• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Speculation/Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
if there were decisions that affected the ending, there could be no post-elite 4

That's not true at all. But I'm not saying Pokemon needs a choice-driven plot.

part to the game and it would be stupid and overly plot-driven like final fantasy. never played ff and proud.

I don't know why you'd be proud you haven't played some of the best RPGs in existence...

also what i want is a wifi mode with servers like in wow or runescape or any other mmo, like after beating elite 4 u could choose to enter the game on wifi and a whole bunch of other real players would pop up and you could chat and host tourneys and stuff. that would be AWESOME!!! also you would have a customizable sprite that u used on wifi. would that be cool or what?

No, that would not be cool. It would also not work.

Last edited:

syclone

the crazy guy
what he means is that he wants more variety in the wild pokes in the various areas (not bidoof/roselia/geodude family on every route like in DP (platinum was an improvement)).

also if not a wifi mmo type thing then maybe a cool idea would be the ability to download random secret bases from wifi with the ability to battle the player like in RSE. also i want random wifi battles and maybe some sort of clans/guilds type thing on wifi like where you can join various groups that could announce that they might be holding a tourney or a member is giving away pokemon or something. i don't play wow (wish it was free) but some of my friends do and i like multiplayer functionality.

b1234

Needs better concept
So what can we expect for more types of pokemon?

So far, the following type combinations have yet to be made:
  • Normal-Grass
  • Normal-Fire
  • Normal-Electric
  • Normal-Ice
  • Normal-Bug
  • Normal-Rock
  • Normal-Ground
  • Normal-Steel
  • Normal-Poison
  • Normal-Fighting
  • Normal-Ghost
  • Normal-Dark
  • Normal-Dragon
  • Grass-Fire
  • Grass-Electric
  • Grass-Steel
  • Grass-Ghost
  • Grass-Dragon
  • Fire-Water
  • Fire-Electric
  • Fire-Ice
  • Fire-Bug
  • Fire-Poison
  • Fire-Psychic
  • Fire-Ghost
  • Fire-Dragon
  • Water-Ghost
  • Electric-Ice
  • Electric-Bug
  • Electric-Rock
  • Electric-Ground
  • Electric-Poison
  • Electric-Psychic
  • Electric-Fighting
  • Electric-Dark
  • Electric-Dragon
  • Ice-Bug
  • Ice-Rock
  • Ice-Steel
  • Ice-Poison
  • Ice-Fighting
  • Ice-Dragon
  • Bug-Psychic
  • Bug-Dark
  • Bug-Dragon
  • Rock-Poison
  • Rock-Fighting
  • Rock-Ghost
  • Rock-Dragon
  • Ground-Fighting
  • Ground-Ghost
  • Ground-Dark
  • Steel-Poison
  • Steel-Ghost
  • Steel-Dark
  • Flying
  • Flying-Fighting
  • Poison-Psychic
  • Poison-Dragon
  • Psychic-Ghost
  • Psychic-Dark
  • Fighting-Ghost
  • Fighting-Dark
  • Fighting-Dragon
  • Dark-Dragon

That’s a rather hefty amount, being a total of about 65 unused type combinations, meaning that there’s a lot more to work with than most would think. So, what I hope to do today is to see if we can all find a suitable concept for each and every type, if not at least 3/4ths this list. I've already compiled a nice amount already. Additional ideas are greatly encouraged.

• Normal-Grass
  • Normal-Fire
  • Normal-Electric
  • Normal-Ice
  • Normal-Bug
  • Normal-Rock
  • Normal-Ground
  • Normal-Steel
  • Normal-Poison
  • Normal-Fighting
  • Normal-Ghost ~ Zombie, Mummy
  • Normal-Dark
  • Normal-Dragon
  • Grass-Fire ~ Chili Pepper
  • Grass-Electric ~ Glow-in-the-dark Fungi
  • Grass-Steel
  • Grass-Ghost ~ Jack O' Lantern
  • Grass-Dragon
  • Fire-Water ~ Steam
  • Fire-Electric ~ Friction-based attacker
  • Fire-Ice
  • Fire-Bug ~ Fire Ant
  • Fire-Poison ~ Highly explosive chemical--possible evolution of Weezing
  • Fire-Psychic ~ Experienced flame-controlling Pyro
  • Fire-Ghost ~ Will-o-the-Wisp (Not the move, the legend it's based off of)
  • Fire-Dragon ~ Chinese Dragon
  • Water-Ghost ~ Merfolk (Man mermaid?)
  • Electric-Ice
  • Electric-Bug ~ Firefly--possible evolution of Volbeat/Illumise
  • Electric-Rock
  • Electric-Ground
  • Electric-Poison ~ Computer-virus--possible association with Porygon
  • Electric-Psychic
  • Electric-Fighting
  • Electric-Dark
  • Electric-Dragon
  • Ice-Bug
  • Ice-Rock
  • Ice-Steel
  • Ice-Poison
  • Ice-Fighting ~ Polar Bear
  • Ice-Dragon
  • Bug-Psychic ~ Swarm of bugs that have a "hive mind"
  • Bug-Dark ~ Tarantula
  • Bug-Dragon ~ A literal Dragonfly
  • Rock-Poison ~ Uranium
  • Rock-Fighting ~ Caveman
  • Rock-Ghost ~ Tombstone
  • Rock-Dragon
  • Ground-Fighting
  • Ground-Ghost
  • Ground-Dark
  • Steel-Poison ~ Rust
  • Steel-Ghost ~ Poltergeist Knight
  • Steel-Dark
  • Flying
  • Flying-Fighting ~ Horus (An ancient Egyptian God with bird-like qualities)
  • Poison-Psychic
  • Poison-Dragon
  • Psychic-Ghost ~ Spiritual Medium
  • Psychic-Dark ~ Yin and Yang
  • Fighting-Ghost ~ Zombie, Mummy
  • Fighting-Dark ~ Ninja
  • Fighting-Dragon
  • Dark-Dragon

