• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Speculation/Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedMage23

The Red Mage
repeatin' my post here but: Arceus is based on Pangu, born when the forces of Yin and Yang balanced. R@m may be above Arceus.

Hmmm... didn't consider that. Interesting, very interesting.

R_N

You may have a point, but these Pokemon are very real, and the creation "myths" have plenty of evidence in the real (Pokemon) world. It's actually not too hard to see how they might fit together. Arceus created the universe, Groudon and Kyogre carved out the features, Regigigas pulled the continents together. It's possible that each set of legendaries had a greater effect on their respective regions than anywhere else, but I like to think of them in a more universal way.

Shaping the seas and land (as in Kyogre and Groudon) is quite a different task from creating all Time, Space, and Antimatter (Arceus and the Dragon Trio), no?

While they certainly do have a lot of power, there's also evidence that they don't have as much power as you think. Cynthia has a conversation with you in Platinum where she theorizes that the ancient Sinnoh people saw Dialga's Roar of Time & Palkia's Spacial Rend, and saw them as literally controlling/ruling Time & Space respectively, when in all likelihood they're just super strong Pokemon who can slightly bend Time & Space.

You'll note that none of the legends ever interact with other region's myths. The closest came when Sinnoh & Johto people met and passed their dances to one another, but it's never anything like "Arceus created Kyogre & Groudon and so there was land and sea. Also he made Rayquaza to keep check because come on he's got better things to do"

edit: Basically my point is that its supposed to be slightly ambiguous.

Ememew

Emerald Mew
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the post that started this referring to Kyurem possibly being the "original" in terms of being the single Pokemon the brothers had before splitting into Reshiram and Zekrom (as opposed to Original in terms of being a creator/first Pokemon)?

Anyway, I agree that there's supposed to be some ambiguity in the creation myths of each region.

Though at this point (based on the info I have seen) I would consider the Reshiram/Zekrom myth to be more of a founding myth than a creation myth. It seems to talk about the origins of Isshu's settlement rather than of Isshu itself. In other words, like the Romulus and Remus founding of Rome rather than "in the beginning there was [insert creator myth here].

English names

First off, I cant believe they did ANOTHER Fire/Fighting starter combo. Anyway, here are some english names I think would fir pretty well:
Tsutarja- Mosnake (Moss + Snake) (Couldnt think of one)
Janobii- Graslither (Grass + Slither)
Jaroda- Tropiking (Tropical + King) (I picked that because it looks tropicaland like an anaconda which is the King of the jungle)
Pokabu- Pignite (Pig + Ignite) (I've seen this one before but I really like it)
Chaobuu- Chopig (Chop + Pig)
Emboar- Same (I kind of already like that one)
Mijumaru- Watyke (Water + Tyke) (I really couldnt think of one)
Futachimaru- Torter (Torrent + Otter)
Daikenki- Shellord (Shell + Lord)
Kibago- Tuskid (Tusk + Kid) (I've seen this one too and also liked it a lot)
Onondo- Dratusk (Dragon + Tusk) ( I couldn't think of one for this one either)
Ononokusu- Bladraco (Blade + Draco)
I cant think of anymore, so until next time, Peace out homiez.

RedMage23

The Red Mage
I will always call Tsutarja Smugleaf and Mijumaru Wotter

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
First off, I cant believe they did ANOTHER Fire/Fighting starter combo. Anyway, here are some english names I think would fir pretty well:
Jaroda- Tropiking (Tropical + King) (I picked that because it looks tropicaland like an anaconda which is the King of the jungle)

Oooh, I like Shellord.

ChillarmyArmy

Isshu, Here I come!

I love Bladraco, it really slips off the Tongue.

natie

Mr. F
It's implied in Sinnoh religion. Just like how Groudon & Kyogre are said to have shaped the world in Hoenn myth.

Creation myths are pretty neat, and they don't necessarily have to mesh with other region's myths.
Didn't Groudon and Kyogre just shape Hoenn's land and sea, or was it really the entire world?

