• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Speculation/Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bardische

Elegance.
This is just the information/speculation I know. There WILL be some exclusive content for the DSi in Black and White. That is proven.

My theory is that it will have something to do with letting you use the DSi's internet capabilities with a PC at a Pokémon Center so you can go on the internet without leaving the game.

The DSi already has the DSi browser with it, why do we need to access the internet through a game?

Some people say that it has something to do with the DSi's camera, but I don't really see how that would work.

Taking pictures of you to act as a profile pic over Wi-Fi. Kinda like the Mario Kart arcade games, minus the Wi-Fi

Well, that's what I'm guessing, haha.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
This is just the information/speculation I know.

There WILL be some exclusive content for the DSi in Black and White. That is proven. My theory is that it will have something to do with letting you use the DSi's internet capabilities with a PC at a Pokémon Center so you can go on the internet without leaving the game. Some people say that it has something to do with the DSi's camera, but I don't really see how that would work.

And, as we all know, a Pokémon person on the B&W staff blogged a statement, and soon retracted it, that implies that Zekrom's secondary type is Electric. She could have done this accidentally, but I think it was done purposefully as a teaser to get everyone excited and fake out some people.

However, Zekrom being part electric could make the whole nature vs. technology theme that some people expect to be as a B&W conflict work, as electricity is almost always used in technology. This theme is supported by how Reshiram looks more mystical and natural and Zekrom looks more sleek and technological.

Also, I was looking around on Bulbapedia and it turns out that the krom in Zekrom actually means "turning black" or "tinged with darkness" and not "black". Likewise, the shiram in Reshiram means "turning white" or "growing light". This could mean that in some way the two legendaries are progressing toward being dark or light.If this is true, I believe it is linked to the fact that Zekrom (the black one) is in Pokémon White and Reshiram (the white one) is in Pokémon Black.

Spaced out your post for you. Anyway...

-There is no proof that there is DSi content yet. Even if there was, why would there be internet access? Just reset your DSi to use it.

- It wasn't a B/W staff member; it was a hostess of Pokemon Sunday who is voicing a character in the new movie. She said that she likes Zekrom because she likes electric types, which she ended up removing.

izzyrose

Pro trainer
I think you should be able to travel to all the regions after you have beaten the Elite 4 of the main region.

randomnonsense

Spaced out your post for you. Anyway...

-There is no proof that there is DSi content yet. Even if there was, why would there be internet access? Just reset your DSi to use it.

- It wasn't a B/W staff member; it was a hostess of Pokemon Sunday who is voicing a character in the new movie. She said that she likes Zekrom because she likes electric types, which she ended up removing.

Maybe someone else has said this already, but could have maybe been that the woman accidently mixed up Zekrom with Reshiram? Granted, it's highly unlikely, but it's certainly not impossible.

Bardische

Elegance.
I think you should be able to travel to all the regions after you have beaten the Elite 4 of the main region.

I hope you're being sarcastic, 'cause I wanna shoot you at point-blank range right about now.

Okay, Kanto and Johto were CONNECTED. That's why they thought of including it as a post-game area after three years to do something after beating the E4 in G/S/C/HG/SS. Jeebus Crust, these are so annoying.

I'm planning on doing a Black or White nuzlocke run, but only catching 5th gen pokemon, but with the catch of releasing fainted Pokemon :/. So I'm hoping a) for high level wild fights, b) a relatively easy to get new fire type, and c) a LOT of pokemon centers ;P

After the madness of that is over, I will try to catch 'em all. So I want there to be quite a lot of Pokemon available to catch as possible - I don't want to have to trade / pal park thousands of 'mon from previous games over (beside event Pokes and starters).

I want something to do ; not nescessarily (however you spell it) an epic plot or thousands of battles, but just something to do. Maybe a new Battle Frontier. Not a copypasta job from Pt/HG/SS but a new one, with interesting and more challenging events (but obviously I won't Nuzlocke that!!!)

Preferably some useful TMs. Although in pre-E4 I'm unlikely to use TMs for fear of losing a precious 'mon with a TM, I do want some useful TMs for both the meta-game and in-game.

Another point is I seriously hope that the Pokeradar returns. I know shiny pokemon aren't supposed to be easy to get, but just relying on the current 1/8192 chance is stupid. And no, I don't want to hatch 2048 eggs either!!

