• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Speculation/Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBK

Renegade Trainer
Not necessarily. Everyone is like "OMG LIGHT TYPZ!"

But realistically it could work. The only type that doesn't have a "supereffective" going for it is the normal type. Now the point of that is, that while taking X2 damage to fighting, it takes nuetral to everything else. Normal type has immunity to ghost though. You could easily put light type in there to where Normal is supereffective against light. And Light is nuetral to everything else. Or does supereffective to Dark, ect.

It COULD be implemented. But it WON'T be.

See? Right there is why it wouldn't work. It would realistically be only effective against Dark types. It would be neutral to everything else. That is a waste of a type right there. You would have to restructure the entire type chart to even remotely have a chance of it having a slight possibility of maybe working.

But I agree, it WON'T EVER HAPPEN.

roy_vos

Pkmn researcher
a probability of a Fossil type to come is even greater. change the Rock type of all Fossil pokemons, into Fossil. and keep the rest the same.

weak against Fight Ground and Steel.
and not Grass and Water for example
and Resistance for Normal, Fire, Poison and Flying.

a change for a little group of pokemon.

but even this will not happen. but i like it.

hmmm... or a Cosmos Type.. pokemon from out of Space like Deoxys.. Hmmm.. Cool but will not happen

a probability of a Fossil type to come is even greater. change the Rock type of all Fossil pokemons, into Fossil. and keep the rest the same.

weak against Fight Ground and Steel.
and not Grass and Water for example
and Resistance for Normal, Fire, Poison and Flying.

a change for a little group of pokemon.

but even this will not happen. but i like it.

hmmm... or a Cosmos Type.. pokemon from out of Space like Deoxys.. Hmmm.. Cool but will not happen

This is a great idea! *looks around for, "I Support Fossil Type!" sig banner*

Bardische

Elegance.
Guys, the Light type is never gonna happen. Just because the series had the ability to add Dark and Steel doesn't mean they should add more. The purpose of Dark and Steel was so psychic would become balanced against other types, because it was practically the best and powerful type of Generation I. So adding a Light type is impractical, very, very impractical.

The cosmos type? No. Never. Nu-uh. Nada nada. ZILCH. BLECH.

Neither is Fossil type gonna be made. Seriously, where do most of you come up with this stuff ^__^

Wadeledge

Till all are One
If everyone is so certain that there will be no new types why does everyone continue to discuss it? Because the reality it isn't as unlikely and impossible as people may think, the point would be to BALANCE types that already exist.

What types are the most underused/underpowered? Poison, Bug, and Fire (competitively at least). What types are most overused/overpowered? Ground, Dark, Electric, Dragon. All of these types fit these categories for different reasons so if they were to create a new type it would be to balance out the other types.

Let's pretend it's the "Light type" for now.

Super effective against:
Ground
Electric
Dragon
Ghost
Light

Resists:
Ground
Dragon
Dark

Not very effective against:
Bug
Poison
Fire
Dark
Steel

Weak against:
Bug
Poison
Fire
Light

The only Pokemon that already exist that should become ANY new type should be the ones that are mono-typed now and would benefit from a new type.

All hypothetical of course.

DBK

Renegade Trainer
If everyone is so certain that there will be no new types why does everyone continue to discuss it? Because the reality it isn't as unlikely and impossible as people may think, the point would be to BALANCE types that already exist.

What types are the most underused/underpowered? Poison, Bug, and Fire (competitively at least). What types are most overused/overpowered? Ground, Dark, Electric, Dragon. All of these types fit these categories for different reasons so if they were to create a new type it would be to balance out the other types.

The only Pokemon that already exist that should become ANY new type should be the ones that are mono-typed now and would benefit from a new type.

