• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponge

Anyone think it would have been great if in Unity Tower you also had the opportunity to battle each trainer you've traded with? (as a CPU opponent)

Maybe it could have taken a team from the battle box (or whatever was in their main team at the time of the trade if they had no battle box team)

1ee7leader

Why is there a random French Trainer on Route 11(?).

KickAsh

halted development
As I stated in other threads no gym leaders were easier than the Sinnoh gym leaders. Seriously they were just pathetic.
And the Elite Four...the highest Pokemon on the first run-through (not counting N) is a measly level 50. The second time you face them is the real challenge.

R_N

And the Elite Four...the highest Pokemon on the first run-through (not counting N) is a measly level 50. The second time you face them is the real challenge.

You say "measly" but your Pokemon are probably going to be lower, even by the time you get to them. That's the thing about "low" levels, your Pokemon will still be comparable.

They can be tough, too, if you're not careful. Especially the final two fights.

Blueysicle

Master Procratinator
You say "measly" but your Pokemon are probably going to be lower, even by the time you get to them. That's the thing about "low" levels, your Pokemon will still be comparable.

Yeah, unless you make it a point to level grind, you're Pokemon's levels are probably gonna be lower than the E4's; by the time I reached the Pokemon League my team was on average about Lv. 45.

N and Ghetsis can be a pain, especially if you underestimate them. N's Zoroark alone took out half of my team. But as much as I've heard horror stories over Ghetsis' Hydreigon, I managed to defeat that one in two Brick Breaks from my Scrafty who was four levels lower than it. Mainly because Hydreigon's Focus Blasts kept missing. :p

Xman96

Fighting Leader
I realized how annoying Zoroark can be. It was illusioned as Klinklang, and I used a fire move on it. I was like o_O when it didn't knock it out. Then it became Zoroark. >.>

Cobalt_Latios

I don't know... haven't fought them yet, but by the looks of things, they have all their "weaknesses" covered.

Which is what I'm partially doing some extra leveling up for.

I managed to get my Serperior to level 55. But I plan on getting it at least level 56-57 on purpose.

And that's basically what I'm getting myself ready for. Those final fights. Making sure I have a good roster that I can easily switch between E4 and well, "endgame".

N and Ghetsis can be a pain, especially if you underestimate them. N's Zoroark alone took out half of my team. But as much as I've heard horror stories over Ghetsis' Hydreigon, I managed to defeat that one in two Brick Breaks from my Scrafty who was four levels lower than it. Mainly because Hydreigon's Focus Blasts kept missing. :p
That's actually quite reassuring for me. I actually plan on sweeping most of Ghetsis's team with a Scrafty, but it ain't an ordinary one. Nope, this one has both Dragon Dance and Dragon Claw... although DC was a bonus. Really, once Cofagrigus starts it, I'm going to start using Dragon Dance, then proceed to start picking off most of his team this way.

Though, I am tempting to swap Brick Break with Hi Jump Kick. Mainly because my Scrafty keeps getting KOd by them from wild Scraggy.

Also, since seeing enough videos, I sort of know what to expect. So KlingKlang won't be a surprise to me.

/CL

Last edited:

Chaos Rush

I do agree that the Gyms were ridiculously easy - they were easier than the pathetic leaders that HG/SS had! I beat the Elite Four today, and I thought they were reasonably challenging, and the final battle was actually really hard. Especially comparing it to previous "final bosses". This might have been my fault for not having any Ice moves, but that Lv54 blue and black three-headed dragon thing (sorry I haven't learned all the names yet) was insanely overpowered - it knocked out most of my entire team in one hit, and one Dragon Pulse took out more than half of my Zekrom's HP.

EDIT: Anyone else kinda wish the levels were higher? Low levels have always bugged me about G/S/C, and B/W's levels are almost as low. I mean, in R/G/B/Y the Champion goes up to Lv65, in R/S/E it's Lv58, in D/P it's Lv66, in Platinum it's Lv62, but in G/S/C it's only Lv50, and in B/W the "Champion" (the equivalent anyway) is only up to Lv54. (but the final boss was admittedly really hard. I restarted because I felt like I rushed the storyline, but the one trainer I faced after the E4 had a whopping Lv65 Gulpin, I felt suddenly underleveled).

Last edited:

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
You want challenging, Route 15 post League, there's a pokemon trainer who's Altaria abuses Cotton Guard, it got the best of me the first time but I ended up Swords Dancing my Haxorus and Samurott to take it down

But the Elite 4 rematch and Cynthia are probably the hardest things in the game

Hopefully the 3rd version will have Gym Leader Rematches

KickAsh

halted development

I've been grinding, though, so most of my team is already at level 50, and my Krookodile and Vanilluxe are at level 51. And I said measly because (level wise) in comparison to past Elite Fours, Unova's league really is that. In D/P, the lowest leveled Pokemon was 53. The lowest level was 3 levels higher than the Unova league's highest leveled. But I know they can be tough, that's why I'm still on my guard. It is the Elite Four, after all.

