• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Dragon_Master~

The Next Legend
I did a count of the number of each type, if anyone's interested. This is not including alternate forms by the way.

Bug: 19
Dark: 16
Dragon: 10
Electric: 11
Fighting: 15
Fire: 14
Flying: 18
Ghost: 9
Grass: 20
Ground: 11
Ice: 7
Normal: 17
Poison: 7
Psychic: 15
Rock: 10
Steel: 12
Water: 17

And here are the new type combinations, not including swapped ones, e.g fire/flying instead of flying/fire.

Bug/Electric
Bug/Fire
Ground/Dark
Dark/Fighting
Dark/Steel
Dark/Dragon
Dragon/Fire
Dragon/Electric
Dragon/Ice
Ground/Electric
Rock/Fighting
Ghost/Fire
Psychic/Fire
Water/Ghost
Normal/Grass
Grass/Steel
Flying

warnerbroman

the Blue trainer
Aianto, Aianto,..I just got it!

Aianto: A.I ant! that means it a bug that's may be a pest that eats everything and it's predator is the fire anteater.

Maxim

Beyond repair
[spoil]They say that Subway Master's name is Nobori. He battles the player after 49 wins (7 streaks) and his Pokemon are Doryuzu, Shandera and Ononokusu.[/spoil]

Sauce.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I have an inquiry.

What happens if you didn't catch all the Pokemon in the Pokeshifter and the time is up?

esme905

I have been dying to find out if you really can have your pokemon walk with you like HG/SS.

I am not kidding I have been trying to google the answer to this question for about 2 weeks now. I thought I had the answer when I read on a wiki page that you could CHOOSE to have them walk with you if you wanted, but once the game came out I tried searching for confirmation and the only thread I found that spoke of it said you could Not.

Somebody pleaseeeee let me know ....

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I have been dying to find out if you really can have your pokemon walk with you like HG/SS.

I am not kidding I have been trying to google the answer to this question for about 2 weeks now. I thought I had the answer when I read on a wiki page that you could CHOOSE to have them walk with you if you wanted, but once the game came out I tried searching for confirmation and the only thread I found that spoke of it said you could Not.

Somebody pleaseeeee let me know ....

no you cannot

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
anyone know what all the trainer classes are?

I'm assuming the double ones with sports enthusists are boys-Pep Rally, and Girls-Cheerleaders, I'm most interested in the rich looking olderman, and the man and woman in trenchcoats.

Varnani

Infernus Rex
wow, 20 grass types???
that seems like a lot :eek:
but then again, many types aren't far behind.

thanks for the info!

razz

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
Can you attach Items to pokemon from DP and transfer them over to B&W through the pokeshifter, then take the items from your transfered pokemon???

kogawolfman

Alpha Mightyena
Can you attach Items to pokemon from DP and transfer them over to B&W through the pokeshifter, then take the items from your transfered pokemon???

Nope. You can't have items attached when transferring Pokemon.

Clay Psyduck

Dynamax Luigi
Any confirmation on new forms we're getting? I know hihidaruma (or however you spell it) has that fire/psychic form, and the bird has a separate form, but anything else?

The bird actually does NOT have a separate form. It's just the male/female difference. The male has the funky pink mask thing and the female is normal.

Likewise, the jellyfish (both) have female versions that have their own new sprites.

Form/forme-wise (other than Hihidaruma):
- Basurao (the green fish) has a red and blue form. The only real difference is that one can get RECKLESS and the other can get ROCK HEAD as an ability. At least, that's what I got from Veekun.
- Meloetta (the girl event legendary) has a Voice form (normal) and Step form (after it learns a move)

Shikijika and its evolution (the deer) have different forms for the different seasons, but it doesn't change anything other than sprite, and you can't keep it as one form (so you can't have one for each season), it just changes.

Genesect doesn't really have new forms, so much as it has alternate sprites like Arceus for when you change the type of it's special move.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
You cannot walk with them. It sucks.

I'm actually glad that the features allowing you to walk with Pokemon wasn't added to Pokemon Black and White. It just feels better to travel alone without a Pokemon following you, at least that's how I see it. It was only ever added to make the GSC remakes look lively and not completely dull. We don't need it in Black and White because there are already tons of new things to do.

TheAncient

Umm...I bit off topic, but ima wait patiently for the us release. And on that note, I've been doing some research, and I want to ask, is this a good team?
Daikeni-final water starter
Nattorei-grass steel pokemon
Shanderaa-chandlier pokemon
Sazando-three headed dragon
and....
Rankurusu-psychic body pokemon

TheAncient

Umm...off topic. I've been doing some research, and I'm wonderin, is this a good team?

Daikeni -final water starter
Nattorei -grass/steel pokemon
Shanderaa -chandelier pokemon
Sazanlo-three headed dragon
and...
Rankurusu -psychic body pokemon

redshift71388

Are there any new Poké Balls in these games? Additionally, do Kurt's Poké Balls reappear?

Status
Not open for further replies.