An easier safari zone would be good. I didn't like the fact that in D/P/Pt some 'mon were only available on certain days, nor that on HG/SS you have to wait 110 days for on fricking Pokemon!!! If there are going to be rare pokemon after the E4 in the safari zone, then make them able to be caught without wasting an age to find them. I do NOT wish for the 'dex to be easy to get - I want it to be challenging. But POSSIBLE!!!

Next is legendaries. As much as I adore "pwning" people with ubers, I do think that OU/UU/BL are more fun to compete with. So more usable Pokemon in the competetive area would be nice :)

Still on competetive-ness, some more type-matchups would be nice - like Grass/Fire, Fire/Electric, Dragon/Fighting, Bug/Fire etc. would add more fun to the game - unusual type combos make for excellent and challenging gyms, both fan-made meta-game gyms and the in-game 8!

I've saven my most wanted request of all until last: the return of the Pokeathlon. That thing is the best darn invention since the toaster. And that's saying something! I loved the fact that the evo stones could be obtained - but through a challenge. Maybe some more difficult opponents could spice it up, as well as some more events would be nice, but I will be happy as long as it's there!

ArtProjectCorn

Time Waster

Look here. I don't know for sure if this is actually true, though.

Flamin_Lumineon

~Shiny Hunter~
1. I think that if a dark gym were to be introduced, the gym could be the bad group's secret base. After defeating the leader, you would find out that there is a massive hideout underneath the gym.
2. I would like to see new type(s) also, but i think a better name than the light type could be used, as the light type seems to be too much of a 'unprofessional' name.
3. I do like Master of Fossils' idea of changing the victory road. I mean, c'mon! How long has it just been a simple boring cave? The jungle seems like a great idea. Maybe it could be a water-cave or a desert, or even something like an underwater victory road. Like that would happen though :(

Last edited:

natie

Mr. F
Also, I was looking around on Bulbapedia and it turns out that the krom in Zekrom actually means "turning black" or "tinged with darkness" and not "black". Likewise, the shiram in Reshiram means "turning white" or "growing light". This could mean that in some way the two legendaries are progressing toward being dark or light.If this is true, I believe it is linked to the fact that Zekrom (the black one) is in Pokémon White and Reshiram (the white one) is in Pokémon Black.
Nice theory. That would explain the Yin-Yang part more.

i do want a huge forest with the grass/bug gym in the middle of it.
Would be cool, but unless you have a Pokémon Center in the middle of the forest you'll have a really hard time. And Grass/Bug just doesn't stroke with having a hard time.

Last edited:
Yeah we should get a new pokemon tommorow. Or maybe the other types of Zekrom/Reshi

Don't you mean today, since it is now 2 in the morning in Japan? In other words, any info we might get this Pokemon Sunday, we would be receiving today in America as well as elsewhere (like the UK).

Yeah, I really hope that this Pokemon Sunday does something like this:

-Either show us a sillhouette of a new pokemon or just downright show it to us.
-Reveal the secondary typings of Reshiram and Zekrom (so this Light Type speculation can finally end).
-Perhaps some more pictures (or maybe even a vid) of Isshu
-Most of all, I would like a clouded map of Isshu like what we got for Sinnoh, but that probably will not happen until sometime around August or late July if we are lucky.

Unlike last week's Pokemon Sunday, where I was already happy enough from merely seeing Reshiram and Zekrom revealed so suddenly, I will be very dissapointed if nothing is shown for this upcoming episode.

;136;

Firebrand

Indomitable
i do want a huge forest with the grass/bug gym in the middle of it.
I doubt that there would be a gym outside a city. But another city in lieu of Fortree in hoenn would be very cool. Like, a city built in a forest, with all the buildings inside the trees. That would be awesome. On the subject of gyms, I would like to see different building styles for them. For example, a fire gym would be a doorway and antechamber to a volcano, and you would fight the leader in the volcano. A flying gym would have a big glass dome for aerial battles. A grass, bug opr poison gym could be hewn from a giant tree.

