1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Black and White General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by bobandbill, Sep 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason Cage

Jason Cage New Member

sorry for seeming lazy, but:

when does the game come out in the US? next year?

2. CyndaquilRules

CyndaquilRules Well-Known Member

At some point in 2011.

3. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

"Spring 2011"

Somewhere between mid-March and mid-April.

Stop asking, kids, the answer isn't going to change.

4. Rakurai

Rakurai Well-Known Member

Random additonal High Link info for those interested.

There's not a whole lot of information about this feature on the net yet from what I've noticed, so I figured I'd share some. I've been messing around with it, thanks to my brother owning an import copy as well, and so far, I'm really impressed with how useful a lot of the power-ups you can get from it are, and it's fun in its own, simple way.

You initially start off with six missions, and upon completing them all, are given a new set with a stricter time limit for completion. Completing the missions gives you "derudama", which can be exchanged for temporary power-ups. You start off gaining them three to six at a time, which gradually increases to 6 to 12 once you complete enough mission sets. You can also find derudama by examining a Pokemon Center entrance while on a mission, though seemingly only once a day per center.

Completing missions also increases your "Black" and "White" levels, which determine what power-ups you can purchase. These levels are represented by the gradual growth of a coiling black and white tree in the center of the area.

So far, the missions I've seen are:

Selling an item to another player for slightly higher then the market price (They need initiate the conversation, and it doesn't appear to use your stock)

Hiding an item in a location, where it can then be found via the Dowsing Machine (You're given a route/city, and a specific spot that it needs to be hidden at, and it also doesn't take from your item stock, as I placed an item I didn't actually own).

Having a battle with another player (It auto-scales your Pokemon to the levels mentioned in the description for the mission.).

Examining a player while they're in a battle to provide them with a recovery power-up (Also occasionally grants the player a healing item after the battle).

Having the player talk to you for a power-up.

Talking to the player to give them a power-up.

All of these missions are done in the guise of a Pokemon or NPC.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  5. Aurath8

Aurath8 Well-Known Member

I like the power up idea. It's like the Hoenn flutes but 10 times more helpful.
    Ones given by other players seem awesome. Store discount FTW!

6. Gold/Silver18

Gold/Silver18 Fan since Gen 1!

7. Far&Wide

Far&Wide The very best

I was rather disappointed in the lack of new evos for old pokemon. The only one I really see is luvdisc. Hoping that when pokemon gray (just sayin, what’s the third one gonna be called?) comes out they might expand on old pokemon. Seems far'fetched but since these two games were supposed to be more of a new beginning, maybe when old pokemon get introduced to the new region they will have new evolutions.

8. Far&Wide

Far&Wide The very best

Well I guess now that they are in your pokedex you can trade for them online and not have to worry about raising them?

9. Glue

Glue Snorunt = cool ^o^

Well I would want to get all of their evolutions, this is why White is better, better legend, better exclusives, better city.....etc.

10. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

Black sells evolutionary items and other goodies like that.

11. Aurath8

Aurath8 Well-Known Member

We now have exactly what Black City sells. Heart Scales + ALL Evolutionary Stones>>>>>>>>>catchable pokemon. Not forgetting you can dream world most pokemon anyway.

12. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

You will see no actual Pokémon in the eventual Isshu 3 that you do not see in Black and White.

Every generation people somehow get it in their minds that this is feasible and plausible and every generation I marvel at how thought processes work sometimes.

13. Isis-sama

Isis-sama Well-Known Member

I've noticed that the Pokedex entries for Aaken and Aakeosu (from White) are up on Bulbapedia. Could someone please translate them into English for me or give me a link to a place where they've been translated? Aaken and Aakeosu are my favorite Pokemon from this generation and I'd really like to know what it says. Thank you very much.

14. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Pokebeach has had translated entries for both versions for some time now.

15. Isis-sama

Isis-sama Well-Known Member

Ahh, thank you. I've been too busy doing other things to check the site much for a few days now, so I'm behind on some of the info.

16. Hejiru

Hejiru Rev up those fryers

Well, Pokebeach translated all of the Pokedex entries almost a week ago.
    The ones from Black
    The ones from White

17. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

Now, new forms......

18. Far&Wide

Far&Wide The very best

Its a weird thought process but Im really disappointed the lack of old pokemon being present in this new generation. I know they have a whole restart kind of thing going on but I feel they didnt give anything to fans of past generations.

19. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

New moves & New abilities

20. Mewtwo_soul

Mewtwo_soul Servant of Mewtwo #1

They gave plenty to fans of past generations. The fact this is the only breeder RPg that still has older Pokemon past the first two games is pleasing to the older fan base enough. Why do people equate older Pokemon=Pleasing older fan base?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.