• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky505

I will only be able to play it on my original DS because my Dialga/Palkia DSLite is about to break on one of the Top screen henge's that hold the top screen in place anyone know how to fix it?

Chillarmy eh? please tell me that this thing doesn't learn Attack Order.

PokeN3rd

Not Gem King Kilik

I'm hoping that if it doesn't get Vespiqueen's signature moves then it will get it's own. It just seems like they could be army commanders or have little army friends that could take part in attacks, but then again I doubt you can find them in every route or on the sea like you could Combee (it being in trees and all). But it would be cool if it got 'army' attacks.

chosen_one386

Angel of Chaos
I will only be able to play it on my original DS because my Dialga/Palkia DSLite is about to break on one of the Top screen henge's that hold the top screen in place anyone know how to fix it?

You'll probably have to send it somewhere to fix it.

Attack Order is not likely, but maybe some kind of variation of Beat Up?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Just saw some footage of Pokemon Black and White battles. I am impressed! I love the animation for when your character tosses a Pokeball at the beginning of the battle. The Pokemon actually move around constantly as opposed to just a few movements as I had orginally thought. I think the attacks looked the same as in Gen 4 though, not much improvement there. The music sounds similar to that of Gen 3 though, kind of odd. I didn't like how the music changes when you're losing though; it's almost like Yugioh games where the music changes suddenly when you're having trouble. I usually like the music to stay the same since I enjoy listening to it as I battle. I loved the Grass Starter's cry, it sounded advanced. Anyway, the games look amazing, regardless of the minor drawbacks.

Kuraikarasu

Isn't that Dandy?
Chillarmy will probably have an attack like "Rodent infestation" It has a 50% of giving your pokemon the black plague.

lmfao XD meet my sig

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Chillarmy's name could be derived from "barmy", meaning foamy. It could be a reference to it's fluffy/foamy/bouncy appearance. Just a thought, I have no idea how they come up with the names for most Pokemon sometimes lol. I guess the whole "army" meaning "pack" theory is a tad bit better. I like how quickly we obtained an official Romanized name. I would've thought it would take a while before we knew the name. I guess I've been expecting all the official Romanized names to be revealed in September when the games come out lol :p

R_N

Charmy and Alarmy aren't words hohoho

No, but Charm & Alarm are, and "y" can generally be added to the end to give it some
well, charm.
Make it "cute"

Like when some calls the Joker, "Jokey" or when somesome calls Ash "Ashy [boy]"

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
No, but Charm & Alarm are, and "y" can generally be added to the end to give it some
well, charm.
Make it "cute"

Like when some calls the Joker, "Jokey" or when somesome calls Ash "Ashy [boy]"

Well, true. It makes more sense, that's for sure, but has any pokemon's name been derived form a non-existent word?

R_N

Well, true. It makes more sense, that's for sure, but has any pokemon's name been derived form a non-existent word?

Bidoof somehow got an i in it dispite neither beaver or doofus having an i.
Shroomish just added "ish" to the end.

It doesn't matter that "Charmy" doesn't exist as a word when "Charm" does. It's no different then Shroomish being Shroom+ish.

I'm sure there's lots more example but I don't feel like looking through a thousand different name puns.

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
WHAT!? Then how can I play BW with DSi!!?? Anyway!? Oh gosh...It IS totally...*sigh*...Annoying...

None of the DS Handhelds have been Region Locked before, so this comes as a shock.

I find it kind of stupid because I have a DSi :/

Im still betting on that it will just keep the features disabled and treat the game like a normal DS game... which DSi's are designed to play from any region. Anywyas, Im sure Serebii will let everyone know ASAP if its truly locked out of English DSi's, and if he doesnt- then I will.

BM14murph

Master Collector
Ah damn it i usually enjoy getting the American version of the game for wi-fi events but the european ones get just as much now via wi-fi so i'll just wait for the Uk release i suppose :(

Koh

Tamer
Arguments bust out in here often, but the technically correct side would be STUD, because you DO indeed need evidence before saying something is a fact. You can't tell scientists, for example, "The bed will blow up when pressurized!" without a video, pics, data records, etc.

The More You Know!

Da Da Da Da Da.......

....so drifting back on topic, YEAH, only like 8 more months for us Americans!...*sigh*...and watch Gray or whatever the 3rd title is get announced a few weeks afterwards.

Saph

Rapscallion
Ah damn it i usually enjoy getting the American version of the game for wi-fi events but the european ones get just as much now via wi-fi so i'll just wait for the Uk release i suppose :(
I think even if it is region protected you can still play American games on European DSi's, and vice-versa. I could be wrong though.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
I really don't know why people are so up in arms over this. Just wait until the game comes out in your country; That way, you can be certain that it works on your DS (although from what people have been saying, it'll work on the DS/DS Lite).

leighk51

Awesome Trainer
guys stop the arguing its stupid and childish
so far its likely that it will be region locked as stated by other people
i cant PROVE it because its not confirmed but its likely
so STUD get over it,if its locked its locked,if its not yaaaay
this is like asking people to prove what type victini will be
its not confirmed so if you want this argument this badly do it on the SPECULATION thread as its NOT confirmed

yaminokame

やみのかめ
Hmm... according to Masuda, the Liberty Ticket would be a boat ticket which is used to trigger a special event where you meet Victini... I wonder if that could give us a hint as to how early/where this boat could take off from :/ ... my best guess is Hiun City though :p

Status
Not open for further replies.