• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenExploud

Samayowa said:
I am loving Dr. Araragi; I wonder if since her title is DR. if she'll do more than just Pokemon research, the rest have been PROFs. but for some reason she is DR. I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

As an answer I got this:
PokéBeach said:
The professor of Isshu is female and named Professor Araragi, as you can see below.

PKMN Trainer Manson

...and they are the one of the few pure Steel-types along with Mawile and Registeel, which gives them resistance to 11 types.

That too! Albeit, pure-types are not "interesting" to me but they are unique on the whole. Regardless, my point is, I think a bronze mirror Pokemon was a more unique concept than a gear Pokemon, at least in my opinion.

Why are people comparing Bronzor and Gearlu anyway? They have nothing to do with each other than sharing a Steel-type...

ForeverFlame

/apparently/ according to the "source", stated on a forum at pokebeach, he will be posting the tauros evo within the hour.

just heads up, yo.

ps am i like the only person who likes the flowery sea pig? :(

I personally think this is a hoax by Pokebeach, but it'll be interesting to see what's posted.

And I love Munna! Psychic-types are my number 1 type, and the fact that it levitates your opponents in the air makes me excited.

AlexKZ

Ooooh! Shimama! Me want. Ah! I can't wait for the 5th gen to get underway.

GreenExploud

@panicsocharming
OK, I was a bit hasty, but I'll be back in 30 minutes to see if it's true.
Will you post a link for me here if it's true please?

access

that guy that leaked the black&white spoilers is on pokebeach forums and he say he has got permission to show the tauros evo named minotaurus he says that it will come in a hour

Dialga1992

I'm really the most excited of being able to randomly battle people over Wi-Fi. Why they didn't include that in Generation IV is beyond me, they really should have had it.

I agree with you yo....i dont know why either cauz the hastle to get friend codes and this and that was annoying even though i know it was for protection. so yea i cant wait to get back out battling people..i guess its going to be the same concept as Pokemon battle revolution's wifi battles?

Grei

not the color
You likely can.

Actually, right now, following Pokemon is unlikely. It's not unheard of for a Pokemon to get an overworld sprite for one event.

Though I'd love for Following Pokemon to return, it's not very likely, given what has been presented.

I'm really the most excited of being able to randomly battle people over Wi-Fi. Why they didn't include that in Generation IV is beyond me, they really should have had it.

Probably because they didn't know how successful Wi-Fi connections would be. For all they knew, it would have tons of glitches and would be undesirable. I mean, it does have glitches now, but they didn't necessarily know how well it would work at the 4th Gen's onset.

panicsocharming

カンディー
imaged supposedly posted. check the forum. id link, but im not aware of the rules on linking on this forum.

but um.. yeah. :/

GreenExploud

OK, it's posted, but I hope/guess/know it's a fake, because I think it's ugly.
Some guy named WilliamTroy posted another one, decide for yourself with one is more ugly.

GreenExploud

This is what Marijngamer(the one who posted it) says (but it might not be the real person at all):
Martijngamer said:
hmm
apparantly my source misunderstood the deal with the artwork.
the official work is still 'under wraps', this artwork was shown to give him an idea, since it comes very close to the actual design

My apologies for that.
I'll try and hunt down some original stuff at E3 next week.

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
I bet Munna is gonna evolve into some huge crazy monster with sharp teeth. ^_^

It's a Tapir, so I doubt that.

But, I do bet it will be some serious annoyer. Confuse Ray, Hypnosis, and a whole shi*-load of stuff that makes you scream your head off.

Porygandrew

That too! Albeit, pure-types are not "interesting" to me but they are unique on the whole. Regardless, my point is, I think a bronze mirror Pokemon was a more unique concept than a gear Pokemon, at least in my opinion.

Why are people comparing Bronzor and Gearlu anyway? They have nothing to do with each other than sharing a Steel-type...

the bronze mirror comes from a japanese myth about a mirror that cannot be destroyed by being melted (goes with its heat-proof ability).

Gear shares the same general... bevel-ness and rounded nose as bronzor. I see the similarities, but accept it as a separate pokemon (like Beautifly and Buterfree)

Unlimited

This Martijn guy is playing everyone. It's clear by his reaction that he's making this all up. Somebody doesn't "send" you an old, fake pokemon and say "it's close to the actual design" of a new one. Absolute nonsense.

Clear troll.

Question... and I don't know where else to ask this...

In HG/SS, when you catch all the Unown and examine the Ruins of Alph's laptop, it mentions a Professor named Professor Silktree.

In the Japanese version of HG/SS, does the Japanese name match the name of the new Professor?

PKMN Trainer Manson

Question... and I don't know where else to ask this...

In HG/SS, when you catch all the Unown and examine the Ruins of Alph's laptop, it mentions a Professor named Professor Silktree.

In the Japanese version of HG/SS, does the Japanese name match the name of the new Professor?

That's a really interesting find, and for second I almost thought it might be the case. But some research says Araragi is a type of yew tree. Silktree isn't another name for the specific type of yew she's named after. With a name like "silktree" it's likely they did a direct translation of whatever the Unown professor was named after, so they are not the same person in all likelihood.

To the poster at the top of the page's quote: The Pokemon Professors have the honorific "hakase" which is basically someone with a doctorate. But while it CAN be translated as "Doctor" it can also be translated as "Professor", which sounds much nicer in the context of Pokemon's professors.

Last edited:

Grei

not the color
This Martijn guy is playing everyone. It's clear by his reaction that he's making this all up. Somebody doesn't "send" you an old, fake pokemon and say "it's close to the actual design" of a new one. Absolute nonsense.

Clear troll.

At least, that poster was. The rumors posted on Pokebeach may still be true--it's possible the user who talked about showing a picture of Minotauros was simply some guy impersonating Martijn Muller.

PsyGrey

Often dozes off
Time for an injection of common sense.

Though I agree that Gear is such a disappointing Pokemon. Lame name

As far as you're concerned 'Gear' isn't the Pokemon's real name.

It's not a bad name, because it's in ENGLISH. To a Japanese audience, the word 'gear' is not related to gears. They probably call them something else over there.

That's the same reason 'Ghost' works as Haunter's Japanese name. It's a foreign word that is interesting trivia to non-English speakers.

ON THE SIZE OF THE REGION
As some clever sort posted yesterday, we've only seen the first concept art of the Isshu region. Remember how the first image of Sinnoh we saw was this?
Not very revealing is it?

And the rumour that there will be no badges is complete cack. I mean, seriously.
This is pokemon. Just because the map looks small, it doesn't mean a fundamental part of the pokemon formula is gonna be axed.
Any speculation of 'no gyms' is based on Chinese whispers and sensationalism. Ignore it until we get any hard evidence which suggests otherwise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.