So, what are your ideas? I want you to create more type combinations.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
also i want random wifi battles and maybe some sort of clans/guilds type thing on wifi like where you can join various groups that could announce that they might be holding a tourney or a member is giving away pokemon or something.
I don't think that they would do Guilds, I wish that they would though. I think that with help of wi-fi and the help of the internet we can do it.

I hope that we can do double battles over wi-fi though.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
I want the final stage of the starters to be like this:
Grass/Steel-4x weakness to fire
Fire/Ground-4x weakness to water
Water/Rock-4x weakness to grass

Nacreous

Fire trainer
28512142793354893415506.jpg

I want Tsutaaja to look like this!

Grass/Dragon for the win!!

Speculation, oh yeah!

Am I the only one who thinks that the bridge (Sky Arrow Bridge) looks like the Golden Gate Bridge of San Francisco?

Oh mai. Udonthinkwatithinkuthink.

The final stage looks awesome

Very nice, only the first evolution looks to similar to the Tsutaaja. Not too many differences between them.

Am I the only one who thinks that the bridge (Sky Arrow Bridge) looks like the Golden Gate Bridge of San Francisco?

Looks more like the Brooklyn Bridge to me. Hiun looks a lot like Manhattan, being a giant island city and all. California and San Francisco is more known for its beaches, so if Hiun was based on it, you would think you would've seen some more sand around Hiun.

syclone

the crazy guy
i think sky arrow bridge looks like the george washington bridge (also in NY)

Grei

not the color
Very nice, only the first evolution looks to similar to the Tsutaaja. Not too many differences between them.

I don't think that's a bad thing. I think it's a good balance between "growing" and "transforming", which is what evolving is in Pokemon. Not as basic as Charmander to Charmeleon, but not nearly as drastic as Venonat to Venomoth.

Tickle Me Cooper

A Black Protagonist
Here are my guesses for their final evolution types. (Be warned: Stupid fan names)

Hisseed: Grass/Dragon
-Uh.. It's a snake... That, and there is a giant green flying snake with YELLOW wings and tail spikes in Aztec mythology. It's called a Quetzalcoatl. Sound familiar? What do you think those yellow shoulder appendages will turn into? Hmmm? I just hope it's not grass/flying... -_-

Oinkindle: Fire/Poison
-I think it will end up being a warthog. Don't they roll up in their own poop to cool down?! BINGO!

Wotter: Water/Psychic
-Otters crack open shells for food, hence the seashell on his tummy. Sea shells can also hold pearls, which in certain customs, are associated with magical powers. "Magic" in pokemon is possesing psychic abilities, hence the psychic type.

And that is my type speculation!!!

Xanron

I'm on my way
Here are my guesses for their final evolution types. (Be warned: Stupid fan names)

Oinkindle: Fire/Poison
-I think it will end up being a warthog. Don't they roll up in their own poop to cool down?! BINGO!

And that is my type speculation!!!

That's why I don't like the idea of a pig starter, also being a fire type.
They do nasty crap like that.

Tickle Me Cooper

A Black Protagonist
I actually like the pig idea. What do you even think Sludge Bomb is made of? Hmmm?
I think a Fire/Poison type combo would be pretty cool.

Xanron

I'm on my way
I've always thought sludge bomb was made out of toxic sludge, you know, the sticky stuff you get from a mix of watter and fly ash, which is found in chimneys and oil spills. I never once thought it was feces.

Tickle Me Cooper

A Black Protagonist
Well, actually, it's really up to the reader, but i always assumed that "The user attacks by hurling filthy sludge at the foe." implied just that. Also, a lot of pokemon that learn this move have absolutly no access to sticky stuff you get from a mix of watter and fly ash, which is found in chimneys and oil spills. Meh, maybe it's me.

Dr. Ste

Pokemon Breeder
28512142793354893415506.jpg

I want Tsutaaja to look like this!

Grass/Dragon for the win!!

Speculation, oh yeah!

Oh mai. Udonthinkwatithinkuthink.

Third form is awesome beyond awesome. I... want it.

Also, we need more Psychic Legendaries.

Lumineon

I found the various font sizes annoying, but kudos for the artwork. I can really see the evolution taking place.

Sure wouldnt mind this as my pokemon, + being dragon comes with a nice movepool. Suckish weakness to ice though...

You gotta name?

Status
Not open for further replies.