• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

gliscor&yanmega

I can understand Dark, because Swans can actually be pretty nasty personality-wise, and they pack a punch with their wings too. It'll still probably be Water/Flying, though.

Well that does make sense(The Psychic I still don't know about). We will probably get it's type near the end of the week and can finally lay this all to rest. Assuming the Swan will be shown.

On an unrelated note this picture came up in the Speculation thread:
Here's something interesting:

40569145627952129705100.jpg

Now, there's a flag. And they are all roll-called. And they announce their plan in front of people. probably.

Looks like we have the leader or a commander.

Last edited:

MikeHill005

Resistance Member
has anyone even noticed that N is standing at the opposite end of the line from the player in the shot with the team plasma leader?

aka front row, top

EDIT: dude with green hair and brown hat. I KNOW its not brown in the close-up shots but it is on his sprite if you look at other pics.

gliscor&yanmega

has anyone even noticed that N is standing at the opposite end of the line from the player in the shot with the team plasma leader?

aka front row, top

If you're talking about who I think you're talking about I don't think that's N. Whoever he is has green hair and a hat but I think N's hat looks different.

If it is then that would be even more interesting.

CJVal

Realistically, the swan must have a flying type...and the other is logically water, normal, or the less likely, ice. If it was another type...that would be a little strange, I think.

That Caterpillar pokemon will probably interesting as it evolves. I'm hoping for a new insect, like an interesting butterfly type (Fire/Bug, Grass/Bug, Bug/Psychic) or a Mosquito or millipede.

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
What's wrong with the Zorua/Zoroark event Pokemon in Black and White? I mean, yeah it's a little bit out of the way just to get 2 Pokemon but even if you didn't get Celebi or the Beasts from the event, you can always trade for them. On this suject matter, has it been confirmed whether Zorua/Zoroark are only available through this ingame event? Or are the ones in this event just exclusive sets with special moves or something?

Also, has it been confirmed whether Pokemon walk with you as they do in HG/SS? The image on the Zorua event page suggests that they can but I don't know what to make of it since one image isn't enough.

Woo walking pokemon yay ^^

Zorua/Zoroark have put me off with the 3 beasts/Celebii needed to be got via the movie ticket. They havent been confirmed yet for the English but i wont be wanting to spend money to get them via a film. They are only available via event by the film.

If they was availble by Wi-Fi event then i wouldnt care.

If you can trade them over then i'll re-consider but it seems like it's going to be the most expensive pokemon of all so people will want shinies/IV'd/EV'd pokemon which i dont have any of them.

If it's possible then yeah but i'll be ok they arent my favourite though at the moment considering there event pokemon

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
Realistically, the swan must have a flying type...and the other is logically water, normal, or the less likely, ice. If it was another type...that would be a little strange, I think.

That Caterpillar pokemon will probably interesting as it evolves. I'm hoping for a new insect, like an interesting butterfly type (Fire/Bug, Grass/Bug, Bug/Psychic) or a Mosquito or millipede.

I'm thinking Flying/Water is most likely. Flying/Ice wouldn't be so bad, but of course, people will probably downplay it because "of the 4x Weakness to Stealth Rock!" Not that I much care. Delibird sucks, and Articuno is a legendary (and as thus, limited to how easily obtainable it is). A halfway decent Flying/Ice that can be reproduced as often as desired WITHOUT cloning, would be appreciated.

A Flying/Normal seems unlikely, considering we already know that Mamepato and Wooguru are already confirmed to have that typing. It seems foolish to have a third Pokemon with the typing, especially when this one has more potential than the other two.

Zorua/Zoroark have put me off with the 3 beasts/Celebii needed to be got via the movie ticket. They havent been confirmed yet for the English but i wont be wanting to spend money to get them via a film. They are only available via event by the film.

If you can trade them over then i'll re-consider but it seems like it's going to be the most expensive pokemon of all so people will want shinies/IV'd/EV'd pokemon which i dont have any of them.

