1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Black and White General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by bobandbill, Sep 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobandbill

bobandbill Winning Smile Staff Member Super Mod

Discuss anything about the Black and White games not covered by any other specific thread (character discussion, The Isshu Region discussion thread, etc).

Warning - do not spam, or argue, or post off-topic, etc - basically standard rules apply. Warnings/infractions may be given if they are broken here.

Discuss away!

2. ~Hot~as~Ice~

~Hot~as~Ice~ Active Member

Do we have a complete list of version exclusives yet? This game has taken a while to leak completely.

3. Meloetta

Meloetta Active Member

Meloetta, Keldeo, Kyurem, and Genesect are confirmed names of the legends.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2010
  4. du1387

du1387 Exploring Sinnoh

We have everything pre-national dex.

5. Beck

Beck Soul Suckin' Jerk

We don't know all of the version exclusives, though. There's a fair few who could go either way.

6. du1387

du1387 Exploring Sinnoh

^^^ I thought we knew... oh well. lol. What pokemon could go either way?

7. Electric

Electric Well-Known Member

Why would there be websites named after them? I never understood that.

Also like how every Pokemon (almost) got a new ability, but I don't understand the Slip Through one.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2010
  8. xmikeyxlikesitx

xmikeyxlikesitx Pokémon Coordinator

I'm pretty sure Slip Through allows you to basically ignore Reflect and Light Screen.

Why?
    No idea.

9. Wordy

Wordy #FlorrieSlayage2014

Correct! Slip Through acts as if Reflect and Light Screen are never there, meaning that the ability user's attacks are only impeded by direct stat boosts and drops. It's Erufuun exclusive ingame, but a lot of Dream Worlders can have this ability.

10. Grei

Grei not the color

It's a way of trademarking the name.

I think Slip Through means you attack regardless of if the opponent is using Protect or Detect (maybe it even extends to being able to attack through moves like Reflect and Light Screen without having your attack strength lowered). EDIT: Ninja'd. So do Protect and Detect still work, then?

Anyway, my understanding of the version-exclusives:

Black
    Monmen
    Goichuzeru
    Wargle
    Reshiram
    (Shaga--is that his name?)
    Black City

White
    Churine
    Ranculus
    Vuljina
    Zekrom
    Iris
    White Forest

There may be more. I know that Torunerosu and Boruterosu are version exclusive Legendaries, although I don't know which Legendary goes in which version.

11. xmikeyxlikesitx

xmikeyxlikesitx Pokémon Coordinator

I believe that Torunerosu is Black exclusive, while Boruterosu is White exclusive.

Does anyone know if Kurumiru and Fushide are version exclusive?

With Rankurusu and Barujina, I'd be über happy if Fushide was available in White. I haven't gotten that far, yet.

12. Shadow-charizard

Shadow-charizard Hydreigon = >:'O

Torunerosu is black only, but wargle i think isn't because giancarlopa is doing a walkthrough and he has wargle and zekrom

13. Grei

Grei not the color

That's good to hear. Now I can get Wargle no matter which version I decide (I was going to go with Black anyway).

So... people have been able to get Dream World Pokemon before getting the National Dex, right? Transferring Dream World Pokemon is allowed while you still have the Regional Dex, correct? Or has anyone actually been able to use the Dream World yet?

14. Kurumiru is Black, Futsude in White. I thought that was officially revealed?

15. Bannana Tim

Bannana Tim Member

Have we gotten screenshots of any full in-game towns or routes yet?

16. Ungoliath

Ungoliath Not a GenWunner

So it's white to me. The dark maiden is not as cool as Rankurusu and Churine evo is simply awesome.

17. R_N

R_N Better Name GET

Uh, no? You're probably thinking of Monmen & Churine.
    The Futsude hasn't even been officially revealed.

18. Slimslamer

Slimslamer Well-Known Member

Is it just me, or is Mischievous Heart seriously one of the most amazing abilities out there?

Also I'm torn, I love Rankurusu and Gorugozu, but Erufunn alone is almost enough to make me consider black...

19. Ungoliath

Ungoliath Not a GenWunner

And Sableye has it. :C ;302;
    I'm soooooooooooooooo happy with that. And also learns a new attack that has more power if the enemy has more attack (Which is probably 97% of the time :p) and new TM's that can average the stats of Attack and Defense status.

Ohhhh, how much I love strategy.

20. Slimslamer

Slimslamer Well-Known Member

My one worry is that it doesn't look like poor ole' erufunn gets much in the way of stat-boosters outside of growth. I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised, but it seems like such a waste of a great pokemon/ability. (here's to hoping she learns Calm Mind or Bulk up, because if she does... she will be a monster)

Also, yeah, the stats listed keep changing, now Agirudaan is listed with 145 speed again. Also, he has Unburden, and 100 Special attack, and a movepool boasting Bug Buzz and recover. <3 ninja clams.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.