• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Speculation/Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akimoto-Kenta

F*ck Yeah! Seaking!
dunsparcesevolutionbyun.png

EVERYTHING IS NOW IRRELEVANT!

Akimoto-Kenta

F*ck Yeah! Seaking!

megachu17

o_O thats pretty detailed...and epic!

Dunsparce --> That --> Chuck Norris perhaps?

Brings up a good point in that hopefully we get some new pokes soon. Wonder how likely us getting a new silhouette or something on Pokemon Sunday is.

hammy_ham_ham

Unleash your Phantom
I do see where you are coming from saying that immune is not the same as weak against, but would it be that big of a deal, if it such a thing did happen? one point next to none is not much improvement. Hell who knows maybe psychic will be "not very effective" agsint dark in the 5th gen.
And yes you could say I was a bit blinded, but it only slipped my mind. If you wanted a true type triangle you could always swap dark for ghost.

But in all honesty wouldnt the whole Charizard being fire/flying be a loop hole in this discussion. As it is fire/flying it would be 4x effective against say Venasaur?That typing gave charizard quite an advantage over the 1st gen starters save for squirtle and its evos.

edit: looking back on it a lot of the starters with duel types have "unfair" advantages over the other starters.

1) Yes, it is a big deal, for one simple reason: status inducers and stat changing move. If you have a steel type that is resistant to psychic moves, it can still be hit by hypnosis. An umbrean that is immune to psychic moves wouldn't be affected at all. Same thing for kinesis and its accuracy dropping.

2) Still wouldn't work though- ghost is not only immune to fighting, but it doesn't have resistance to psychic.

3) Venasaur is grass/poison, so no, not 4X to it- rather, grass type is 1/4 to charizard, but poison does normal damage to make up for it.

KanNKeller

Has anyone noticed the difference between the first battle screenshot we got from corocoro a while back and the ones that just got released? Why are the back sprites so pixelated and everthing else seems so smooth? I think GF hasn't released a battle video yet becuase they probably want to keep something under wraps and judging from the facts of we now have full backsprites, the battlefield is (supposedly) circular, we have specific pokemon shadows, and there are different views and zooms of the same sprite I'd wager that we have vastly superior in-battle animations to look forward to ^_^

Akimoto-Kenta

F*ck Yeah! Seaking!
Has anyone noticed the difference between the first battle screenshot we got from corocoro a while back and the ones that just got released? Why are the back sprites so pixelated and everthing else seems so smooth? I think GF hasn't released a battle video yet becuase they probably want to keep something under wraps and judging from the facts of we now have full backsprites, the battlefield is (supposedly) circular, we have specific pokemon shadows, and there are different views and zooms of the same sprite I'd wager that we have vastly superior in-battle animations to look forward to ^_^
I think the battlefield looks crap. where's the texture in those circles... Are they really gonna use a green circle for grasslands and a brown circle for caves...
I know they are pre-release pictures from a beta version... but at least show something better too the public.

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
KanNKeller: No. They've revealed that the screen zooms in and out during attacks, which is why the sprites appear pixilated.

TinKanSinar

Evilness=Awesomeness

I personally just want an evil organization that feels evil. Hoenn and Sinnoh were almost lauaghable to me in how rediculous they were. Although Galactic was better and they acually seemed evil they didn't feel it. Plus, we should be able to battle tem whenever, like after the main story, they randomly took over a town and you have to battle them out. Something that shows how evil they really are, and that they don't like to lose, ya know?

I always thought it'd be neat if they made some moves have dual type's like pokemon do.

i.e - say Fire Punch being Fire/Fighting. Could add a lot more diversity to move pool's.

