• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bardische

Elegance.
I can't believe people are so clueless...Just because Pokemon match in colors/types, DOESN'T mean they are related, it looks nothing like Nosepass!.

Also, people stop saying that the blue/yellow spider is an Ariados Evo, that's just stupid.

Come on people, get some sense!...

Hi, my name is Octillery. I used to be the most beautiful of cephalopods when evolution forced me to evolve from what appears to be a fish that shoots seeds, is the color NOT-RED and doesn't have a form of nozzle in front. Oh me oh my, why do I evolve from something that doesn't look like me O___O

Hope that got the point across.

Zero38

Self-made
I noticed something , Minor I think but ..
in Filb.de's Video , when They show a Laptop & a DS , It's a DSi , They showed DSlite in HGSS Trailers.
I think This "transfaring Your save file to the internet" is DSi Only... But I might be wrong

Sabonea_Masukippa

WHERE THE HECK IS THE BAG.

The Bag is not there because it is a wireless battle.

"Shooter" has been theorised by others to be like the Vs. Recorder.

Did it occur to anyone that the Pokemon from the video may have been chosen BECAUSE they look a little weird? Altogether new Pokemon make up about 5 seconds of a one minute teaser trailer - blink and you'll miss them. For a little kid watching Ohasuta who only got to see it once before going to school and talking with his/her friends about it? "Hey did you see that mole thing? What WAS that?" IMO the whole thing was designed to create "water-cooler" talk for little kids to get excited about and go to school.

Skirgedot

Hi, my name is Octillery. I used to be the most beautiful of cephalopods when evolution forced me to evolve from what appears to be a fish that shoots seeds, is the color NOT-RED and doesn't have a form of nozzle in front. Oh me oh my, why do I evolve from something that doesn't look like me O___O

If Octillery would be the only one. Claydol, Milotic, Gyarados, Glalie, Froslass, Bellossom, Sharpedo, Vibrava, Huntail, Gorebyss and whatnot. The list goes on. Comparing with those, that new thing looks exactly like Probopass.

Bardische

Elegance.
If Octillery would be the only one. Claydol, Milotic, Gyarados, Glalie, Froslass, Bellossom, Sharpedo, Vibrava, Huntail, Gorebyss and whatnot. The list goes on. Comparing with those, that new thing looks exactly like Probopass.

I just used Octillery because it's the most common one I can think of when I think about effed up evolution paths.

Okay, so the White High-Link effect is cool. It is the one where you go through the portal thing, right? These games are really shaping up to be better than the rest.

Where's the XD-like game for the Wii when you need it :3

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
The Bag is not there because it is a wireless battle.

"Shooter" has been theorised by others to be like the Vs. Recorder.

Did it occur to anyone that the Pokemon from the video may have been chosen BECAUSE they look a little weird? Altogether new Pokemon make up about 5 seconds of a one minute teaser trailer - blink and you'll miss them. For a little kid watching Ohasuta who only got to see it once before going to school and talking with his/her friends about it? "Hey did you see that mole thing? What WAS that?" IMO the whole thing was designed to create "water-cooler" talk for little kids to get excited about and go to school.
Its most likely why they did that, for the kids to get hyped and have something for the next two weeks to talk about. And wow with the triple battles, and the shooter theory does make sense. But god damn at how the bridge is and everything else. Still sad that routes still exist, I was hoping for open world. Very confused bout the internet stuff.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
It'll take some time to accomodate to the new pokes...

SBM

here's hoping normal wifi battles 'n' shizz lets you have WPA settings

Octillery and Remoraid are based on weapons, btw. And Magikarp to Gyarados have something to do with a legend which I can't remember atm.

Anyway, I'm content with the info we got, even if it's very little. Shooter caught my interest, at first I thought 'Omg you have to shoot things that act like items in this game at your Pokemon!?' But now that it's only for Wireless (And I'm assuming Wi-Fi and Infrared), I'm curious as to what it'll be. Camera? Replacement for the VS Recorder? A one-time use thing to remove things like incoming attacks or spikes? The latter sounds useful.

And this White-High-Link thing...I'm intrigued. I'm really curious as to where the area's located (Lots of clouds...One of the cloudy parts of the map?), but I'm also happy that we get to actually run around as whatever our avatar will be. I dunno, I just found it odd that you could never see yourself as your avatar in the past games over Wireless/Wifi. But eh.

Super Nerd 7997

Crazy Plant Guy
^Octillery and Remoraid are based off of marine creatures with suckers. Remoraid's a remora (being able to shoot jets of water is a trait borrowed from archerfish), while Octillery is an octopus.

Might I point out that if the past generations are any indication, we won't be seeing too many new (pre)evo's off of old lines? The even gens (II and IV) had quite a few, but the odd ones (really just III - Gen. I really couldn't :p) only had a handful.

I doubt the rock thing (who I really want to call Spire due to the guy in Metroid Prime Hunters by the same name - they're both rocks with crystals coming out) has any relation to Probopass. Probopass has a really clear design basis off of the Easter Island statues. Spire does not. There also seems to be a size issue, as Probopass might actually have to get smaller to evolve into it. For the same reason, I don't think the tarantula would evolve straight off of Ariados, since it looks to be just a little bigger than Spinarak. Split evos might make sense in both cases, but I think we might be dealing with new lines entirely.

Last edited:

Masteri Mori

Master of Death
here's hoping normal wifi battles 'n' shizz lets you have WPA settings

Although I personally would love that feature, the DS and DS Lite aren't compatible with WPA/WPA2 secured Wifi (thus rendering me unable to use Wifi), however the DSi and DSiXL are. Even if you do own a DSi, I believe that the games themselves are not currently compatible with WPA Wifi. Nintendo may allow WPA compatibility in future DS releases, which would include Black and White, but we do not know anything about this at the moment, except perhaps for the C-Gear function having something to do with it in B/W.

Bardische

Elegance.
Although I personally would love that feature, the DS and DS Lite aren't compatible with WPA/WPA2 secured Wifi (thus rendering me unable to use Wifi), however the DSi and DSiXL are. Even if you do own a DSi, I believe that the games themselves are not currently compatible with WPA Wifi. Nintendo may allow WPA compatibility in future DS releases, which would include Black and White, but we do not know anything about this at the moment, except perhaps for the C-Gear function having something to do with it in B/W.

It's for the Nintendo DS, so I'm faithful that it would still allow the usual Wi-Fi settings that isn't DSi exclusive.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
I love the one that looks like Chromastone from Ben 10. I think I'm going to get that one :p

Bardische

Elegance.
I love the one that looks like Chromastone from Ben 10. I think I'm going to get that one :p

I knew that thing looked unusually familiar! OMG I AM SO GOING TO NAME IT THAT. Wait, eleven characters. Oh geez...

Last edited:

Krake

Flabebe's Kids

Wait, what?

In addition to not being based off of an Easter Island head as stated, Rockman doesn't really look like he has a compass theme going on like the other two do. Yeah, he shares colors with them, but unrelated Pokemon share colors all the time.

Synn

Female Dragon Tamer
Anyone think the new pokes:

a) don't look like Pokemon very much
and
b) kinda look like Dragon Quest Monster Monsters?

(I do quiet like most of them (except green blob and munna >.>))

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Anyone think the new pokes:

a) don't look like Pokemon very much
and
b) kinda look like Dragon Quest Monster Monsters?

(I do quiet like most of them (except green blob and munna >.>))

There's not set criteria for what a Pokemon is supposed to look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.