• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimchar15

I did a count of the number of each type, if anyone's interested. This is not including alternate forms by the way.

Bug: 19
Dark: 16
Dragon: 10
Electric: 11
Fighting: 15
Fire: 14
Flying: 18
Ghost: 9
Grass: 20
Ground: 11
Ice: 7
Normal: 17
Poison: 7
Psychic: 15
Rock: 10
Steel: 12
Water: 17

And here are the new type combinations, not including swapped ones, e.g fire/flying instead of flying/fire.

Bug/Electric
Bug/Fire
Ground/Dark
Dark/Fighting
Dark/Steel
Dark/Dragon
Dragon/Fire
Dragon/Electric
Dragon/Ice
Ground/Electric
Rock/Fighting
Ghost/Fire
Psychic/Fire
Water/Ghost
Normal/Grass
Grass/Steel
Flying

Fire has 15 new Pokemon:
Victini
Pokabu
Chaobuu
Enbuoo
Baoppu
Baokki
Darumakka
Hihidaruma
Hitomoshi
Ranpuraa
Shanderaa
Kuitaran
Meraruba
Urugamosu
Reshiram

Also I only count 18 bugs.

Charzonsos

Fire/Dragon Trainer
Question
Are you put in the Hall of Fame after beating Elite Four the first time where N interrupt before you fight the champion, or do you have to beat it again after beating the game?

FireEmblemAddict

運命なんか死人の言い訳だ
Wow its really surprising how the water type is not the most common in this generation, as it has been in past generations. I'm glad!

~Dragon_Master~

The Next Legend
@Chimchar Everyone makes mistakes ;P

Clay Psyduck

Dynamax Luigi
I sat down and counted the amount of pokemon for each type (double types obviously counted twice) for each generation for comparison.

I counted both Shaymins, all 17 Arceus, all 3 Wormadam in 4th gen (because they all change types, while Pokemon like Giratina do not), I counted the Rotom forms towards 5th gen (because that was when they got their new types; However, I count their electric half towards 4th gen) and I counted Magnemite's steel type in 2nd gen (since it wasn't in 1st gen).

Type: G1/ G2 / G3 / G4 / G5

Bug: 12 / 10 / 14 / 12 / 18
Dark: 0 / 6 / 10 / 8 / 16
Dragon: 3 / 1 / 9 / 7 / 10
Electric: 9 / 8 / 4 / 12 / 11
Fighting: 8 / 3 / 7 / 8 / 16
Fire: 12 / 10 / 6 / 6 / 17
Flying: 19 / 19 / 12 / 16 / 19
Ghost: 3 / 1 / 6 / 9 / 9
Grass: 14 / 10 / 17 / 16 / 21
Ground: 14 / 10 / 13 / 12 / 11
Ice: 5 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8
Normal: 24 / 20 / 18 / 18 / 18
Poison: 33 / 4 / 5 / 9 / 7
Psychic: 14 / 10 / 20 / 10 / 16
Rock: 11 / 7 / 12 / 8 / 10
Steel: 0 / 6 / 9 / 12 / 12
Water: 32 / 18 / 28 / 15 / 18

EDIT: I updated Normal, Fighting, Fire and Psychic because of Meloetta's and Hihidaruma's alternate formes.

Also, the top 3 most common for each gen are as follows:
1st Gen: Poison, Water, Normal
2nd Gen: Normal, Flying, Water
3rd Gen: Water, Normal, Grass
4th Gen: Normal, Grass/Flying, Water
5th Gen: Grass, Water/Normal/Bug, Dark/Fighting/Psychic

The 3 LEAST common types for each gen are:
1st Gen (excluding Steel and Dark): Dragon/Ghost, Ice, Fighting
2nd Gen: Dragon/Ghost, Fighting, Poison
3rd Gen: Electric, Poison, Ice/Ghost/Fire
4th Gen: Fire, Dragon/Ice, Dark/Fighting/Rock
5th Gen: Poison, Ice, Ghost

If someone wants to correct me if I am wrong, by all means. It got hard to keep track.

Last edited:

Rhonin the wizard

I guess this is the right place to post this.

Sales for Pokemon Black/White have been announced, Enterbrain has them at 2,637,285 units, while Media Crate says 2,557,779 units. These numbers are just for 2 days.

This makes Pokemon Black/White have the biggest opening in Japan.