1. I think that if a dark gym were to be introduced, the gym could be the bad group's secret base. After defeating the leader, you would find out that there is a massive hideout underneath the gym.
2. I would like to see new type(s) also, but i think a better name than the light type could be used, as the light type seems to be too much of a 'unprofessional' name.
3. I do like Master of Fossils' idea of changing the victory road. I mean, c'mon! How long has it just been a simple boring cave? The jungle seems like a great idea. Maybe it could be a water-cave or a desert, or even something like an underwater victory road. Like that would happen though :(
1. odds are, there will be a dark type gym. We have not had one yet, and with the whole light/dark/good/evil motiff the games will probably have, the chance of a dark gym is good. I also like the whole secret base under the gym idea, but I doubt gf would do that. A better idea is in the same town, and the leader is the villan.
2. NO! No new types. Please. We've been over this so many times, so no. the only reason new types were introduced in GS was to balance the type chart, and make it so that Mewtwo and Gengar could be defeated. So no, we will NOT have a light type. Anyone who sees this post, please, don't talk about light types. If one is introduced, which is SO UNLIKELY, I will eat my words, and we can discuss it all we want. But until that day comes, NO MORE LIGHT TYPES!!!!!
3. Cathartic outburst over. Now, I do like the idea of a different victory road. But how about this: still have a cave, but once you pass through it, you travel over (under?) water to a mountain, climb the mountain, go through a forest, and then another smaller cave. The whole thing goes in a spiral pattern, getting smaller and smaller, with the league in the center of the labarynth. this way, we could see more varied types of pokemon then just the standard fighting/rock/ground fare. Again, not likely, but a dude can dream.
Look here. I don't know for sure if this is actually true, though.
The post above this talks about something to do with dichotomy, like the earth/sea groudon and kyogre have. So what if that comes again? Think about it. We could have good/evil, light/dark, nature/tech, which are all candiates, and said before. But what about a north/south theme (some people a few hundred pages ago said that Isshu might be based off two Japanese islands) or land/sky theme, as had been proposed by pokebeach? Reishiram looks like a flying creature, and Zekrom looks a little like charizard (capable of flying, but spending a lot of time on the ground). And if this is true, I want to see some kind of airplane/airship type thing. Isshu looks technologically advanced, so they will probably have things we have never seen before. How amazing would it be to thwart the evil team on a gigantic zepplin? That's what I'm talking about.

Coldwave44

The Trading Breeder
Despite being a 'Legendary Dog', Raikou's physical appearance is based on a tiger.

Proof:

Not to bring up the whole "Legendary Beasts" thing again but to me they seem based off from the big cats.

Jirachi Kidd

Don't you mean today, since it is now 2 in the morning in Japan? In other words, any info we might get this Pokemon Sunday, we would be receiving today in America as well as elsewhere (like the UK).

-Reveal the secondary typings of Reshiram and Zekrom (so this Light Type speculation can finally end).
-Most of all, I would like a clouded map of Isshu like what we got for Sinnoh, but that probably will not happen until sometime around August or late July if we are lucky.

Unlike last week's Pokemon Sunday, where I was already happy enough from merely seeing Reshiram and Zekrom revealed so suddenly, I will be very dissapointed if nothing is shown for this upcoming episode.

;136;

I'd like to see all these as well. I hope we see a brand new pokemon in a few hours:D

Lukah

About evolutions. People are talking about a Rapidash evolution. I think it's unlikely for a reason. Ponyta was the only fire alternative in D/P/Pt [except Flareon] and they didn't give it a evolution then, didn't feel it was necessary. And I think they are right. Rapidash is a good enough competitive pokémon. It's Stomp fcked me in more than one occasion.

I feel Dunsparce, Shuckle, Sableye and Pachrisu deserve a evolution.
And Tropius deserves a pre evolution.

Other than that...

Oh, I like Partners as Cheryl and Riley. I want to have those again.
And I really liked Pokémon following me. They gave me flowers, and laughed at my jokes, and I had long talks with them. I hope it's back as an optional feature.

Jirachi Kidd

I feel Dunsparce, Shuckle, Sableye and Pachrisu deserve a evolution.
And Tropius deserves a pre evolution.

Other than that...

Oh, I like Partners as Cheryl and Riley. I want to have those again.
And I really liked Pokémon following me. They gave me flowers, and laughed at my jokes, and I had long talks with them. I hope it's back as an optional feature.

They do need it..

I loved having to help people find their ways through places:)

And I liked the pokemon following us.. So fun;)

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Don't look here.

;136;

Yeah I do mean today but they wont reveal it a :00 in the morning. Maybe 6:00 or something you know?

Firebrand

Indomitable
Yeah I do mean today but they wont reveal it a :00 in the morning. Maybe 6:00 or something you know?
Japan is 13 hours ahead of me, and I live on the east coast of america. So yes, at 6 pm, pokemon sunday will be airing at 7 am in Japan. If you want to see a reliable world clock, you have 2 options. Number one, add tokyo to the world clock feature on your iPod. Number two, go to this site http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
you can check the times and time differences. But as most people here know, PS doesn't reveal much until the last maybe 10 minutes of their block, as most of the show is about the anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.