• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
I'm pretty sure the new pokemon game was aimed at teens as well as kids, so...

Not teens but early 20s - the ones who originally played the older games but lost interest years ago.

BCVM22

I'm pretty sure the new pokemon game was aimed at teens as well as kids, so...

It was aimed at boys ages 6-11, like every past Pokémon product and every future Pokémon product. There's nothing that stops gamers of all ages and genders from enjoying it to the fullest, but the core material of the games will always be designed and tailored for and aimed at the target demographic.

Ememew

Emerald Mew
Of course, due to it still being widely appealing to people outside the "6-11 year old male" description, that brings up interesting theoretical questions about how much the "target demographic" is socialized into liking the types of things in Pokemon while other demographics aren't/are channeled into different interests.

Yeah, this is what happens when I'm playing around on a Pokemon site when I'm supposed to be doing my Gender Theory homework . . .

BCVM22

What sort of answer would you like? We can't actually give you a definitive response to that, can we?

RedMage23

The Red Mage
Grey, Cobalt (like Cobalion), and Chrome (Kyurem sounds kind of like Chrome) are the three popular theorized names for the third version.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I don't. People just like to assume.

So would inquiring as to the thought process behind asking an unanswerable question. Which is what I did.

Just speculating.

Could it be a possibility that Looker might have a bigger role intte third installment?

How's that, BCVM22?
Any better?

m190049

Local psychopath
Eh. I still think the fact that they selected Kyurem's color in the Pokedex as Gray was specifically intentional.
Seeing as it's really mostly blue-ish, maybe a "dull blue-gray". Even if Pokemon Gray is kinda boring and obvious...
...Not that that it being labeled as Gray rules out something like "Cobalt" or whatnot either.

Not that any of this even matters, as those colors seem to be not particularly accurate a large amount of the time anyway.
*Stares at "Green Bronzong", "Yellow Keldeo", and "Black Munchlax"*

Last edited:

rocky505

They're assuming a name for the third version of Black/White, as a grey colour is likely. Cobalt's a blue though, so I don't see the connection there...
Then why don't they just call it the third game? With no confirmed info at all of what the gme will be called saying Grey/Gray/Cobalt/Crimson/Brown will just cause confusion to newcomers on the forums.

R_N

Then why don't they just call it the third game? With no confirmed info at all of what the gme will be called saying Grey/Gray/Cobalt/Crimson/Brown will just cause confusion to newcomers on the forums.

Not really, most would just assume Grey anyway.
also a matter of laziness
grey or gray is 4 characters
third game would be 9!

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Maybe Grey may not be the third installment's title.
If profit is to be made, a more attracting name must be established.
Chrome sounds much like an option. But it might be something that relates to Black and White.
Gamefreak is probably making analogies for the words blacl and white just to come up something.

Ememew

Emerald Mew

I don't know, maybe so they can claim bragging rights if the third installment turns out to be the one they've been pushing for?

Still, "the third game" takes longer to write than one color (but some people slash a bunch of different possibilities together when talking about it, so that takes longer to write . . .).

Status
Not open for further replies.