• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clay Psyduck

Dynamax Luigi
The only way the 3rd game won't be Grey/Gray is if they pull a GSC/DPPt, where Crystal goes with Diamond/Pearl and Platinum goes with Gold/Silver (as far as logical groupings).

So if it was something like "Chrome", then that means down the line, there will probably be a Grey/Gray, but it will likely go with two things that would be better associated with Chrome.

As for getting to 1,000 Pokemon, let's look at it this way (using Japanese release years):
- 151 (1996)
- 251 (1999)
- 386 (2002)
- 493 (2006)
- 649 (2010)

With an average of 130 Pokemon every 3ish years, we should be at 1000 within 3 more generations (Gen 8) by around 2020.

This is, of course, just a guesstimation.

Also, if a 3rd game were to release, it would be at least 2 years later, as is the norm (except Crystal, which was only one year). If we get RSEmakes, those would probably come the year AFTER the 3rd game (like HGSS after Platinum; though Emerald was out the same year as FRLG in Japan).

ForeverFlame

In my opinion, Gen VI will be another small generation like the second and fourth generations. I'm predicting right now that there will be 102 new Pokemon, and twenty of them will be new evolutions and pre-evolutions (mostly to Gen IV and V Pokemon).

But we're still on track to hit 1000 by Gen VIII. The National Dex will be a nightmare by that time.

Clay Psyduck

Dynamax Luigi
In my opinion, Gen VI will be another small generation like the second and fourth generations. I'm predicting right now that there will be 102 new Pokemon, and twenty of them will be new evolutions and pre-evolutions (mostly to Gen IV and V Pokemon).

But we're still on track to hit 1000 by Gen VIII. The National Dex will be a nightmare by that time.

Yeah, it's so weird how we're going to go from a completely new generation, to what will probably be the equivalent to Gen 2 for Gen 6.

I don't even know what's going to happen. Or how I plan to complete a Pokedex with 700-800 Pokemon in it.

R_N

To be fair, they haven't done the "GOTTA CATCH EM ALL" tagline since gen 3, so getting all the Pokemon hasn't really been relavent to anyone but people who really, really want 100% completion.

Like me. I will probably collect 1000 Pokemon 3 times in Gen 7 D:

AZX612

On my own here we go
1000? Wow, watch the last Pokemon be either

1: Worse than Magikarp
2: Every hackers dream with like, 1000 of every Stat, IV, EV, and PP for moves and can learn every single move ever.

And If Nintendo just wants to play a horrible prank on Hackers to teach them a lesson,

3: A Pokemon that will crash the Game.

Clay Psyduck

Dynamax Luigi
The Pokemon I caught last in Diamond was either Gliscor or Heatran. I forget. I think Heatran. Because I made a big deal over how much I hated it.

In HeartGold, I have purposely not caught Rattata or Raticate yet, but have 260+ Pokemon.

Gold/Silver18

Fan since Gen 1!
Can someone please describe the concept of the Dream World for me?

Will basically every non-legendary Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh Pokemon be obtainable?

Thanks

Toonpenguin

Is it confirmed as if you can use a english 4th gen game with the Japaense black and white and be able to use the pokeshifter?

ForeverFlame

Can someone please describe the concept of the Dream World for me?

Will basically every non-legendary Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh Pokemon be obtainable?

Thanks

Every KJHS Pokemon will be available, including Legendaries. I'm a bit confused myself, but basically the Dream World is a game on the computer that you can play. You can grow berries, trade items, and encounter Pokemon from all five generations. The majority of those Pokemon have brand-new abilities, and some of them are quite game-breaking.

Gold/Silver18

Fan since Gen 1!
Every KJHS Pokemon will be available, including Legendaries. I'm a bit confused myself, but basically the Dream World is a game on the computer that you can play. You can grow berries, trade items, and encounter Pokemon from all five generations. The majority of those Pokemon have brand-new abilities, and some of them are quite game-breaking.

Thanks for the response.

I'm just a bit confused about Dream World, because I'm reading different things. I've read that all Pokemon would be obtainable, but then I've read others say that certain Pokemon will only be available in wi-fi events within the dream world..or something to that effect..

So we'll actually be able to obtain legendary Pokemon such as Mew, Celebi etc..? Unfortunately, I doubt that.

R_N

You can, indeed, obtain those event legendaries. However, most of the rarer ones will probably be "unlocked" via special codes ala the starters & eevees.

Also the dream world stuff can only be done once a day.

Gold/Silver18

Fan since Gen 1!
You can, indeed, obtain those event legendaries. However, most of the rarer ones will probably be "unlocked" via special codes ala the starters & eevees.

Very cool. So every day there will be a random number of Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh Pokemon that will be obtainable in this Dream World?

And also, this may be a stupid question..but is Dream World also going to be available in the North American version of the games? I would assume so, but just making sure.

Thanks!

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer

Speaking of the Dream World... any word on when thats going back online?

Also, you can only catch one Pokemon per day? wtf? Can you at least SR it to get a good nature...? >_>

Aurath8

Despite a lot of items from the 4th gen appearing in Isshu, I still think it's a bad move. No cloning! T_T
And if TM renumbering is a problem then ban TMs only.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
It's a real pity that you can't transfer Pokemon from previous games until you get the National Dex guess they want you to try the newer Pokemon first. I really wanted to transfer my Buneary, Ralts, and Vulpix and play through the whole game with them. And evolve them of course!

R_N

It's a real pity that you can't transfer Pokemon from previous games until you get the National Dex guess they want you to try the newer Pokemon first. I really wanted to transfer my Buneary, Ralts, and Vulpix and play through the whole game with them. And evolve them of course!
This is why they let the Pokeshifter only be post National dex
Speaking of the Dream World... any word on when thats going back online?

Also, you can only catch one Pokemon per day? wtf? Can you at least SR it to get a good nature...? >_>

No, I said you can only go to the Dream World once a day.
That =/= catching only one Pokemon.

Umbreon9

It's been a while...
Hooray for Luxray!

Not exactly sure if this belongs here, but...

:club:
LUXRAY GETS WILD BOLT??!
Yes! Guess who I'm going to transfer to Pokemon Black?
;403; ;404; ;405;
Too bad I have to wait forever for it to release here AND I'll have to get the national dex... T_T

I haven't found any information about this anywhere. Are Black and White confirmed have a Game Corner? If so, does it contain the slot machines like normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.