Haunter ゴースト

Heres how i figured the pokemon universe to be.
Kyogre shaped the seas of the world. Groudon the Land. (Not sure if this is just in hoenn.
Rayquaza is around to stop their fighting.
Dialga and Palkia control time and space, whilst Arceus created Azelf, Uxie and Mesprit to control them.
Arceus supposedly created the world (Maybe just sinnoh not sure).
Mew has the dna of every living pokemon.
Now for Reshiram and Zekrom, im really not sure at the moment, their powers don't seem as farfetch'd as the usual legends lately (Basically Arceus lol), i prefer it, they seem to be more like Lugia and Ho-oh.

TheAncient

I always thought that This was it:
Arcues created the World (or something)
Then the Dragon Trio
Now that there something to work with, groudon and kyogre carved out the world while rayquaza monitered them
Regigigas was groudons little helper.
Azelf mesprit and uxie created the founding of sentient beings.
Mew was the original databank, carrying possibilities for pokemon species.
Most of the others add the final touches and details to the world.

RedMage23

The Red Mage
If The Pokemon Company names one of the Subway Masters Jared, I will love them forever.

mayaman2

Wargle: The avenger
Here's the Pokemon Myth:
Arceus made Mew to make the other Pokemon(non-legends)
Arceus made Kyogre and Groundon to make the land and sea.They stopped at Hoenn.
Arceus made Rayquaza to make and rule the air.
Arceus made Dialga, Palkia, and Girintina to rule Space, Time and World respectively.
Arceus made Lugia and Ho-oh to make and rule Fire and the controlling of Water.
Arceus made Serebii(I like that better) to be Dialga's time companion.
Arceus made Reshiam and Zekrom to balance out the world with the Yin and Yang.
Arceus made Kyremu for(unknown reason- I think to control Ice).
Arceus made all the Legendary Trios to keep the world in balance.
Arceus made Regigigas to control the Regis and pull the land masses that make the mainland.
Arceus made all the others to keep the world in balance-all legendarys that are the same type as the Element Masters are their helpers.

RedMage23

The Red Mage
Arceus made Serebii to educate the masses about the Pokemon world

fix'd

No here's the real story.

In the beginning Arceus created the heaven and the Pokearth. And the Pokearth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of Arceus moved upon the face of the waters. And Arceus said, Let there be light: and there was light. And Arceus saw the light, that it was good: and Arceus divided the light from the darkness. And Arceus called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. And Arceus said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. And Arceus made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. And Arceus called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day. And Arceus said, Let there be Kyogre to gather the waters unto one place, and let there be Groudon to make the dry land appear: and it was so. And Arceus called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and Arceus saw that it was good. And Arceus said, Let the Pokearth bring forth grass Pokemon, the herb yielding seed Pokemon, and the fruit tree yielding fruit Pokemon after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the Pokearth: and it was so. And the Pokearth brought forth grass Pokemon, and herb yielding seed Pokemon after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit Pokemon, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and Arceus saw that it was good. And the evening and the morning were the third day. And Arceus said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the Pokearth: and it was so. And Arceus made two great lights; Solrock to rule the day, and Lunatone to rule the night: he made the stars also. And Arceus set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the Pokearth, And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and Arceus saw that it was good. And the evening and the morning were the fourth day. And Arceus said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the Pokemon that hath life, and flying Pokemon that may fly above the Pokearth in the open firmament of heaven. And Arceus created great Wailmer, and every Pokemon that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged flying Pokemon after his kind: and Arceus saw that it was good. And Arceus blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and create Pokemon Eggs, and fill the waters in the seas, and let flying Pokemon multiply in the Pokearth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day. And Arceus said, Let the Pokearth bring forth the living creature after his kind, Tauros, and Bug Pokemon, and Ground Pokemon after his kind: and it was so. And Arceus made the Ground Pokemon after his kind, and Tauros after their kind, and Bug Pokemon after their kind: and Arceus saw that it was good.

