• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiinel

Now isn't the time.
it could true or maybe she run away form home because aloe wanted her to be the next gym leader and when to team plastm(can not spell it) and join them

hello there

I seriously doubt that. Besides, Aloe and Iris look nothing alike. You guys just think they're related because of their skin color, right?

Plasma*

Furretferret

Mustelidea Might!
Please let the starter evos be fake! The snake and pig are fine, but why would they make mijumaru become an otter no more! Why make him a swiecon, sea lion, unicorn thing?!!!! I'm fine with the others but mijumaru's final evo better still be an otter, because all members of the weasle family are awsome!!!

Ally

Please let the starter evos be fake! The snake and pig are fine, but why would they make mijumaru become an otter no more! Why make him a swiecon, sea lion, unicorn thing?!!!! I'm fine with the others but mijumaru's final evo better still be an otter, because all members of the weasle family are awsome!!!

It IS an otter, well i think thats what it's based on

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_Otter

mijumaru is a sea otter, so people are thinking it needs to stay as a sea otter...when it seems to have evolved into a giant otter but an otter none the less

SupaKawaii

So what I'm Gay ♪♀
Please let the starter evos be fake! The snake and pig are fine, but why would they make mijumaru become an otter no more!

The Snake's Evo is fine and actually fits in well with how Snakes actually evolved in the past from small lizards. It looks kickass too and for me looks like an Electric/Grass pokemon now more than ever XD

The Water starter when fully evolved is a type of Otter. If you look at it closely you can see that, the images are just not as good as they could be, Plus it looks absolutely awesome!

The Pig on the other hand is a mess. But I was never going to choose something that ugly anyway. It's just a total Fail, but usually the Fire starters are always the best so it's kinda ok to have a crap one for a change.

Maxim

Beyond repair
So, those are real.

Then, I'm even more convinced that the Grass Snake is the most minor evil.

All its three forms are the least shitty of all.

I think the final evolutions look great. :/ Tsutarja's looks VERY snakelike, but it also has a draconian feel if you ask me. I just hope it's not ruined with a Grass/Poison typing. I think Mijumaru looks awful and that it's final evolution looks beastly. It's a major upgrade. Pokabu's I'm not too fond of, but I have no strong opinion either way.

Xx Flare xX

Tsutarja's final form just looks the best, no two ways about it.
Mijumuru's final looks silly, like a cross between a Walrein and Dialga but to me looks alright...ish
But Pokabu's final just looks awful IMO, Ugh! I was really hoping it would be on four legs and turn into a wild hog:(.

The second forms on all but Tsutarja just look stupid to me.
And I can already imagine the typing
Grass/Dragon
Fire/Fighting
Water/Ice
(Probably far from it but thats what I see when I look at the pictures).

Espeon POWER!

Coral Eye Trainer
I originally favoured Smugleaf but now the fire and water final evos look the best and I think I'ma convert to a Wotter lover.

As for those that keep saying Wotters final evo is least like the others and that it's a complete change, well try and say that when you learn that it appears to be based on a Giant Otter + shells:

giant-otter.jpg

So far it's the second closest to the basic.

jaxonferz

I'm still sceptical of these as I see mijimaragabama(I don't care how you spell it) has too much of a leap
but if so, grass will be chossen for my black starter and mijimaragabama will be my choice for the 3rd game.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
:/ i dont see why people are complaining but oh well I dont mind the starter final evos.

I dont like mijumaru but i now love his evolutions so now im gonna have do decide between him and pokabu for White since i want to start with Smugleaf in Black.

IcyKerpymon

Lan challenges you!
I still kinda hope that it goes like this:
Grass/Dark - it does look like a basilisk or something...
Fire/Psychic - those golden rings or whatever they are give it a psychic feel.
Water/Fighting - I just... see it this way...

or something like it

Grei

not the color
I still kinda hope that it goes like this:
Grass/Dark - it does look like a basilisk or something...
Fire/Psychic - those golden rings or whatever they are give it a psychic feel.
Water/Fighting - I just... see it this way...

or something like it

According to Pokexperto's Twitter page, Tsutapalesnake and Mijuruinedbyfourlegs are pure Grass- and Water-types, respectively. Which is largely underwhelming.

