• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grei

not the color
Maybe it's the way you interpreted my "tone", but I completely agree with you. I believe that the remakes will be made too.

I've had to do some grinding, but not nearly as much as I had to do in FireRed for example.

It was my own interpretation, my apologies for possibly sounding mean. :0

As Pokemon Black and White take their name from Reshiram and Zekrom which are White and Black. In addition, reshiram derives from "shiroi" which is white in japanese, and zekrom from "kuroi" which is black in japanese.

We know that Kuremu, the ice dragon is the third character of the dragon trio of BW, along with fire dragon Reshiram, and electric dragon zekrom.

Kuremu is grey colored. And its name sound like "chrome" in french, and "chromium" in english.
And chrome is actually a grey metal.
So it is highly probable that the third game will be called Pokemon Chrome.

220px-Chromium_crystals_and_1cm3_cube.jpg

Chromium metal

Kyuremu
646.png

I'd prefer this over Pokemon Grey. I think either one is possible--I mean, Grey would match the simplicity of the Black and White names, but it's not as if Platinum was some rare gemstone like Diamond or Pearl. Chrome sounds cooler but Grey is similar to Black/White.

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
They can do anything really.

Chrome and grey both sound cool, maybe there could be more disscussion of it in the speculation thread?

RedMage23

The Red Mage
Well, Yellow followed its predecessors perfectly. Emerald pretty much followed its predecessors. Platinum and Crystal did not follow. It's kind of a crap shoot.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
It will be Pokemon 'Almost Black But is Mixed With Enough White to Create a Light Black or Dark White' Version

B/W/ABBMWEWCLBDW

will be the number 1 selling pokemon games to date.

Of some reason, I did not find out what you got if you pre-ordered the games. As it was no figures this time, was it only the gamebox(I am pretty sure this is the wrong word, but I am talking about the ting the game card is in) with the legendaries tails being active or was it someting more/else?

Yea i like the name chrome better but will more than likely be Grey eithe way i hope it has a different storyline compared to black and white.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I just heard that Black and White can hold about 16 Wonder Cards, compared to just 3 as was the case in Generation 4. That's great news I suppose. It means that players won't have to decide between deleting an old Wonder Card and getting a new one. Believe it or not, some people still feel attached to them so hopefully this'll even things out. It'll be interesting as more Wi-Fi events are released. Kumashun's event is next so I personally can't wait :3

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It seems that the official japanese complete illustrated guide for Pokémon Black & White is to be released on the 20th of November.

http://www.pokemon-sp.jp/news-sp/2010/10/1015_01.html?a001=news#cont_anc3

A bit more than 1 month and we're going to get all Sugimori's 5th gen pokémon artworks. :)

I knew it! I heard it would be released in November, but I didn't have a source yet until now. Looks like it takes a while for the Japanese to get their videogame guides, which is a shame. Had this been released in September, we'd all have had the official artwork for most of the Pokemon and it would be so much easier to appreciate their designs. I can see Aken's Ken Sugimori artwork on the cover of the guide, and the artwork of other new Pokemon too. Looks good, I might buy the guide just for the artwork.

R_N

Oh hey there's Crimgon!

...and he's covered by a giant yellow bar

He just can not catch a single break.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Oh hey there's Crimgon!

...and he's covered by a giant yellow bar

He just can not catch a single break.

It's ok Crimgon, I still love you. <3

Besides, looks like Ranculus, Gigaiath, and Zebraika all have the problem, only worse. Besides, everyone on the cover we saw the art of in that CoroCoro that just came out.

EDIT: Oh wait, no, Shinporah is there. Nevermind.

R_N

It's ok Crimgon, I still love you. <3

Besides, looks like Ranculus, Gigaiath, and Zebraika all have the problem, only worse. Besides, everyone on the cover we saw the art of in that CoroCoro that just came out.

EDIT: Oh wait, no, Shinporah is there. Nevermind.

Gigaiath & Rankurusu (I'm well aware it's pronounced Ranculus, but it's so dang fun to say Ran -kur -usu) were all featured predominantly in previous CoroCoros. Rankurursu

Zebraika is more noticeable for being a Shimama evo

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Well we've got about 55% of the Sugimori art now. Though I'd like the official site to update with it, so we can get hi-res/transparent images.

Vincenzo Hikari

executioner of Light
Wow, all new Pokèmons in Sugimori Style are Awesome!

I Think in the second Guide With Reshiram and Zekrom in the front there is a code to get
one of The Hoenn Starters.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Oh, wait, yeah that's how I pronounce it

I like the u sounds
it's fun to say for whatever reason

The u's in Japanese are pronounced very quickly and, in foreign words, are used to denote that there's no vowel there at all. An exception is if there's a vowel lengthener after it.

For example, Zekrom's name in Japanese would be transliterated as "zekuromu." You'd pronounce it as if the u's weren't there. On the other hand, Pikachu's name would be transliterated as "pikachyuu." Two u's means you pronounce it as normal.

R_N

The u's in Japanese are pronounced very quickly and, in foreign words, are used to denote that there's no vowel there at all. An exception is if there's a vowel lengthener after it.

For example, Zekrom's name in Japanese would be transliterated as "zekuromu." You'd pronounce it as if the u's weren't there. On the other hand, Pikachu's name would be transliterated as "pikachyuu." Two u's means you pronounce it as normal.

Remember that brief conversation we had about keeping the vowels between translations?

This is why it came up

Status
Not open for further replies.