• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waalchastazoor

Would Hihidaruma not faint if he used Explosion or Self-Destruct? Would the user fainting be considered a secondary effect? He does kind of look like a bomb.

GreenExploud

Waalchastazoor said:
Would Hihidaruma not faint if he used Explosion or Self-Destruct? Would the user fainting be considered a secondary effect? He does kind of look like a bomb.

Well, in the Serebii AttackDex, 'user faints' is stated as an secondary effect, so is 'may induce burn' (with flamethrower). So that's gonna happen if encourage really disables these secondary effects. With will be rockin'!

PS. Flare Blitz recoil is not stated as a secondary effect.

conflict7

Sinnoh League Victor
Well, in the Serebii AttackDex, 'user faints' is stated as an secondary effect, so is 'may induce burn' (with flamethrower). So that's gonna happen if encourage really disables these secondary effects. With will be rockin'!

PS. Flare Blitz recoil is not stated as a secondary effect.

The secondary effect for Flare Blitz is 'induce burn'. But if Hihidaruma learns Close Combat... beast. :)

GreenExploud

Since Overheat is a TM and Hihidaruma is a fire-type he can definitely learn it.
So that will be amazing, base power of 140, STAB and no Sp. ATK drop.
And the DEF and SP. DEF drop on Close Combat is not a secondary effect.
Check the AttackDex.

conflict7

Sinnoh League Victor
Since Overheat is a TM and Hihidaruma is a fire-type he can definitely learn it.
Check the AttackDex.

... How is it not? o_O That is confusing.

GreenExploud

conflict7 said:
... How is it not? o_O That is confusing.

I don't understand it either. The stat drop on (or by or at (anyone help me at this?!)) Overheat is a secondary effect, but the stat drop on Close Combat is not. Confusing.

Last edited:

KGB13

Man of Mystery
pikachu and Marill have things in common. Both are based on mice, They have the same eyes, and both have a zigzag tail. Also both of them obtained a pre evo from the next gen after theirs (Even though it has nothing to do with it) Marill is indeed a Pikaclone. Pikaclones have the same eyes and are based on rodents.

It can be said that both Marill and Pichu could be it. I mean really, both were equally popularized, and Hoenn has Minun and Plusle, so it's not like there can only be one.

I have to agree though and say I don't think Chirimii is it though.

No, it was definitely Marill.

And I do think Chimarii will be the unofficial "mascot."

The CHEEKS people, the CHEEKS! Marill has no patches on it's cheeks neither does Chimarii. Every Pika clone has Pikachu's eyes, typing, and something going on with it's cheeks. Marill and Chimarii are NOT Pika clones.

Who cares if all these things are secondary effects or not. No one is ACTUALLY gonna use that things. ITS SOOOOO UGLY. Its like Heatran with missing chromosomes.

Kingudora

My favourite
Check the AttackDex.
It's weird, because Superpower is almost the same (ATK and DEF instead) and that's a secondary effect :S

conflict7

Sinnoh League Victor
Flare Blitz causes recoil damage, not a stat drop.

I believe he meant Close Combat.

Who cares if all these things are secondary effects or not. No one is ACTUALLY gonna use that things. ITS SOOOOO UGLY. Its like Heatran with missing chromosomes.

Speak for yourself...? We don't need people like you in this thread.

natie

Mr. F
So, you use the Pokémon that look best? I'd love to see you try winning against someone that uses the ugliest Pokémon there are. You'll fail. So very hard.

Super Gullwing

Team Skull Mom
I'm not sure if this was mentioned yet, but I think having Pokemon follow you is making a comeback as well? It says on the Zorua Event page that you have to talk to the guy with Celebi outside it's Pokeball. So I'm guessing now that it has been confirmed? =D

I love Munna. And how it was supposed to be a Gen I Pokemon...<3

GreenExploud

Grei said:
... wait, what are you talking about? Serebii's Attackdex is right.

I was talking about Close Combat, because my reaction was from a post by Kingudora, who talked about one of my posts (in with I said 'Close Combat').

Okay, i have two questions, mostly referring to the pictures
1) does anyone else get the feeling you see the legendaries when you first start out? it shows the starters fighting them
2)in pretty sure the picture with a honeycomb is a gym. probably bug-type

BCVM22

1) does anyone else get the feeling you see the legendaries when you first start out? it shows the starters fighting them

No. These are publicity materials, fabricated for the sole purpose of showing off certain elements to the public. Take nothing you see in them as an indicator of what might be available at what point in the game's progression.

Status
Not open for further replies.