Which leaves Pokabu to be either the boring pure Fire-type, or perhaps for it to be yet another Fire/Fighting type. I almost hope it's a Fire/Dark, that'd be interesting.

IcyKerpymon

Lan challenges you!
this isn't speculation, I'm sorry for posting my speculated types. anyway... I was already seeing the 3 monkeys coming I mean... 3 gym leaders in the first gym, one of them uses a grass monkey... the others had to have something similar

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
Continuing IcyKerpymon's theroy, I too had a similar theroy. I believe that when you go to vs Dento it will turn into a Triple Battle between you and Dento and the two trainers with red hair and blue hair. Each trainer will have their respective monkey, so Dento has the Green one the Blue haired trainer has the Blue one and the Red haired trainer has the Red one. Also I believe this because the badge you recieve has the three different colors on it.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Belle's gonna most likely be like Wally fused with Barry, as in she's weak and easy the first few times you face her, she disapeers after you solve the R@m problem, then comes it either at championship, or the end of victory road to pummel you.

Her battle style will probally be reckless, even using recoil moves.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
WHAAT, you can clearly see the plasma outfit
adn I will reiterate this, pokabu's second and last forms ARE FUGLY UGLY, I mean what a FAT LITTLE EFFER!!! I HATE IT, well at least I wasn't gonna use little piggy crying wee wee all the way home, I seriously might just keep it as a starter if I even get pokabu and wow a water monkey the guy was right

There is an equal spread of "I like them" and "I hate them". I actually like them!

Tsutaja: looks all regal and actually quite cool. I'm warming to it a lot. It looks either Grass/Dragon or Grass/Electric to me. I'm hoping Grass/Electric.
Picture(s) I'm using to prove my point: HERE
"Real" Because: Snakes in the real world are the result of real world evolution. Over time, they lost their limbs because they did not need to use them, as the way of transport they found was much more effective. This is what is happening here. In the picture I have given you, the red areas represent the limbs, or where the limbs would be. Over the course of the evolutionary chain, a Lizard with small arms turns into a large snake. The arms & legs, while small on Tsutaja, are bigger when you compare it to the Pokemon's body size. It's a natural transition.
Next I want to point out the Collar. On all three Pokemon, this is the black circled area. As Tsutaja evolves into Gracesnake, its Collar becomes more pronounced. This has developed into a big, very large collar when we get onto Regalsnake. The same can be said for the "spike on top of the head that starts to appear.
I've seen an argument somewhere saying that Regalsnake's tail is not what Tsutaja's is at all; you are mistaken. It's exactly the same shape, but hard to notice. The orange circles on my picture represent the separate laves. Gracesnake gains two smaller leaves higher up on its tail; these are exactly the same on Regalsnake. The blue lines (It is a line) represents the tail. where it ends there is a leaf unattached to the body.
Finally, the overall look of the Pokemon; as the evolutions progress, the Pokemon turns from smug and slightly "posh" looking lizard-snake to a very regal, graceful snake.

Pokabu: is probably (for the first time ever) my LEAST favourite starter. Before I have only chosen fire. The fact that this guy MAY turn part fighting at the end is what is making me chose him less, but I am hoping for either a pure Fire type or a Part Steel Type here, with the possibility of it MAYBE being Rock.
Picture(s) I'm using to prove my point: THIS, Wrestler's outfit, Champion's belt
"Real" Because: Once again, the fire pig/boar does have easy things to prove it looks like its evos. The most obvious one is that is keeps its colour scheme throughout. However, there are more. Firstly, in the picture I have given you, notice the blue circle on each? That represents the "Nappy" on the three. On Pokabu, as I just said, looks just like a baby's nappy. However, this then becomes a wrestler's outfit on Wrestlepig, as I have shown you in the second picture (which is taken from the "diary of a wimpy kid" films). Finally it turns into a "Champion's belt" on Boarferno's pic, as I have shown you in the third picture. This, I'm afraid, is a strong indication of the fighting type, which kinda sucks.
The green circles show the mask that appears on all three from the evolutionary line.
Finally, the issue of the tail (no pun intended). Many of you have dismissed the tail as a reason for being false; why would Pokabu lose its signature round tail? The answer is simple; Pokabu's tail represents a bomb. Wrestlepig's tail probably shows this worse than its prevo and evo, but ITS tail is the middle stage in setting off a bomb; the explosion itself. Finally, Boarferno's tail is a bomb after having exploded, with most of the actual bomb itself having been blown off the round shape. You could call its tail "shrapnel".