The types are already balanced, we just need better combos. Like Sheimi-Shaymin said, it's impractical. It is never going to happen.

squrtle

Dance with the Enemy
Ha... I had a dream the other day that Light-type Pkmn were confirmed to be in the games... And, personally, I'm not for or against them, so the news was just "Cool story bro" to me. :b

In any case, unless they are just placeholders, it appears as if Black and White MIGHT be recycling the Diamond/Pearl/Platinum sprites... as seen with Illusory Entei. Again, probably just placeholders like Giratina's old Origin Forme, but if they do, I wouldn't mind it. That could mean Mewtwo will get his superior DPPt sprites back, versus the horrendously anorexic HGSS version... Crossing fingers.
lol thats a cool story bro

lol thats also true, I dont think of it as being the new Gen 3, its like we've had more than 1 Gen 2. Let me exlpain

Gen 1: First ever
Gen 2: Not LOADS of new Pokemon, but just about enough seeing as it's a direct sequel.
Gen 3: DRASTIC changes. Graphical switch-over, new platform, 135 new pokemon, almost no continuation with Gen 1 & 2.
Gen 4: Almost like Gen 3, but with additional professor Oak and a stupid lack of New Pokemon in the main pokedex, some continuation and references to past Gens.
Gen 5: (Sounds Like) As many drastic changes as Gen 3, but with slightly updated Gen 4 graphics, on 4th Gen platform.

Game Freak, put Gen 5 on hold for now, get a 3DS game engine and do everything again please. We don't need another Gen 4, it was TERRIBLE.

Slavko

Swampert FTW
Not necessarily. Everyone is like "OMG LIGHT TYPZ!"

But realistically it could work. The only type that doesn't have a "supereffective" going for it is the normal type. Now the point of that is, that while taking X2 damage to fighting, it takes nuetral to everything else. Normal type has immunity to ghost though. You could easily put light type in there to where Normal is supereffective against light. And Light is nuetral to everything else. Or does supereffective to Dark, ect.

It COULD be implemented. But it WON'T be.
How do you find Light supereffective against Normal type? o_O

Bardische

Elegance.

You know, it was only imbalanced in the first generation because of the psychic-type. That's why generation two introduced Dark and Steel to give everything else a chance. In the current metagame, Alakazam is already UU. It was the best psychic type easily accessible in the games. Look at it. Not OU anymore.

Not necessarily underpowered, yeah? Just 'cause they don't have moves like Aura Sphere doesn't mean they suck in general? It's up to a player's own preference. In competitive play, however, most of these moves are not recommended to fight with, since in general, they are just one of the varieties of types a player can choose. Just because you don't see it everyday doesn't mean people don't like it, making it imbalanced.

Let's pretend it's the "Light type" for now.

Super effective against:
Ground
Electric
Dragon
Ghost
Light

Woah, that's too much!!

Resists:
Ground
Dragon
Dark

Wow.

Not very effective against:
Bug
Poison
Fire
Dark
Steel

Too much as well...even types who resist it.

Weak against:
Bug
Poison
Fire
Light

Gawd.

So what your are implying is Light is recommended to be created to benefit the increasing population of useless pokemon in the series? That is very bad, you know? It's up to the player's preference. No one's actually forcing you to not use Venomoth in your upcoming battles just because they say it sucks. Adding Light-type would actually imbalance everything more. The strategies are ever-changing in Generation shifts, and if they add another type, the whole order of competitive battling would have to be rehashed and type effectiveness and weaknesses would fall into disarray. Next thing you know, Magikarp is in the uber tier.

And once again, seriously, where do you guys come up with this stuff...

DBK

Renegade Trainer
lol thats Game Freak, put Gen 5 on hold for now, get a 3DS game engine and do everything again please. We don't need another Gen 4, it was TERRIBLE.

Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!

I thought we were over the whole "5th gen needs to be on 3Ds" nonsense? They want to utilize the full capacity of the DS before they change systems. B/W will do that beautifully.

Gen 5 is on it's own platform. Sure they use the best of Pt and HG/SS, but they polish those and add many new features, making it a whole new game.