Here are first week numbers of past games for comparison, numbers from Enterbrain.
[PS1] Final Fantasy VIII (Square) - 2.504.044
[NDS] Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (Square Enix) - 2.343.440
[PS2] Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (Square Enix) - 2.236.881
[PS1] Final Fantasy VII (Square) - 2.034.879
[PS1] Final Fantasy IX (Square) - 1.954.421

[NGB] Pokemon Red / Green / Blue (Nintendo) - 140.074
[NGB] Pokemon Yellow (Nintendo) - 851.091
[NGB] Pokemon Gold / Silver (Nintendo) - 1.425.768
[NGB] Pokemon Crystal (Nintendo) - 707.580
[GBA] Pokemon Ruby / Sapphire (Pokemon Co.) - 1.245.003
[GBA] Pokemon Fire Red / Leaf Green (Pokemon Co.) - 955.337
[GBA] Pokemon Emerald (Pokemon Co.) - 643.987
[NDS] Pokemon Diamond / Pearl (Pokemon Co.) - 1.586.360
[NDS] Pokemon Platinum (Pokemon Co.) - 967.675
[NDS] Pokemon Heart Gold / Soul Silver (Pokemon Co.) - 1.408.980
[NDS] Pokemon Black / White (Pokemon Co.) - 2.637.285

Slowemperor

Villain in training
Is it just me or pokemon are evolving at higher levels? I mean, Stages 2 usually appeared at 30ish, now is at 40ish and higher, with Stage 1 coming on the 30ish and beyond... The starters keep the patern but the rest...
I might be looking at the wrong samples but when I checked my option for an hipotetical team this was the idea i got. Might it be because leveling is faster (in means of gyms, like there is a higher difference between gym leaders)?

I can't believe that the bull pokemon and the pink fish thing arent evolutions of tuaros or luvdisc. And how come maggyo (is it right name?) is a ground and eletric type pokemon yet it is a flat or mud fish how come it isn't a water type pokemon???!!!! God nintendo have messed up a little this time. Thank God there are some good pokemon go.

BCVM22

It's Ground because it hides in the dirt at the bottom of a body of water, Electric because it'll put a hurtin' on you if you step on it. Sometimes the types have to be used to get the important parts of the concept across instead of an automatic "fish = Water".

And no, Nintendo hasn't screwed anything up. See if you can figure out why.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
It's Ground because it hides in the dirt at the bottom of a body of water, Electric because it'll put a hurtin' on you if you step on it. Sometimes the types have to be used to get the important parts of the concept across instead of an automatic "fish = Water".

And no, Nintendo hasn't screwed anything up. See if you can figure out why.
Well, it is in the Water 1 breeding group. I find that a little weird, since fish are typically in the Water 2 group, but some fish have found themselves in Water 1 as opposed to Water 2, so I'm definitely not complaining about it now.

But you have to give this person some credit. At least they didn't say the whole franchise is dead.

Edit: I guess while I'm at it, I'll ask again. What happens if time is up in the Pokemon catching mini-game that allows you to transport Pokemon?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
This makes Pokemon Black/White have the biggest opening in Japan.

Amazing. I just took a look at all the numbers and I'm seriously amazed that so many units have been sold so far. It means that the marketing people at Nintendo did a great job promoting these latest games and these numbers show that their hard work finally paid off. I'm just glad that Pokemon Black and White have already broken so many records despite both just being a few days old :p

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I find it kind of funny that at GameFAQs, there's always an uproar when Pokémon sales numbers come in shortly after a game gets released or Pikachu advances even one round in their summer voting tournaments. How many Pokémon games have to achieve blockbuster status for those guys to see the pattern?

Ememew

Emerald Mew
Non-Water fish isn't that weird, is it?
There are non-Flying birds (Torchic, Piplup), so why shouldn't there be non-Water fish?

To me, at least, a non-Water fish seems a little more inventive than a water one. Plus, you can't just rely on one move (Thunderbolt, for example) to kill everything you bump into while surfing. Just requires a little extra moveset forethought before you take to the high seas.

nikohesus

Banned
Guys, Kyremu is the third legendary, correct?

I did some research, kuromu is the japanese name for chrome. Geru is the japanese name for gray. Kyremu also has chrome and grey elements.

Perhaps the third version could be chrome or gray?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Non-Water fish isn't that weird, is it?
There are non-Flying birds (Torchic, Piplup), so why shouldn't there be non-Water fish?

To me, at least, a non-Water fish seems a little more inventive than a water one. Plus, you can't just rely on one move (Thunderbolt, for example) to kill everything you bump into while surfing. Just requires a little extra moveset forethought before you take to the high seas.

Will there be anything resistant to Grass while Surfing? The halibut will be quite the bump if you're trying to tear through with Electric Pokémon, but it is still total fodder for Grass-types.

That lamprey has no weakness though, and it appears to be pretty strong.

nikohesus

Banned
That lamprey has no weakness though, and it appears to be pretty strong.

Any move or ability that prevents abilities from being used will take care of the lamprey, it only has levitate. Although I suspect it becoming OU- fast.

ForeverFlame

Derpfish is Electric/Ground because Gamefreak wants to troll people who think they can get away with always using Electric attacks on fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.