• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderblade12

It also means all the gym leaders will use only Isshu pokemon.

Luvdisc's evolution, what? Strange :/

http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Mamanboo

That. It hasn't been confirmed to be an evolution yet, but it looks just a little too similar not to be.

I'm guessing one of these options is correct:

1. there will be roughly 140 entirely new pokemon that will be obtainable prior to the Elite 4 challenge. The Generation 1-4 pokemon and about 15 new, Generation 5 pokemon connected to them will then become avaliable.

2. Pokemon like Luvdisc, with connections to the 5th generation will be the only old pokemon obtainable before defeating the Elite 4/obtaining the national dex. On the grounds that they evolve into an Isshu pokemon.

gliscor&yanmega

http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Mamanboo

That. It hasn't been confirmed to be an evolution yet, but it looks just a little too similar not to be.

I'm guessing one of these options is correct:

1. there will be roughly 140 entirely new pokemon that will be obtainable prior to the Elite 4 challenge. The Generation 1-4 pokemon and about 15 new, Generation 5 pokemon connected to them will then become avaliable.

2. Pokemon like Luvdisc, with connections to the 5th generation will be the only old pokemon obtainable before defeating the Elite 4/obtaining the national dex. On the grounds that they evolve into an Isshu pokemon.

Assuming Mamanboo is Luvdisc's evolution, it can still be in the Regional dex and Luvdisc wouldn't. It would just mean you can't get the cross gen Pokemon until after beating the Elite Four but they are still able to be seen and maybe caught(Depending on the case).

Jaggy101

I'm Jaggy and proud
Well if it is like DP, you could only see some of the new Pokemon yet not be able to obtain, With it like the version exclusives, Mamanboo may be owned by a gym leader or a Elite 4, yet we cant obtain it yet.

gliscor&yanmega

Well if it is like DP, you could only see some of the new Pokemon yet not be able to obtain, With it like the version exclusives, Mamanboo may be owned by a gym leader or a Elite 4, yet we cant obtain it yet.

That's pretty much what I'm trying to say.

Although it could be possible to catch new pre evolutions of older Pokemon but you can't evolve them without a certain item or something.

As for cross gen evolutions, you can possible catch them too but you just can't get their pre evolutions from past generations.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It also means all the gym leaders will use only Isshu pokemon.

Which is a good thing in my opinion. I get tired of seeing new Trainers and Gym Leaders strutting around with Pokemon that are from previous games. If they want to showcase a new region in a new game then they should showcase new Pokemon only. I just wish they'd thought of this earlier, like in the days of Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald where only two Pokemon were related to previous Pokemon and getting rid of them would've been no problem. I'm looking forward to starting off the Isshu adventure with peace of mind.

Glue

Snorunt = cool ^o^
That's pretty much what I'm trying to say.

Although it could be possible to catch new pre evolutions of older Pokemon but you can't evolve them without a certain item or something.

As for cross gen evolutions, you can possible catch them too but you just can't get their pre evolutions from past generations.

It sounds that catching pre evolution pokemon is more likely, therefore it would be new except for the evolved stage, so does that mean they might add a pre evolution to luvdisc?

gliscor&yanmega

It sounds that catching pre evolution pokemon is more likely, therefore it would be new except for the evolved stage, so does that mean they might add a pre evolution to luvdisc?

It doesn't have to mean Luvdisc would get a pre evolution, it could simply be that we can't get Mamanboo until after the Elite Four. It's still possible to see it though just in case we need a full Pokedex and beat the Elite Four for the Regional Dex.

fosterfossil

The prey bites back!
I think this whole not seeing old pokemon until after the elite four is a bunch of bull. That would totally go against the past design. I don't care if it is a far away place. In the real world you can find mice anywhere so why should pokemon be different. I think that it is a misinterpretation or possibly a mistatement on gamefreaks part. either way i don't think it is true and if it is then they should fix it.

gliscor&yanmega

I think this whole not seeing old pokemon until after the elite four is a bunch of bull. That would totally go against the past design. I don't care if it is a far away place. In the real world you can find mice anywhere so why should pokemon be different. I think that it is a misinterpretation or possibly a mistatement on gamefreaks part. either way i don't think it is true and if it is then they should fix it.

Mice can be found anywhere but that doesn't mean they will keep the same mouse for every generation. There could be a new mouse.

Look at it in the way of different types of mice, not every type of mice can be found everywhere. So Pikachus and Marills can be found where Sinnoh, Kanto, Hoenn, and Johto are but not where Isshu is. Instead Isshu will have another mouse that can be found only there.

Tackman

Optimistic Trainer

Masuda stated that he wanted players to relive an experience like in Red and Blue, where everything is new. This is a great idea! I've been playing Pokémon since Red and Blue, and I'm tired of always seeing the same pokémons over and over. I don't understand why you have difficulty accepting it... Yeah, you won't be able to catch a Pikachu until after the national dex, how sad... But hey, Pikachu lovers have got it since 12 years, now, Pikachu haters like myself will finally be able to enjoy the game without seeing this cash cow of a pokémon! I rejoice :D

It's real, get over it.

Civ-Killer

Die Pikachu, DIE! =D
Masuda stated that he wanted players to relive an experience like in Red and Blue, where everything is new. This is a great idea! I've been playing Pokémon since Red and Blue, and I'm tired of always seeing the same pokémons over and over. I don't understand why you have difficulty accepting it... Yeah, you won't be able to catch a Pikachu until after the national dex, how sad... But hey, Pikachu lovers have got it since 12 years, now, Pikachu haters like myself will finally be able to enjoy the game without seeing this cash cow of a pokémon! I rejoice :D

Don't count on that. Pikachu has been in EVERY pokémon game and it will allways be.

PS: I'm a pikachu hater =D

Chris-kun

i still believe
^Pikachu can be available postgame, that would still count you realize. If one of the GAME CREATORS says something, it's not an unconfirmed rumor, stop taking it as such.

It's real. Get over it. There's been a lot in these games that goes against past design, so that's a bull argument. Masuda said so, therefore, it's true. If you don't like it, don't play.

Electric

Like most Pokemon games, there's probably gonna be a special area after you complete the game where there will be Pokemon outside the regional Dex, like the Battle Zone in DPPt, BW will likely have something similar.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids

I don't see how that's a big deal. Masuda wanted to give the experience of entirely new Pokemon. People should just play the older Pokemon games if it's that big of a deal.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Yeah, you won't be able to catch a Pikachu until after the national dex, how sad... But hey, Pikachu lovers have got it since 12 years, now, Pikachu haters like myself will finally be able to enjoy the game without seeing this cash cow of a pokémon! I rejoice :D

Well I'm not even sure Pikachu or too many other Generation one through four Pokemon will be featured in the wild even after you complete the task that let's them appear in the game. It could be that they appear in the games, just not in the wild as we normally expect them too. Maybe most of the Generation one through four Pokemon present in the game belong to trainers and don't necessarily appear in the wild in Tall Grass. Maybe that's why we were given PokeShifter; so we could simply transfer most Pokemon and not actually catch all or most of them in Black and White itself.

Last edited:

Electric

It makes perfect sense anyways since Isshu is extremely far away from "Japan" in the Pokemon games. If a Pokemon game took place in a region based on Antarctica, you wouldn't see any bug Pokemon, would you? Mostly ice Pokemon.

gliscor&yanmega

Serebii confirmed in Gamefaqs That There will 152+ New pokemon and Pikachu is not there , even the trailer said so

I haven't heard anything about there being a confirmed amount of new Pokemon, so I don't know where you got 152.

Status
Not open for further replies.