• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_N

It would actually make sense for Swift Swim to be replaced with Hydration, even.
Rain based ability focusing on speed makes sense for a fast discus like Luvdisc, but Mamanbo seems far bulkier and I don't believe sunfish are known for their speed and would probably like the more "defensive" rain ability.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So Aroe is Gym Leader number 2 in the Isshu region then? But her Gym's specialty hasn't been revealed, kind of sad, I want to know what kind of Pokemon she uses in battle. It's odd, usually the first Gym Leader in the region gets revealed first but Aroe is second. Roark was revealed back in the DP era and I remember there being confusion as to what kind of Pokemon he used. Hope Aroe doesn't keep us guessing for too long.

R_N

So Aroe is Gym Leader number 2 in the Isshu region then? But her Gym's specialty hasn't been revealed, kind of sad, I want to know what kind of Pokemon she uses in battle. It's odd, usually the first Gym Leader in the region gets revealed first but Aroe is second. Roark was revealed back in the DP era and I remember there being confusion as to what kind of Pokemon he used. Hope Aroe doesn't keep us guessing for too long.

We have no confirmation of her gym position beyond she's a Leader.
Only the rumors (which may be true) say it.

Hopefully we'll get more scans this evening, probably around Pokemon Sunday's air time, and Aloe's scan will clear this up.

Leyniar

Either go back and look for slowkingsley or Sabonea_Masukippa's posts. I'm not bothered to search back. But if you can't find it, just tell me or wait for someone to see this post and look for it. Sorry.

EDIT!!!:
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=11491275&postcount=12107
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=11491326&postcount=12116

Nice! Thank you! Hmmm... I think this means there is a Pokemon Musical locale in Dento's town/city. All this is pretty interesting, I wonder what Pokemon will they use.

Tackman

Optimistic Trainer

Don't forget that her role as a gym leader was revealed through a leak, it is possible that the first gym leader also appears in CoroCoro but wasn't leak yet.

Grei

not the color

There was confusion for his type? Really? I thought it'd be obvious, what with his hardhat and all.

As for Aloe, considering Aloe is a type of plant, my guess is that she's a Grass-type Gym Leader. That makes sense.

Of course, that'll be two Generations in a row with a Grass-type 2nd Gym, but whatever. No harm in that. Grass is a weak type.

R_N

As for Aloe, considering Aloe is a type of plant, my guess is that she's a Grass-type Gym Leader. That makes sense.

No it doesn't. Virtually every gym leader, E4 member, and Frontier brain has a plant-based name.

Bardische

Elegance.
There was confusion for his type? Really? I thought it'd be obvious, what with his hardhat and all.

Of course, that'll be two Generations in a row with a Grass-type 2nd Gym, but whatever. No harm in that. Grass is a weak type.

Leaf Storm would like you to eat chlorophyll.

Other than Roark being obviously Rock-type, I initially thought he was Steel-type.

Since the name of her city consists of religion or rocks, she could be a Rock Gym Leader or a Ghost type, maybe even psychic. But the name pun is already obvious, so Grass would still make sense :X

Keegan™

All of the new pokemon look pretty good so far, besides the owl-plant.. that design is just odd. But other than that, I'm glad that the deer changes it's coat based on the seasons.

[Super_Fjord]

Is a college kid.
No it doesn't. Virtually every gym leader, E4 member, and Frontier brain has a plant-based name.

... They do?

Brock, Misty, Lt. Surge, Erika, Sabrina, Koga, Blaine, Giovanni, Falkner, Bugsy, Whitney, Morty, Chuck, Jasmine, Pryce, Claire, Roxanne, Brawly, Wattson, Flannery, Norman, Winona, Tate & Liza, Juan, Wallace, Roark, Maylene, Crasher Wake, Fantina, Byron, Candice, Volkner, Agatha, Lance, Bruno, Drake, Steven, Cynthia, Will, Karen, Sidney, Pheobe, Glacia...

Gardenia, yeah. But otherwise... I don't see it.

Just saying. I'm confused, really, at this statement--that's why I mentioned the above.

Grei

not the color

... really?

*checks*

Wow, I never noticed that. I guess I was used to the Gym Leaders' English names being related to their typing.

Then I have no clue what Aloe could specialize in. I could see her with Dark but I'm sure that would spout off racist accusations to no end. Ghost? Ground? The Grass-type is still sticking with me. It's probably just because I always thought her name meant she was a Grass-type Leader but I still think that could be her type.

V Faction

www.faction.com
[QUOTE='[Super_Fjord];11492097'Just saying. I'm confused, really, at this statement--that's why I mentioned the above.[/QUOTE]
Japanese Gym Leader names are all plant names or puns based on plants.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Someone posted about having played part of DP back in early 2006 and they claimed Roark used Diglett meaning he used Ground types. Old rumor lol.

Wait, her name has been confirmed as Aloe as well? I've been calling her Aroe forever. Aloe does sound like a plant-related name but I'll just wait and see. If she was a Grass type gym leader, I'd assume she'd have colorful clothes or at least green clothes. Anyway, Aroe/Aloe being a gym leader is better than nothing I guess, people assumed she was just a supporting character before. Looks like the "Elite Four" theories can finally die down :)

My guess:

Greedy Heart
Drops two Heart Scales instead of one.

BELIEVE

Status
Not open for further replies.