If it's possible then yeah but i'll be ok they arent my favourite though at the moment considering there event pokemon
All countries outside of Japan will likely have to go to Gamestop or a similar store in order to get Celebi and the dogs. Japan is the only place where a Pokemon movie would sell well in theaters, so that is why they have many of their events at movies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Well like Carlisle said, you won't have to pay to see a movie just to get the Celebi and the Beasts lol. The movies don't premier on the "big screen" outside of Japan. Most likely, a gaming store will provide them, or they might even be downloadable on Wi-Fi. I get that it can be a bother to go out to a game shop or to Toys R Us to get them via the standard wireless download but I think the reward is great, especially if Zorua and Zoroark are event exclusive Pokemon. I'm sure you could find people who'd trade the Celebi and Beasts anyway, not everyone asks for arms and legs during trading :p

Oh and the same goes for Victini's event outside of Japan. When it arrives I'll assume it will be via Wi-Fi download and standard store download since not many people have access to Wi-Fi yet.

Last edited:
Well like Carlisle said, you won't have to pay to see a movie just to get the Celebi and the Beasts lol. The movies don't premier on the "big screen" outside of Japan. Most likely, a gaming store will provide them, or they might even be downloadable on Wi-Fi. I get that it can be a bother to go out to a game shop or to Toys R Us to get them via the standard wireless download but I think the reward is great, especially if Zorua and Zoroark are event exclusive Pokemon. I'm sure you could find people who'd trade the Celebi and Beasts anyway, not everyone asks for arms and legs during trading :p

Oh and the same goes for Victini's event outside of Japan. When it arrives I'll assume it will be via Wi-Fi download and standard store download since not many people have access to Wi-Fi yet.
Uh, what the heck are you talking about? I'd say it's a safe bet that the majority of people who play these games can find access to Wi-Fi. Which would explain why we had Wi-Fi events for DPPt, such as Darkrai and Shaymin......

ijea4444

o.0 Doesn't like 80% of the population have wi-fi? Its the 21st century, and even if they don't have access to the internet in their house, friends, mcdonalds/burgerking/other fastfood resturants, coffee shops, libraries, universities, companies, and other places i'm sure I'm forgetting offer free internet of some sort. I've been on the GTS before in mcdonalds after 20 seconds of configuration, so don't give me the "its to complicated" card.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Uh, what the heck are you talking about? I'd say it's a safe bet that the majority of people who play these games can find access to Wi-Fi. Which would explain why we had Wi-Fi events for DPPt, such as Darkrai and Shaymin......

Not so. I know a lot of people including myself who haven't had access to Wi-Fi. In fact, everytime there's an event via Wi-Fi, the threads dedicated to the event itself are swamped with people complaining about not being able to download it so I know it gets messy. I know what I'm talking about because I've witnessed it all myself, almost every time an event is announced. There have been events that are given out in stores and via Wi-Fi, like the Draco Meteor Jirachi which was given out at Gamestop and via Wi-Fi in the US. It can happen with the Victini Liberty Ticket event and any others. Unless you have a graph or some sort of actual statistics as to how many people have Wi-Fi and how many don't, I wouldn't assume much :|

Last edited:
Not so. I know a lot of people including myself who haven't had access to Wi-Fi. In fact, everytime there's an event via Wi-Fi, the threads dedicated to the event itself are swamped with people complaining about not being able to download it so I know it gets messy. I know what I'm talking about because I've witnessed it all myself, almost every time an event is announced. There have been events that are given out in stores and via Wi-Fi, like the Draco Meteor Jirachi which was given out at Gamestop and via Wi-Fi in the US. It can happen with the Victini Liberty Ticket event and any others. Unless you have a graph or some sort of actual statistics as to how many people have Wi-Fi and how many don't, I wouldn't assume much :|
Do you live in America? Because there's a McDonald's like, every ten feet in America lol. Not to mention, sometimes you can just go in a general downtown area and pick up Wi-Fi. Yes, I realize people complain. People complain about everything. But when something is so readily available I fail to see how "so many" can't go to a McDonald's or anything else that is so simple.

