestly, am I the only one that likes it? He's cute, although I don't understand why Plus and Minus are his two abilities.

Nope, I like Gear too. Plus and Minus, those are the abilities of Plusle and Minun right?
I don't see what it's got to do with Gear.

I hope it's not the whole region. There's gotta be more. To the right perhaps.
And I'm seeing another mountain at the right side of the map. So that makes two mountain ranges.
The dessert is way bigger than in R/S/E.

Last edited:
Actually I'm kinda glad Reshiram isn't Ice/Dragon like I heard. Looks like Reshiram is Fire/Dragon like I originally thought a week ago since he has the whole "holy white purifying fire" look to it. Sacred Fire would be a great attack for it if it wasn't exclusive to Ho-oh.

Razmos

I have this sponge..
Nope, I like Gear too. Plus and Minus, those are the abilities of Plusle and Minun right?

Really, you don't? Gears require other gears to move. It's obviously meant to be a teamwork Pokemon like Minun and Plusle are.

Adz

Poke Knight
For all you guys worrying about the map and amount of towns/ gyms etc... This was one of the first sinnoh maps revealed and it shows about as much as this Isshu map shows us....

sinnoh.jpg

Last edited:

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
As a note, WHF will have a video(most likely the trailer) of the games. And I'm sorry but unless there's a part accessible only by boat, this seems to be it. No off the beat into the borders routes, no caves leading to nowhere, nothing.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
How many cities does there need to be to hold gyms? On the parts that we see, There's at least six different cities, Not mentioning the various single building scattered around. I think there's plenty of places they can place the gyms.

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
Hihidaruma ftw. For some reason he is awesome to me. In fact, I like all of them except Mamepato. I find the thing hideously ugly.

...Is Munna a prevolution of Drowzee?

Last edited:

natie

Mr. F
Plusle and Minun fit together, just like Gears fir together. At least that's how I see it.

GreenExploud

Razmos said:
Really, you don't? Gears require other gears to move. It's obviously meant to be a teamwork Pokemon like Minun and Plusle are.

Ok, I didn't think of it that way.
But, Gear is already two gears, so why should it need help?
And Plusle and Minun are always together in the anime. So I don't see Gear needing any other pokemon than itself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.