Cerex

Wishlist
- A battle frontier like the one in Emerald. Sinnoh's were Okay, but it was really tiny. I liked the fact that Emerald's was almost its own mini-region.
- Secret Bases/Villa again. The Secret Bases were cool in R/S/E, the underground base in P/S not so much, but the Villa in Pt was really nice.
- More NPC characters. The expansion in Pt really added to the story.
- A revamped Elite Four/Champion-ship league. The fact that B/W is going to be based really far away from the rest of the regions has me hoping from some new and interesting changes to the way we have usually done things. I would like to see different tournament, more akin maybe to what it is like in the anime. I also would like to see the leaders of the Elite Four, if they stick with it, use various Pokemon but a focus on a certain style, kine of like the EV trainers, rather than a single type.
- Background into past characters that mentioned that they were from far away. Several NPCs have mentioned that they come from far away. I think it would be nice if they game finally told us where. The Volkner/Flint back-story and well as Cynthia's story really added to them as characters.
- The evolution chain of that Sea Otter starter be really awesome because as a starter it looks really ridiculous

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
I personally just want an evil organization that feels evil. Hoenn and Sinnoh were almost lauaghable to me in how rediculous they were. Although Galactic was better and they acually seemed evil they didn't feel it. Plus, we should be able to battle tem whenever, like after the main story, they randomly took over a town and you have to battle them out. Something that shows how evil they really are, and that they don't like to lose, ya know?

Think about it. Would you like to be thought of as evil?

Pokemon has not had a single Team like that, because no one thinks of themselves as evil. Team Rocket just wanted money; the pokemon equivalent of the mafia. Team Magma and Aqua wanted to fix the world. Who doesn't? But they were kinda gonna make things worse. Team Galactic was convinced the world was beyond repair. They decided to press the 'New Game' Button. Problem? All the people in this 'file' had an issue with it. Would you like to go completely and totally out of existance?

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Think about it. Would you like to be thought of as evil?

Pokemon has not had a single Team like that, because no one thinks of themselves as evil. Team Rocket just wanted money; the pokemon equivalent of the mafia. Team Magma and Aqua wanted to fix the world. Who doesn't? But they were kinda gonna make things worse. Team Galactic was convinced the world was beyond repair. They decided to press the 'New Game' Button. Problem? All the people in this 'file' had an issue with it. Would you like to go completely and totally out of existance?

conejoz

Miscelaneous Trainer
omg i hope ALL the buildings are passable and a plane possibly?Airport
some thing that will be funny an easter egg like a hobo lol XD

Smoke_Screen

Wooguru Rider
I have a theory on what the regions going to be based on,
now that we know the name of Hiun City and it possibly meaning 'ruined city' etc. i propose the regions based on Chugoku/Shikoku and Hiun City is Hiroshima, for obvious reasons relating to 'ruined city'

syclone

the crazy guy
i hope hiun city is based on new york city and hiun city is just a japanese name. NY seems like a cool setting 4 a video game such as pokemon. you could be able to (hopefully) fly between the tops of buildings (that would be AWESOME!!!). another thing that would be awesome would be if fly didn't exist and u could just take a subway to any previously visited town or city sector of (hiun/new york). also i think that there will be a zoom in/out function both in and out of battle due to the pixely sprites that are in some of the pics and not others.

Slavko

Swampert FTW

Somehow that picture reminds me of Buster Stockman from old Ninja Turtles cartoon.
Baxter_Stockman_TMNT+002.jpg

Anways just saw the new screenshots that pokemon.co.jp and PokeBeach posted, the new region will undeniebly take place in USA, just look at the bridge, streets, the way people dress, etc. That city is obviously New York City. Also theres something I've been wondering about... You know how every region has legendary trio? (Kanto: Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno. Johto: Raikou, Entei, Suicune. Hoenn: Regirock, Regice, Registeel. Sinnoh: Azelf, Uxie, Mespirit.) Well I've been wonering, why does this new region uses Johto's legendary trio? Is it because of legendary dogs and Zoroak is somewhat wolf or something.... Hmm... I wonder if this Isshu Region will have it's own Legendary Trio or will use Johto's. The other question is Celebi, Celebi has never been a story Pokemon, his been a hidden/bonus Pokemon that you get trough events, but what IF Pokemon Black & White put Celebi into story... You know how this city is very modern and teh characters are old? Well, Celebi got the time travel ability, so I think there something to it... What do you guys think of my idea?

Coldwave44

The Trading Breeder
Don't even tell me I would have to battle my way across that bridge. *Falls down*

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Hiun City seems to be based on New York & maybe the Isshu region has some american influences seeing that is far far away[not in a Shrek movie].I'm hoping that with those skyscrapers we'll get falcon & pigeon[more like filthy New York pigeons not like Pidgey] pkmn^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.