I agree that the swan looks like a water/flying type. But it looks like it is an evolution. As to say, it looks like there may be a pre evo for the swan, probably something small, fluffy, gray and cute. (or they could base it's preevo on the ugly duckling, ha!:)

Love it.

And yeah. For a US citizen, free WiFi is pretty easy to come by.

BCVM22

Not so. I know a lot of people including myself who haven't had access to Wi-Fi.

And despite you not realizing it/preferring to ignore it, you and those whom you claim to know are in the minority. Not only is Wi-Fi tremendously prevalent in this day and age, but getting it in your home is about as hard as spending $50 on a good wireless router and setting it up. Now, if that manner of expenditure isn't feasible for you for whatever reason, fine, but that doesn't mean the technology isn't readily available.

In fact, everytime there's an event via Wi-Fi, the threads dedicated to the event itself are swamped with people complaining about not being able to download it so I know it gets messy.

And in such an occasion, which dogs are going to bark the loudest? The ones who are having problems, or the ones who were able to download the event completely without issue?

For every person who claims to be having a problem, at least half of which I'd wager could be self-diagnosed and fixed with a few drops of common sense and/or changing the router settings, there are at least two who have no issues and don't feel the need to post to announce as much.

Unless you have a graph or some sort of actual statistics as to how many people have Wi-Fi and how many don't, I wouldn't assume much :|

This isn't an argument. You can go to any number of resources and find any manner of statistics stating how many individuals say they have access to Wi-Fi in North America, and even if you choose to ignore those facts, that Nintendo of America continues to use Wi-Fi as a distribution method when they aren't trying to push merchandise alongside an event Pokémon tells you every bit of what you need to know.

Events that were movie-related in Japan will almost certainly continue to be in-store in America. Other than that, all bets are off as to what will eventually be Wi-Fi bound.

Last edited:

Jaggy101

I'm Jaggy and proud
I have Wi-Fi in my home but i still get some trouble at getting events from the game, i dont get why cos my Wii works with the wi-fi part.

nikohesus

Banned
No, it isn't easy to get wi-fi.

I don't have wi-fi, my mall has no wi-fi, my nearby mcdonalds has no wi-fi, and I'm not a teen who goes outside everyday, so I'm pretty much screwed.

I don't have wi-fi, my mall has no wi-fi, my nearby mcdonalds has no wi-fi, and I'm not a teen who goes outside everyday, so I'm pretty much screwed.
Did you read anything that BCVM22 wrote? I'm sorry you don't have access, but just because you don't doesn't make it difficult for the vast majority of people to obtain it.

BCVM22

Inaccurate. Again, if you have a broadband Internet connection, it's about as hard as buying a good wireless router, an item easily purchased at any number of retailers or ordered online if you're going to claim you have no such retailers within reasonable travel distance.

Now, if none of those are really options for you, that's very sad and all, but to put it as bluntly as possible, too bad. Their goal is to make the events available to as many people as possible, which is exactly what they do. This is not tantamount to making them available to "everyone", which, frankly, would be impossible. If you happen to be in one of the cracks between event coverage, that's unfortunate, but it doesn't mean anything needs to change.

Last edited:

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
To all the people that don't have Wi-Fi readily available:

Before I got my wireless router, Nintendo used to (and most likely still does) sell a $10-20 USB based add-on to your computer. You plug that USB into your computer and it takes the internet going to that cimputer and puts out a Wi-Fi signal that you can use for these types of things.

Nintendo hasn't ever left any of you in the dark. Between technology, inexpensive add-ons, and public places offering Wi-Fi... well, Wi-Fi is everywhere.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.