And yeah, I looked up Ghetsis' team on Bulbapedia awhile back, and he definitely seems like a threat. N does, too, although mostly because I don't think my Vanilluxe will be able to deal with Zekrom.

they were easier than the pathetic leaders that HG/SS had!
Yeah HG/SS was...not difficult, to say the least.

I don't know... haven't fought them yet, but by the looks of things, they have all their "weaknesses" covered.

Which is what I'm partially doing some extra leveling up for.
I see what you mean. Just for example, Marshall's team. His Throh Sawk, and Conkeldurr all know Stone Edge, and his Mienshao knows Rock Slide, so that pretty much eliminates any chance I have of using Victini against them. It also eliminates any chance of using a Flying-type. So yeah, it probably will be a tough fight.

Last edited:

Blueysicle

Master Procratinator
Oddly enough, in my battle against him, N sent out his Zoroark as a Zoroark, not disguised as any of his other Pokemon. 0_o

That's actually quite reassuring for me. I actually plan on sweeping most of Ghetsis's team with a Scrafty, but it ain't an ordinary one. Nope, this one has both Dragon Dance and Dragon Claw... although DC was a bonus. Really, once Cofagrigus starts it, I'm going to start using Dragon Dance, then proceed to start picking off most of his team this way.

As much as my Scrafty is awesome, I have to admit I'm not sure how he would have fared against Hydreigon had those Focus Blasts connected. I might have simply gotten lucky, or maybe my Scrafty would have done alright regardless.

This might have been my fault for not having any Ice moves, but that Lv54 blue and black three-headed dragon thing (sorry I haven't learned all the names yet) was insanely overpowered

And the ironic thing is Ghetsis' Hydreigon is underleveled. Zweilous doesn't evolve into Hydreigon until Lv. 64.

Cobalt_Latios

I do agree that the Gyms were ridiculously easy - they were easier than the pathetic leaders that HG/SS had!
Some of the gyms in Black and White can be challenging if you're team isn't set for it. As was the case for me. But yes, once your team is set for it, it's ridiculous. I am especially amazed that the last gym leader's level range isn't even in the mid 40's. Hell, I would have been happy with a level 46 Haxorus sweeping my team, if it meant something to give me a challenge!

I beat the Elite Four today, and I thought they were reasonably challenging, and the final battle was actually really hard. Especially comparing it to previous "final bosses". This might have been my fault for not having any Ice moves, but that Lv54 blue and black three-headed dragon thing (sorry I haven't learned all the names yet) was insanely overpowered - it knocked out most of my entire team in one hit, and one Dragon Pulse took out more than half of my Zekrom's HP.
Yeah, Ghetsis's Hydreigon tends to be considered hax for a whole bunch of different reasons. First being that it's at level 54 when it doesn't evolve to Hydreigon until 64. And, being of the Dark/Dragon typing means that it's quite resilient to most of what you probably used for the E4 in the first place. Assuming of course you didn't change your main team up all that much.

EDIT: Anyone else kinda wish the levels were higher? Low levels have always bugged me about G/S/C, and B/W's levels are almost as low. I mean, in R/G/B/Y the Champion goes up to Lv65
I'll be honest, first time playing Fire Red, it did actually irk me that E4 was a good 10 levels above what you fought as your last gym leader. I don't care if Victory Road was supposed to get you around there, what the hell is the idea with having the E4 start there?

in R/S/E it's Lv58
I think RSE got the levels right, IMO. They were well staggered and allowed for relative ease when taking on the E4. Although... the first guy isn't really that high to begin with, but at least it goes up in decent increments.

in D/P it's Lv66
Considering what happens there, and the massive gap between Eterna and Veilstone, that probably did something right there.

in Platinum it's Lv62,
Not sure about this one though.

but in G/S/C it's only Lv50
Considering there's 2 regions, that was part of the reason they had to stagger the levels a bit.

and in B/W the "Champion" (the equivalent anyway) is only up to Lv54. (but the final boss was admittedly really hard. I restarted because I felt like I rushed the storyline, but the one trainer I faced after the E4 had a whopping Lv65 Gulpin, I felt suddenly underleveled).
For the E4, part of why it is the way it is, is because you can choose the order you want to fight them in.

Haven't fought them yet, but I do plan on doing that very soon.

edit:
And yeah, I looked up Ghetsis' team on Bulbapedia awhile back, and he definitely seems like a threat. N does, too, although mostly because I don't think my Vanilluxe will be able to deal with Zekrom.
I have a Reshiram to deal with. I think I'll manage, I just gotta be very weary about Fire Type moves... unless of course I decide to use Chandelure against it. All things considered, that may happen.