mayaman2

fix'd

In the beginning Arceus created the heaven and the Pokearth. And the Pokearth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of Arceus moved upon the face of the waters. And Arceus said, Let there be light: and there was light. And Arceus saw the light, that it was good: and Arceus divided the light from the darkness. And Arceus called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. And Arceus said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. And Arceus made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. And Arceus called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day. And Arceus said, Let there be Kyogre to gather the waters unto one place, and let there be Groudon to make the dry land appear: and it was so. And Arceus called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and Arceus saw that it was good. And Arceus said, Let the Pokearth bring forth grass Pokemon, the herb yielding seed Pokemon, and the fruit tree yielding fruit Pokemon after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the Pokearth: and it was so. And the Pokearth brought forth grass Pokemon, and herb yielding seed Pokemon after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit Pokemon, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and Arceus saw that it was good. And the evening and the morning were the third day. And Arceus said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the Pokearth: and it was so. And Arceus made two great lights; Solrock to rule the day, and Lunatone to rule the night: he made the stars also. And Arceus set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the Pokearth, And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and Arceus saw that it was good. And the evening and the morning were the fourth day. And Arceus said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the Pokemon that hath life, and flying Pokemon that may fly above the Pokearth in the open firmament of heaven. And Arceus created great Wailmer, and every Pokemon that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged flying Pokemon after his kind: and Arceus saw that it was good. And Arceus blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and create Pokemon Eggs, and fill the waters in the seas, and let flying Pokemon multiply in the Pokearth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day. And Arceus said, Let the Pokearth bring forth the living creature after his kind, Tauros, and Bug Pokemon, and Ground Pokemon after his kind: and it was so. And Arceus made the Ground Pokemon after his kind, and Tauros after their kind, and Bug Pokemon after their kind: and Arceus saw that it was good.
You messed up lunitic, you just took the Bible and screwed it up. I'm a reglious kid, and that's offense. So, you sicko, before anyone else makes this crap, STOP. THINK OF WHAT YOU'RE DOING TO GOD AKA JEHOVAH.

Here's the Pokemon Myth:
Arceus made Mew to make the other Pokemon(non-legends)
Arceus made Kyogre and Groundon to make the land and sea.They stopped at Hoenn.
Arceus made Rayquaza to make and rule the air.
Arceus made Dialga, Palkia, and Girintina to rule Space, Time and World respectively.
Arceus made Lugia and Ho-oh to make and rule Fire and the controlling of Water.
Arceus made Serebii(I like that better) to be Dialga's time companion.
Arceus made Reshiam and Zekrom to balance out the world with the Yin and Yang.
Arceus made Kyremu for(unknown reason- I think to control Ice).
Arceus made all the Legendary Trios to keep the world in balance.
Arceus made Regigigas to control the Regis and pull the land masses that make the mainland.
Arceus made all the others to keep the world in balance-all legendarys that are the same type as the Element Masters are their helpers.
Alot of this is wrong as Ho-oh and Lugia doesn't controll anything. Also the Legendary beasts were made by Ho-oh and the Regis were made naturally.
fix'd

I thought this was funny, as the Arceus/Mew stuff is kinda like the real world's Religion/Evolution. Also this is internet,were everything is made fun of and nothing taked seriouslyif you are offended then stop read it. It was just a joke.

RedMage23

The Red Mage
Frankly, I think Arceus is just a fictional being created by hypocritical gym leaders who just want to control the trainers who can't think for themselves. We all know that Professor Oak wrote in his "Origin of Pokemon Species" that everything evolved from Mew. Why can't people stop being Mareep?

mayaman2

fix'd

You messed up lunitic, you just took the Bible and screwed it up. I'm a reglious kid, and that's offense. So, you sicko, before anyone else makes this crap, STOP. THINK OF WHAT YOU'RE DOING TO GOD AKA JEHOVAH.

Status
Not open for further replies.