• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

HokkaidoMaster

I want them to be real and it looks pretty authentic. Denchura looks totally awesome, and I like the ghost pokemon too. I even like the Chimecho evo. And Desukan looks cool too... Mamanbou seems a little wierd to me, but whatever.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Didn't they show a battle vid with and stuff in Japan with them pokemon in them? That's like saying Victini's not coming out -_-'' (talking 2 The 4th Kira here, and others)

They showed a video with some of those Pokemon on there, but not all of them appeared in videos and that page you found is NOT their official artwork. The skull Pokemon and the bell Pokemon were never shown so that's a hint that it's fake. Also, according to some members, the poster uses incorrect spelling and grammar meaning it was made by some fan and not Ken Sugimori or someone important. Yeah most of those Pokemon are real but that is not their official, real artwork, just fan made stuff.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
They showed a video with some of those Pokemon on there, but not all of them appeared in videos and that page you found is NOT their official artwork. The skull Pokemon and the bell Pokemon were never shown so that's a hint that it's fake. Also, according to some members, the poster uses incorrect spelling and grammar meaning it was made by some fan and not Ken Sugimori or someone important. Yeah most of those Pokemon are real but that is not their official, real artwork, just fan made stuff.

How was that a hint that it's fake? We'll probably at least get a few new Pokemon in the Mastery Document.

Sabonea_Masukippa

How was that a hint that it's fake? We'll probably at least get a few new Pokemon in the Mastery Document.

Well, that's not really a hint, to be sure but:

Mis-matched Deathkarn to other official video, rubbish Japanese and the creators coming out and saying it's fake all count as hints, I think. :p

TeamRocketAgent

I love what the company is doing with the camera.

It's kinda funny how just moving the screen around in space can make a world of difference in appearance.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Complete burn sounds like a move that can burn your whole team. Hopefully. Also anyone else wish the rumors bout seasons lasting a week's cycle true? Cause I really wish its just something for the game to have a little spice, to feel a little new each day, even if its going to get oblivious by month 2.

Sabonea_Masukippa

Complete burn sounds like a move that can burn your whole team. Hopefully.

The Japanese word used is ”焼き尽くす” which means to burn something until there's nothing left; literally burn something to ashes. It's actually a rather violent image.
Anyway, when I translated it, there wasn't really a great, simple way of expressing it in English and "Complete Burn" seemed to fit well enough.

Anyway, just thought I should explain so everyone's ideas don't stray too far away from the literal meaning, hopefully.

Lorde

The Japanese word used is ”焼き尽くす” which means to burn something until there's nothing left; literally burn something to ashes. It's actually a rather violent image.
Anyway, when I translated it, there wasn't really a great, simple way of expressing it in English and "Complete Burn" seemed to fit well enough.

Anyway, just thought I should explain so everyone's ideas don't stray too far away from the literal meaning, hopefully.

Honestly, seeing Victini burn something to ashes sounds kind of scary. It seems a lot crueler than I thought at first, well I still think it looks creepy. I guess you mustn't judge a book by it's over, or a Pokemon by it's cuteness. I still have the whole vampire idea in my head. Anyway, in the games and anime though, if they show Complete Burn I highly doubt the Pokemon will actually "burn to ashes", that's just a horrible image and a horrible lesson for the kids lol.

Blazenuva

Another possible theory is that Complete Burn simple inflicts a burn condition that cannot be cured until the pokemon faints?

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!

Still, if its going to burn something till there is nothing left, it might as well burn your team to the ground.

Josiah

is your favorite

Wouldn't 'Incineration' work just as well?

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Well, that's not really a hint, to be sure but:

Mis-matched Deathkarn to other official video, rubbish Japanese and the creators coming out and saying it's fake all count as hints, I think. :p

I'd just thought I'd ask, since (s)he seemed to imply that the addition of new Pokemon in the scan indicated it being fake.

Complete burn sounds like a move that can burn your whole team. Hopefully. Also anyone else wish the rumors bout seasons lasting a week's cycle true? Cause I really wish its just something for the game to have a little spice, to feel a little new each day, even if its going to get oblivious by month 2.
How would it burn Pokemon in their Pokeballs?

The seasons will probably not last that long.

Another possible theory is that Complete Burn simple inflicts a burn condition that cannot be cured until the pokemon faints?

Probably not. It sounds like a one-hit KO move.

Glue

Snorunt = cool ^o^
I bet the seasons in the game will go by the date set on your DS like in Animal Crossing, All of those games go by the date and certain events are in different seasons.

Though I am not saying there will be certain events in the pokemon games depending on the season, though it would be cool.

Lorde

I don't know if it's been posted yet, but here it is:

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/08/04/black_white_new_pokemon/

If this is for real, and the writers really do want to give the games a RBGY feel, I wouldn't be surprised if that old rumor of there being 157 new pokemon is for real. Wonder if that also confirms the Tauros evolution or it was just an extremely lucky guess on the creators part...

It's real. Only new Pokemon will appear until some sort of prerequisite is completed at some unknown point in time in Black and White, probably after beating the Elite Four. I don't think many old Pokemon will appear even at that point, I think we'll have to use the PokeShifter to transfer a large majority of older Pokemon.

thunderblade12

Good. So no more Geodudes, Machops, Wingulls, Tentacools, Magikarps, and Zubats.

Actually, I wonder if that confirms that there will be no evolutions or pre-evolutions of older pokemon. If they're connected to newer pokemon, I wonder if they'd count. That heart-fish definitely looks like a Luvdisc evolution...

Maybe, like DP, the evolutions wouldn't be obtainable until after the game is completed as well.

gliscor&yanmega

Good. So no more Geodudes, Machops, Wingulls, Tentacools, Magikarps, and Zubats.

Actually, I wonder if that confirms that there will be no evolutions or pre-evolutions of older pokemon. If they're connected to newer pokemon, I wonder if they'd count. That heart-fish definitely looks like a Luvdisc evolution...

Maybe, like DP, the evolutions wouldn't be obtainable until after the game is completed as well.

Yah no more of those Pokemon, just complete new ones that everyone will complain and get tired of right away. I wouldn't mind keeping some old ones(Mainly the ones that have been in all 4 Pokedex).

It doesn't confirm no cross gen evolutions. Like you said, it could be like D/P. Or some other possibility. I'm sure we will get some at less.

Status
Not open for further replies.