• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Speculation/Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

WafflesMaster

Big Brown Dumps
I think that there should be an evolution of Banette that is based on Bunraku puppetry. Not only would it be a logical step-up, but it Bunraku has its roots in Japan.

I would also like for there to be more animal-based Pokemon, like a Possum with a powerful tail (fighting-type), a swordfish (water and fighting), and some sort of urban Pokemon that you would find in trash cans, so they would have a reason beyond saying "There's nothing in here."

SQUIRTLETamer08

lower shiny ratio!
While I also wouldnt mind a sabretooth tiger as a fossil pokemon, i am pretty sure it could not be normal/ice. I believe all fossil pokemon must be part rock or part ground, right?

Id personally like to see these as fossil pokemon

sabretooth tiger- rock/ice
http://geology.fullerton.edu/whenderson/F2007201/smilodon/images/Smilodon2.jpg

anklyosaurus-rock/dark
http://planetdinosaur.com/dinosaur_list/images/ankylosaurus_2.gif

Terror bird- rock/flying - here is a link to you that dont know what it is-
http://www.cryptomundo.com/wp-content/uploads/titanis-walleri-claw-handed-good-recon.jpg
iguanodon-rock/grass
http://www.emc.maricopa.edu/faculty/farabee/biobk/1iguanodon.jpg

and finally the ruthless fossil pokemon- Liopleurodon-rock/water (or if you dont need to have rock, dark/water)
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb286/tanktopshania/liopleurodon2.jpg
size comparison^^^

http://www.elece.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/liopleurodon.jpg

http://img528.imageshack.us/i/liopleurodon04wx5.jpg/

or you could always throw in a megalodon?

GreenGrass

I'm happy with Pokabo and Mijumaru. Tsutaja still feels uncreative. Though I think Mijumaru shouldn't look quite as somber as it does.

SQUIRTLETamer08

lower shiny ratio!
Btw was it confirmed or is it still speculation that the starters will follow this typing?

grass/fighting
fire/dark
water/psychic

I hope not. I wanted grass/dark,fire/psychic. water/fighting

Pokefreak20

Trainer since 1998
So what your are implying is Light is recommended to be created to benefit the increasing population of useless pokemon in the series? That is very bad, you know? It's up to the player's preference. No one's actually forcing you to not use Venomoth in your upcoming battles just because they say it sucks. Adding Light-type would actually imbalance everything more. The strategies are ever-changing in Generation shifts, and if they add another type, the whole order of competitive battling would have to be rehashed and type effectiveness and weaknesses would fall into disarray. Next thing you know, Magikarp is in the uber tier.

And once again, seriously, where do you guys come up with this stuff...

Your really getting on my nerves. The Light type is obviously not going to happen so why does it matter so much to you that people want it. I myself dont want it but you dont see me getting into childish arguments about it. Sit down, Shut up and stop ruining peoples fun.

GreenGrass

Btw was it confirmed or is it still speculation that the starters will follow this typing?

grass/fighting
fire/dark
water/psychic

I hope not. I wanted grass/dark,fire/psychic. water/fighting

That's just speculation. Based on appearance, I'm guessing it will end up Grass/Dark, Fire/Ground, Water. Although I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled a Johto and made them all pure types in their final form.

Slavko

Swampert FTW
Your really getting on my nerves. The Light type is obviously not going to happen so why does it matter so much to you that people want it. I myself dont want it but you dont see me getting into childish arguments about it. Sit down, Shut up and stop ruining peoples fun.

I'll cut you down booger, that dude is NOT anoying you meathead

Pokefreak20

Trainer since 1998

GreenGrass

Not to rain on the ideas for a Tropius evolution, but does anyone have any ideas what it would look like? All I can picture is adding an extra pair of wings.

SergeiDragunov

Crits Everywhere
I'll cut you down booger, that dude is NOT anoying you meathead

Oh, the irony...

On topic, Light type is a no-go. If they wanted it they woulda added it by now.

Not to rain on the ideas for a Tropius evolution, but does anyone have any ideas what it would look like? All I can picture is adding an extra pair of wings.

T-Rex. Nuff said.

Last edited:

GreenGrass

T-Rex. Nuff said.

Well, I really wouldn't want to get an evolution by completely changing the type of animal--from sauropod to tyrannosaur is more than a small leap. Plus, Tropius flying was awkward, so I can't imagine a tyrannosaurus. Plus, I think that would push it into the "dragon" domain.