So no.....bad squrtle.....

DBK

Renegade Trainer
So what your are implying is Light is recommended to be created to benefit the increasing population of useless pokemon in the series? That is very bad, you know? It's up to the player's preference. No one's actually forcing you to not use Venomoth in your upcoming battles just because they say it sucks. Adding Light-type would actually imbalance everything more. The strategies are ever-changing in Generation shifts, and if they add another type, the whole order of competitive battling would have to be rehashed and type effectiveness and weaknesses would fall into disarray. Next thing you know, Magikarp is in the uber tier.

Bolded mine.

But wouldn't that be hilarious?

*Magikarp uses splash!*
*Arceus faints!*
*It's super effective!*

lawl

roy_vos

Pkmn researcher

Bolded mine.

But wouldn't that be hilarious?

*Magikarp uses splash!*
*Arceus faints!*
*It's super effective!*

lawl

Wadeledge

Till all are One

What I'm saying is that it doesn't have to be a light type but no one uses bugs, no one uses poison, and you hardly see fire because of the easy access to moves like EQ.

People complain about how it would "change the balance of the metagame" by pointing out how "the metagame is ever changing." It's just like when they announced the physical/special split last generation. I'll use the same Alakazam example you did in that people thought it would be uber but now it's "BL" if you believe that tier "exists."

Say the because of the threat of earthquake you bring in a pokemon of "new type x" to battle, to counter that you would use Venomoth (using your example). It doesn't "ruin" anything! It's just something that has to be adapted to.

If the developers see fit, they'll add in a new type, and THEN these boards will explode with "EVERYTHING IS RUINED FOREVER" then the games will come out and people will forget they hated it in the first place. Just like the starters.

TimeLordAeon

To add to wish list, I kinda hope for the anime to get rid of Ash and replace him with this games main character. A wish for the game, harder gym battles.

SnorlaxRules

The more i look at Pokabu the more i want to pick him up and give him a big squeeze :) shame he'll probably evolve into something scary and dangerous looking, oh well, then again none of the starters top evolutions look like they would appreiciate a big squeeze, oh well, Who thinks that the grass starters was originally meant to have no legs, and possibly no arms but they added them in later? it just kinda looks that way to me, loves the idea for its top eveolution. They could take the sea otter in many ways, Bears, Wolfs, many big mammals really, or they could go completely random and make it nothing like anything else (unlikly) we'll see

Bardische

Elegance.
What I'm saying is that it doesn't have to be a light type but no one uses bugs, no one uses poison, and you hardly see fire because of the easy access to moves like EQ.

Bug = Scizor...Yanmega...Bug plate Arceus...
poison = The ever common Toxic...Crobat lead...Toxic Spikes Lead Roserade...
Fire = Will-O-Wisp...Heatran holding a Shuca Berry...yeah...

It's all a matter of what combinations of items, stats, moves and types you want on your team. As I've said, a matter of preference.

People complain about how it would "change the balance of the metagame" by pointing out how "the metagame is ever changing." It's just like when they announced the physical/special split last generation. I'll use the same Alakazam example you did in that people thought it would be uber but now it's "BL" if you believe that tier "exists."

But do you really think Light-type is practical, even after all this?

Say the because of the threat of earthquake you bring in a pokemon of "new type x" to battle, to counter that you would use Venomoth (using your example). It doesn't "ruin" anything! It's just something that has to be adapted to.

No, not really. Have a Water-type like Dewgong why don't ya...

If the developers see fit, they'll add in a new type, and THEN these boards will explode with "EVERYTHING IS RUINED FOREVER" then the games will come out and people will forget they hated it in the first place. Just like the starters.

preference. Tiers are made for competitive battlers, and I guess I shouldn't have used tiers in my example. But my point stills stands: The light type is impractical.

Slavko

Swampert FTW

Kinda random but why do you have Lady Gaga in your sig?

Status
Not open for further replies.