• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memo

About Munna...

I just had a wild idea. What if Munna is the base form of this region's pseudo-legendary (or one of them if we get another Hoenn)? I could totally see it happen, as I strongly believe Munna is a three-stage Pokémon, for being so small.

Last edited:

roy_vos

Pkmn researcher
About Munna...

I just had a wild idea. What if Munna is the base form of this region's pseudo-legendary (or one of them if we get another Hoenn)? I could totally see it happen, as I strongly believe Munna is a three-stage Pokémon, for being so small.

Diglet, wooper, Capertie, Weedle are also small pokemon. are they Pseudo-Legendary ??

i think Munna will be the same as Ralts.

Keruso

Here, Birdy birdy!!
I hope the images on Pokebeach are true that pokemon still get to follow you around, but why didn't it when they first showed gameplay of the games? Maybe you have a choice! That would be even better :D

maybe like now we can turn on and off Pokemon animations, we could be able to turn on and off Pokemon following you. dont think they had enough room for it in the options when SS and HG came out

Adz

Poke Knight
My conclusion is that gimmicks are evil

Its called smart marketing!! With black and white soon to be released heartgold/soulsilver (being the newest games) need something that will appeal to pokemon fans in the future! New pokemon fans who are sucked into pokemon with blac and white will instantly want to buy hgss just for the 'walk with pokemon feature! BUT if black and white had this feature sales of hgss wouldnt be as high! So you see thats why 3rd instalment games / remakes have extra features so new fans will be enticed by them!

Valkyrie X

Gahhh!!!! Why would they allow pokemon to follow you in HG & SS just so that they could take it away with 5th Gen. EVIL

Nah, hope isn't lost yet. One screenshot of the Zorua/Celebi event showed the respective Pokemon standing next to their trainers (as well as two other Pokemon whose identities I can't determine). It's unclear if this is an event-only situation, but either way, it's certainly possible that a following feature may be turned on or off.

Jumpman93

Rock on.
Gahhh!!!! Why would they allow pokemon to follow you in HG & SS just so that they could take it away with 5th Gen. EVIL

Hopefully they DO add it as an option and just wanted to have it off for the current pictured so as not to reveal more Pokemon than they wanted to.

This, however, is just wishful thinking.

Dialga1992

Yea i hope that pokemon can follow in Black and White but i wouldn't mind if it was an on and off feature....cauz its not every minute i wanted a pokmon behind me. But if it is the event only thing..then i hope at least they keep the pictures...where they dont follow you but can take pictures with you still...cauz i found that cool.
Also if the games have gyms...and i said if cauz of that stupid rumor...i would like them to be more challenging than previous games cauz i beat the crap out of them gym leaders. Another ghost type gym cause those are always interesting and they test you stratigies and stuff. Also more buildings in the cities should be able to go into just for the exploring side of things. The desert looks cool...brings back memories of the Hoenn region. But does anyone remember how cool the dive feature was in RSE?? thats a feature i would love to see make a comeback in the new games...but only time will tell i guess. :)

Hmm, thought I might put my two cents in.

Chiramii I really, really like Chriamii. It may not be the most fly Pokémon, but on the standards of the regional rat thing, I really like it, my favourite one so far.

Munna Wow. When I first saw it, I didn't think I was seeing right, but since, it's grown on me, I really like it now. It's so cute, and you know it's either gonna stay a cute stand-alone that will take a decent role in the animé or get a badass evolution, the clearly better of the two options. I'm hoping for a Dumbo-esque evolution :p

Gear I like this thing. I think it was really creative for them to get such a simple and typically ridiculous idea and make it work so well, I'm quite happy with it :)

Mamepato Again, like Chiramii, I really like it on the standards set by the other regional brids. It's really cute and I don't know, I just like it.

Hihidaruma This guy is... Interesting. I was really hoping that when we got a gorilla Pokémon it would be part Steal or part Dark type, or both would've been nice, a gorilla Pokémon has been on my wishlist for quite some time. But to be honest, after getting the Chimchar line, I'm not too pleased with it being a Fire type, not because I think it will be bad or looks bad, but because I think it will spend all it's time being compared to Infernape which is just disappointing :\ But I do really like him, I love what they've done with him and those eyebrows are awesome, plain awesome.