Mijumaru: is still my favourite starter. Now I actually understand WHY he has such a radical change, I accept him, and I'm getting to LOVE his design. I still am hoping for Water/Fighting, but if that's not to be, then I will happily accept pure Water or Water/Rock.
Picture(s) I'm using to prove my point: THIS, Sea Otter, Giant Otter
"Real" Because: My personal favourite also has his fair share of proof to why he goes from a cute little otter to what people have described as a mutated otter that looks like a mix between a narwhal and a seal. Firstly, the colouration issues (again, no pun intended). Why does Mijumaru lose its white face and go completely darker in colour? Well, if you look at the picture I present to you, you will see that some sea otters do, in fact, have paler faces, with darker bodies. However, the Giant otter, which is most likely Ottorrent's base, rarely does have this characteristic, as shown in the picture. So that's the colours sorted out.
Now onto the shell. Many of you have mentioned a lack of the same shell on Ottorrent. The green circles on my picture indicate the shells. The shells on Ottorrent, while not exactly the same, do look similar to the ones on Mijumaru and Aquotter. Just look at them from a more side-view angle to see it, and imagine the spike moves 90 degrees. It is just a slightly different shell.
Now for another big problem people have with Ottorrent; its MAZZIVE CONCH SHELL. I must admit; it IS the hardest difference to see. However, if you look at the differences in the head between Mijumaru and Aquotter, you will see a slight spike starting to from (as seen in the picture by the red circle). Admittedly, that spike should have been on Mijumaru, and then a small conch shell on Aquotter, but that is the difference. Probably the biggest leap, but a (sort of) understandable one.
Finally, the minor things; the whiskers, the tail and the feet. These all stay the same throughout the line, only changing a little as the Pokemon evolves. A Bigger tail, bigger "flippers" and finally, bigger whiskers. That now resemble a moustache.

On top of the details for the specific things for each Pokemon, some general reason why they are likely to be real.
  • Pokexperto, Serebii AND now Pokebeach all say they are more inclined to believe these are real. If these were wrong, all these sites, ESPECIALLY Pokexperto, would lose face, so they MUST be VERY sure.
  • The source from where these have come has been extremely reliable in the past.
  • If someone was trying to create fakes, they would most likely deliberately make something that throughout the line resembled the starter directly. The fact that these do not actually do that helps to prove their credibility.
  • The person who claimed to be the creator is most likely someone seeking attention. People will go to long lengths to be famous and well known, be it only through their username.

stellarleader

Finally, the issue of the tail (no pun intended). Many of you have dismissed the tail as a reason for being false; why would Pokabu lose its signature round tail? The answer is simple; Pokabu's tail represents a bomb. Wrestlepig's tail probably shows this worse than its prevo and evo, but ITS tail is the middle stage in setting off a bomb; the explosion itself. Finally, Boarferno's tail is a bomb after having exploded, with most of the actual bomb itself having been blown off the round shape. You could call its tail "shrapnel".

I would never noticed that by msyelf, so thank you for pointing that out!
I still dislike the thing though.

I was waiting to see final evolutions in order to choose a starter, so now I've seen them, I know I'll pick Tsutarja. I've never liked the Fire/Fighting combo and besides that, "Boarferno" looks hideous to me. And every time I see Mijumaru's final evolution I picture it shouting "Harpoon Vulcan!" XD

Status
Not open for further replies.