• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Have we gotten screenshots of any full in-game towns or routes yet?

Um no, I don't think so. In fact, our best bet when it comes to full images of the Isshu towns and routes would be via some sort of guidebook scan as was the case with full images from Diamond and Pearl back in 2006. I think we can expect the same thing this time for Black and White so I'd say wait a few weeks :p

Ungoliath

Not a GenWunner
My one worry is that it doesn't look like poor ole' erufunn gets much in the way of stat-boosters outside of growth. I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised, but it seems like such a waste of a great pokemon/ability. (here's to hoping she learns Calm Mind or Bulk up, because if she does... she will be a monster)

Also, yeah, the stats listed keep changing, now Agirudaan is listed with 145 speed again. Also, he has Unburden, and 100 Special attack, and a movepool boasting Bug Buzz and recover. <3 ninja clams.
No worries, there is plenty TM's that works under Stat Changes. Which makes me wonder if there is any list yet of who learns what TM.

And well, I guess we will have to wait a few days until we can fully trust the Pokedex of the websites. And yeah, lately I'm a fond of that Pokemon and Shubarugo. And I never, ever liked Bug Pokemon.

Wordy

#FlorrieSlayage2014
No worries, there is plenty TM's that works under Stat Changes. Which makes me wonder if there is any list yet of who learns what TM.

And well, I guess we will have to wait a few days until we can fully trust the Pokedex of the websites. And yeah, lately I'm a fond of that Pokemon and Shubarugo. And I never, ever liked Bug Pokemon.

List of who learns what TM in my sig under TMs and HMs. Link here.

Slimslamer

Once again, sig.

Linky

Ahh, thanks. Well, now I'm curious about how Troll works. Does it raise Erufunn's attack or special attack or both, and is the raise permanent? Can you stack trolls?

Also, is there any chance of a move tutor in B/W that could teach poor Erufunn anything that could raise her defense? Her defensive stats aren't terrible, but her HP really does her in. There's a decent amount of strategy to be had with her movepool, but nothing that would be a legitimate threat. I fear she might be relegate to the position of just another NU-caliber grass type. (Note that I don't play competitivly, citing tiers is just a convient way to cite strength)

warnerbroman

the Blue trainer
New pokeball? think someone by now went to the store and purchased some.

Ungoliath

Not a GenWunner
Troll is interesting. So if my 6 Pokemon has Troll I wonder how much I gain to base attack . Or if it's only Pokemon in battle.

Slimslamer

YES! Erufunn gets Cotton Guard, which sharply raises defense. This is almost perfect! Lets just see what troll does, because it may just be a dealmaker!

Edit: Btw, what does 'Growth' do, does it raise Attack and Special Attack or what?
edit 2: I just wish Erufunn had Calm mind, calm mind erufunn would have massacred.

Last edited:

MegaTravis

Pokemon Trainer
So what is the GTS like in these games?

hiou2

High-ohw-you-too
So what is the GTS like in these games?

well I heard from one source they had some minor differences apart from the obvious fact that its located in the Pokemon centre now, but Im not sure what else is new.... you still have to see the pokemon before you can ask for it

zaza

Would someone possibly be able to explain the Dream World/ Pokemon Global Link? As in, are pokemon such as Lugia and other rarer pokemon available through it? When in the game are we able to access the Global Link? Any info on this would be awesome...

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Does BW have foreign dex entries? Because I remember people saying we might be able to get some English names that way.

BCVM22

Because I remember people saying we might be able to get some English names that way.

You can't access what likely doesn't exist yet, unless you believe that all 156 official English names were decided upon months ago, early enough for them to be included in these games despite them not releasing internationally for another six months.

You see the unlikelihood here, I'm sure.

ForeverFlame

Does BW have foreign dex entries? Because I remember people saying we might be able to get some English names that way.

I don't think so, for that very same reason.

DP only had foreign entries for certain Pokemon because not every region was localized yet, but Platinum and HGSS rectified it thankfully.

Chimchar15

One thing that I like about these games are the fact that you don't need a gym badge to use an HM. Also the fact that you only really need Fly and Surf to get through the main game. At least that's what people are saying.

du1387

Exploring Sinnoh
Any confirmation on new forms we're getting? I know hihidaruma (or however you spell it) has that fire/psychic form, and the bird has a separate form, but anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.