Shimama Oh my god, as soon as I saw this little cutie I fell in love with him. Again, a zebra Pokémon has been on my wishlist for quite some time and my only preferences were for it not to be a normal type and hello :D I love him, he's so cute and I really hope he gets a badass evolution, hopefully Electric-Dark, that would be great. Overall I love 100% this guy, and those eyes, wow, simple but so effective :)

Meguroko A crocodile. Wow. I really never expected one, at least not this generation. I'm quite pleased that he isn't Water-Dark or Water-Ground since they've been done and they took a new take, and similarly to how the made the landshark in the Gible line, making a predominately land-based crocodile, I like it. I think it's really creative and although he bares a resemblance to Hippopotas, he's very unique in that he is a crocodile and is part Dark type and only resembles him because of the palette, but it's not like the Hippopotas line was the first or will be the last Ground types with those colours and shades. Overall I like Meguroko :)

Dr Araragi I love her. They handled her really, really well, in my opinion. We were due for a female professor and, although some of you's were wanting a young attractive one, that wasn't going to happen since they need someone with experience. But they made her fairly young, around her early thirties, probably around the same age as Professor Birch, and she looks very calm and collected and one of those very kind ladies, I'm looking forward to seeing her personality, but I love how they portrayed how she looks and I don't think they could have made her look any younger or better without it being ridiculous :)

Probably more than just two cents, but oh well :)

GreenExploud

I liked pokemon following me around and I hope it'll return.
The idea that you can turn it on and off seems good to me.

And I really want the gyms to stay.
Maybe they'll say you can choose between gyms and contests or something like that.

Samayowa

you amaze me.
I for one am not the least bit worried about the size of the region.
I know they'll do us right, this is going to be a very different, interesting and unique region compared to all the others. So, no worries people, a little change is good!

I am liking the looks of the Pokemon thus far and cannot wait to see more, I can sense this will be a very diverse region as far as Pokemon and areas go, which excites me!

The only Pokemon I am not crazy about right now is Gear, but it may grow on me!
I am loving Dr. Araragi; I wonder if since her title is DR. if she'll do more than just Pokemon research, the rest have been PROFs. but for some reason she is DR. I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

C Cog interests me a bit, but not too much, I am more concerned with in-game activity.

I wonder though, what our event for the Celebi and Zorua will be in the States, time will tell!

PKMN Trainer Manson

I don't get all of the Gear hate. I personally think that it's rather cute in an odd way, and it's a lot better looking and a hundred times more unique than Bronzor. It brings back memories of the Magnemite line, but it's different in its own way.

I hope you all eat your words when it evolves into an OU tank. =D

I really hope "unique" wasn't the word you were looking for. Bronzor was a unique, interesting, and well thought out concept, being based on a bronze mirror, which they had serious creativity to make into a Pokemon. The only particularly noteworthy part of Gearlu is the emphasis on double battles, with the ability Plus or Minus. A pair of gears in and of itself is not an interesting idea, at least not in my opinion.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
The only particularly noteworthy part of Gearlu is the emphasis on double battles, with the ability Plus or Minus

...and they are the one of the few pure Steel-types along with Mawile and Registeel, which gives them resistance to 11 types.

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
I've just got back from being away to this news about the new Pokemon ect, and i have to say that i am impressed by the design of them.

I'm loving the electric Zebra loads and i can't wait to have one of my own.

panicsocharming

カンディー
/apparently/ according to the "source", stated on a forum at pokebeach, he will be posting the tauros evo within the hour.

just heads up, yo.

ps am i like the only person who likes the flowery sea pig? :(

GreenExploud

panicsocharming said:
/apparently/ according to the "source", stated on a forum at pokebeach, he will be posting the tauros evo within the hour.

Where did you get this? And where will he post it?
Within the hour? So that's before 8 pm here?(It's now 7.20 pm here)

panicsocharming

カンディー
as i said, a forum on pokebeach. he apparently has an account and is posting in the recent news thread. apparently he's gotten "permission" to post this. he posted that 25 minutes ago.

please keep in mind that i'm saying apparently with everything - im just repeating what i've seen.

so if this turns out to be a load of s, don't have a go at me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.