SergeiDragunov

Crits Everywhere
Well, I really wouldn't want to get an evolution by completely changing the type of animal--from sauropod to tyrannosaur is more than a small leap. Plus, Tropius flying was awkward, so I can't imagine a tyrannosaurus. Plus, I think that would push it into the "dragon" domain.

A) Remoraid and Octillery would like to have a word with you.

B) I drew a T-Rex evolution to Tropius myself not to long ago, if I find the file on my computer I'll make sure to post it. So I can say from experience that it can be done.

Not trying to bash or anything, but I'm just saying it's not impossible.

syclone

the crazy guy
more ideas for new york:
1: a place where the character u don't pick asks you out on a date (could happen if aimed 4 higher age level)
2: a bunch of sectors w/ a poke center in each and subways to replace fly
3: a junkyard area
4: a store that sells apparel to put on your character for fans of customization
5: random hobos on the streets that battle you
6: also non-hobos on the streets that battle you
7: trainer eye battles within cities
8: a sewer area under the city which you explore
9: actual cars!!!!!
10: an HM glide that allows you to fly between rooftops of tall buildings
11: a bunch of evil gangs and one gang trying to beat the evil gangs, which you join
12: water routes between the many islands in NY city
13: buildings designed as capture areas because the region is mostly city so u need places to find wild pokemons
14: the area around NY
15: other cities like NY's suburbs or something
16: the statue of liberty, which might be the stage of your final battle against the evil boss
17: a pokemon league (elite 4) on the tip of long island or something
18: multiple gyms in the megacity (NY)
19: routes connecting the different sectors with wild pokemon on them

Araleon

Chill
Starter hopes:

Grass starter whose name I can't remember but I know starts with Tsu: Well, I would love a Grass/Dragon starter. Doubt it'll happen though. It looks like it could become Grass/FLying, especially if it is Quetzalcoatl based.

Pokabu: Fire/Dark. I can see it being prety awesome.

Now, for my faorite, Mijumaru: I want a Water/Ice type. I don't want it to become another defensive water type. We have Blastoise and Empoleon. Let's go for a cool Special Attacker? In that case, Water/Psychic could work, too, I suppose.

Ont he idea of a Tropius evo: I could see them stretching its body out into a Dragon-like creature, losing the Flying type in favor of the Draogn type, gining more wings, doing something cool with the fruit, and being pretty awesome. I also want to see a pre-evo for Tropius.

SQUIRTLETamer08

lower shiny ratio!
[Super_Fjord];11296417 said:
Why would you want to revert them all to such uselessness against each other?

That just seems silly.

with two type triangles in place such as grass/dark, fire/psychic, and water/fighting there would be no upper hand, all would be weak to one starter and be strong against another.
ex grass>water>fire>grass
dark<fighting<psychic<dark

Just make it a bit more even. Also it would give us 3 new type combinations, which in the end would make many fans happy.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
To all those b*tching about the new players "too old" for a game designed for children, that's b*llsh*t! Mario's a kids game(s), what age is he, like at least 25 or something...

Shiney Pidgey

Guys.
Guys listen.
Guys, listen, I have names for the s-
listen.
Guys, let's call the starters Smugleaf, Pignite, and Wotter.

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
Guys.

Let's repeat guys over and over again for no reason and annoy everyone else in the thead.

Guys. Guys. Guys. Guys. Guys.

EkwEE

Asha'man M'Hael
with two type triangles in place such as grass/dark, fire/psychic, and water/fighting there would be no upper hand, all would be weak to one starter and be strong against another.
ex grass>water>fire>grass
dark<fighting<psychic<dark

Just make it a bit more even. Also it would give us 3 new type combinations, which in the end would make many fans happy.

Nah, dude. Cacturne, Shiftry, and Poliwrath sez hello.

I would honestly like to see a Grass/Steel. It could be done, I'd like for him to be a serious Physical Sweeper. If Tsujataa did that, it would be AWESOME. Though I'd really like for him to go Grass/Dark too.

If they keep them pure, that's fine too. Grass/Steel would just be a nice combo. Yeah, sure it's X4 to Fire and X2 to Fighting, but you loose the Ice and Flying weakness and gain immunity to Poison? With nuetral damage to ground? F*** yeah I'll take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.