I also have a Scrafty that could probably take it out with Dragon Claw, and a Haxorus, but I'd probably have to Dragon Dance at least once to be able to take him on properly. On that note, I'm getting myself an Elektross armed with Dragon Claw.

Yeah HG/SS was...not difficult, to say the least.
Only problem I had was with Chuck. And even then, it was because of my team layout. Claire was actually easy thanks to both my Gyarados (Ice Fang is a blessing), and my Lucario (sent over from Platinum, it learned Dragon Pulse in the nick of time).

I see what you mean. Just for example, Marshall's team. His Throh Sawk, and Conkeldurr all know Stone Edge, and his Mienshao knows Rock Slide, so that pretty much eliminates any chance I have of using Victini against them. It also eliminates any chance of using a Flying-type. So yeah, it probably will be a tough fight.
I'm not entirely that worried, mind you. Both my Sigilyph and Archeops can outspeed them, except perhaps Mienshao. But I have a Serperior armed with Aerial Ace that could come in handy for that.

As much as my Scrafty is awesome, I have to admit I'm not sure how he would have fared against Hydreigon had those Focus Blasts connected. I might have simply gotten lucky, or maybe my Scrafty would have done alright regardless.
Yeah, I seem to have had good luck with my Zoroark chucking out Focus Blast... so you may have just gotten lucky. Considering a Scraggy about 10 levels lower than my very own Scrafty can take it out using HJK, that does sort of bother me. And this is a Pokemon with surprisingly heavy Defenses.

/CL

Last edited:

Grei

not the color
Though, I am tempting to swap Brick Break with Hi Jump Kick. Mainly because my Scrafty keeps getting KOd by them from wild Scraggy.

It's worth it. For the amount of times my Scrafty has missed and crashed (which is not very often), the ability to sweep entire teams with Hi Jump Kick and Bulk Up + Moxie boost makes it very much worth it. Hi Jump Kick doesn't miss that often, and when it does, if Scrafty isn't on the verge of fainting, HJK crashing will not make it automatically KO itself.

Cobalt_Latios

It's worth it. For the amount of times my Scrafty has missed and crashed (which is not very often), the ability to sweep entire teams with Hi Jump Kick and Bulk Up + Moxie boost makes it very much worth it. Hi Jump Kick doesn't miss that often, and when it does, if Scrafty isn't on the verge of fainting, HJK crashing will not make it automatically KO itself.
Yeah, I have it on my other Scrafty. The one I'm currently using (the DD and DC one), doesn't have it, but I'll probably do so once I get my secondary training done. Also, my Scrafty has Shed Skin, and considering what I'm "making" it for, it shall serve it's purpose well.

But, I do have an Adamant Scraggy with Moxie... so I'll probably try that out and see how lethal it can be.

/CL

Chimchar15

Wait I'm talking about SINNOH not Unova. The sinnoh gym leaders were the easiest of any Pokemon game. Their elite four was actually not to bad but still as a whole sucked.

Edit: For Marshal I just used my Simisage with Acrobatics to handle him. His Throh was the most annoying out of all his Pokemon.

Last edited:

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
I beat Skyla this morning - literally in three hits, one per 'mon. I take that less to do with her being pathetic though as it is me being overleveled. XP Literally level 40-43. Yay Lucky Egg!

Funny thing I noticed. If you trade and in the trade you recieve a Pokémon with your OT (you're given one of yours, in other words), the message when you get it says 'Welcome Back!' Cute.

Speaking of which, I have a Shelmet to evolve...

KickAsh

halted development
It probably would've done fine. Base 115 Sp.Def isn't exactly easy take down, although Scrafty's low HP ensures that there would definitely have been a struggle.

Note: My Scrafty has Shed Skin, and it definitely deserves some credit as a viable ability.

I have a Reshiram to deal with. I think I'll manage, I just gotta be very weary about Fire Type moves... unless of course I decide to use Chandelure against it. All things considered, that may happen.
Maybe Archeops/Carracosta would be a good choice?
Reshiram is weak to Rock, and both of those 'mons can deliver STAB Rock Slide and Stone Edge.
My plan is use Serperior's Coil+Dragon Tail. Serperior can outspeed Zekrom, so I think it might survive a hit or maybe two while it uses Coil, and then deliver a mighty Dragon Tail. If that doesn't work, I'll slap Rock Slide or Rock Tomb on Krookodile and pray.

I'm not entirely that worried, mind you. Both my Sigilyph and Archeops can outspeed them, except perhaps Mienshao. But I have a Serperior armed with Aerial Ace that could come in handy for that.
Victini, my resident Psychic-type, can outspeed his Throh, Sawk, and Conkeldurr, although I question how much damage its Zen Headbutt would do. Zen Headbutt isn't exactly the cream of the Psychic attack crop, although I guess I can hope for flinching and critical hits.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.