• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

V Faction

www.faction.com
I could still see TMs being held and tradable items. We're going to have a online Item & Berry trade function aren't we? Sounds like a perfect fit.

They aren't supposed to be like HMs, which you may need at any time. However, hopefully they're reworked the HM system too.

Keegan™

I could still see TMs being held and tradable items. We're going to have a online Item & Berry trade function aren't we? Sounds like a perfect fit.

They aren't supposed to be like HMs, which you may need at any time. However, hopefully they're reworked the HM system too.
I would like to see that the HM moves (when taught) that you have an option to use them to fill up a slot in moveset. (cause surf is an awesome water move) or to just have it as an HM move that WON'T take up a spot.

tom-tom

Furret <3
So if TMs don't disappear, can you still delete them easily like before? (Sorry, I'm on vacation so I don't want to go through all these pages on my phone)
You should be able to, they aren't HMs after all. HMs are required to do certain overworld things like surf, cut, etc., while TMs are purely meant for battling(with the exception of Flash).

R_N

HMs should let you be able to delete them barring specific situation (such as surfing on the water). They don't go away, so it's not like you can permanently screw yourself over.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
HMs should let you be able to delete them barring specific situation (such as surfing on the water). They don't go away, so it's not like you can permanently screw yourself over.

Agreed. It's annoying having to go to the Move Deleter just to be able to transfer Pokemon to the 4th gen games (why couldn't you transfer Pokemon that had HM moves in the first place?).

V Faction

www.faction.com
My solution to the problem is pretty lengthy, but to boil it down, it goes something like this:

Hidden Machines now become "Key Items" or something close to that, completely separate from the TM list. By "having" them in your Inventory, just by the fact of having them in your possesion, you can Surf/Fly/Etc. You don't even need to teach the move to a Pokemon. If you want to activate the HM, just go to the HM screen or hotkey it on your touch screen.

However, you can still "Boot Up" an HM and use it to teach your Pokemon the move it used to. This is how people can still gain access to good moves they want to use in battle, like Surf. Of course, now they're like any ol' TM.

In this way, the HMs become no different from an Item you find in an RPG that you need in order to progress through the story. You still find HMs or gain them from story events that place as you play the game.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
My solution to the problem is pretty lengthy, but to boil it down, it goes something like this:

Hidden Machines now become "Key Items" or something close to that, completely separate from the TM list. By "having" them in your Inventory, just by the fact of having them in your possesion, you can Surf/Fly/Etc. You don't even need to teach the move to a Pokemon. If you want to activate the HM, just go to the HM screen or hotkey it on your touch screen.

However, you can still "Boot Up" an HM and use it to teach your Pokemon the move it used to. This is how people can still gain access to good moves they want to use in battle, like Surf. Of course, now they're like any ol' TM.

In this way, the HMs become no different from an Item you find in an RPG that you need in order to progress through the story. You still find HMs or gain them from story events that place as you play the game.

That doesn't sound too bad at all. Certainly better than having a Pokemon stuck with Cut or Rock Smash in their moveset.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
Agreed. It's annoying having to go to the Move Deleter just to be able to transfer Pokemon to the 4th gen games (why couldn't you transfer Pokemon that had HM moves in the first place?).

It's so that you didn't screw yourself over. What happens if you were in Sootopolis City and didn't have any Pokemon that knew, or could know, Dive or Fly, because you Pal-Parked them over to Diamond?

What they should have done is the same mechanic they used for releasing Pokemon. If it's the only Pokemon you own that knows the HM move, it wasn't able to be released. By the same token, they should have done that with Pal Park. Disable it if it's the only Pokemon that knew said HM move.

slowkingsley

I think the new feature of infinite use TMs is a great one and opens up a whole new range of possibilities. Hopefully TMs are no longer hold items, as their ability to be used multiple times negates the need for them to be traded. It also opens up the possibility of version exclusive TMs or separate TMs lists between versions to create an extra uniqueness to either game. This also can be extended to the theoretical RS remake, which could use its original TM list, and the third edition to BW, which could also have new and unique TMs without creating any compatability issues.

Of course this could create a problem with 4th gen trading compatability, although I'm sure a simple fix could be arranged.

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
I also agree that it is a nice change, I was tired of seeing the same old boring building, the Hiun City gym looks like a skyscraper and Dento's gym is a castle. It brings in the overall mood of the gym leader's tastes. And it actually makes it feel like that you have stepped into their teritory.

I totally agree with you! I was so annoyed by the fact that in HGSS, the only difference of the 16 gyms was the color on the outside. It wasn't enough. But this is. I love it! :)

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
Yeah that's a pretty easy fix for that problem. Simple yet effective.

Profesco

gone gently
Wow. Eternal TMs. Never thought we'd actually see that. The one-use TM has been something of a staple in Pokemon game mechanics and strategy from day one. It's what made TMs distinctive. Guess it's pretty convenient, if it holds to be what we think it is.

Intriguing move, game creators...

Animorph

Bzzzap
I hope they'll let some Items through. I had to beat down 20 skull wearing orphans to get this thick club, and I intend to keep it. Not to mention the countless hours in the Safari zone, trying to catch every Pikachu I could for the freaking Light Ball.

We could trade TM's since the Dawn of Pokemon. Where on earth did you get that?

SmartD

I like that TMs don't disappear after use. Now I don't have to be picky about which TM to use on which Pokemon. And Gyms with different exteriors is neat too.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
We could trade TM's since the Dawn of Pokemon. Where on earth did you get that?

Some people are wondering if since the TMs are no longer going to disappear after one use, will they still be able to be traded to other games. His defense to that it can still be possible is the new online Berry and Item function.

superkal388

Kanto SuperTrainer
I'm actually a little dissapointed by the seasons thing. It's like "time of day", which is a horrible addition that I'm glad RSE took out and sad that DPPt put back in, but even worse since they're a month each.

lol get a load of this moron, seriously this guy must be a troll or something

anyways it seems like we didnt get anything new in terms of pokemon, just offical artwork which is nice, i really dont want too many more to be spoiled before the release date and the ones that were leaked from the demos are still ambiguous enough to wonder about ^.^

Status
Not open for further replies.