• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Speculation/Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBK

Renegade Trainer
Then I don't know what the hell is wrong with your computer, to be honest.

No, it doesn't. Plus, you're on Serebii Forums for God's sake. You should be used to massive lag by now.

I know. I wasn't either.

Last time I checked, I was wearing boxers?

Edit: And hey, look at that! We're on the next page. You happy, sourpuss?

I am using a 2.4ghz i5 comp with 6g of ram. My comp is fast, and it takes 5 secs. I even timed it. So that must mean your pants are on fire.

Just because it already lags doesn't mean we need to add to it.

I never said you were.

It's an expression.

It was only a suggestion. I never ordered him to do it. If he doesn't, whatever. I don't know why you are making a big deal out of this, joking or not.

rocky505

Then I don't know what the hell is wrong with your computer, to be honest.

No, it doesn't. Plus, you're on Serebii Forums for God's sake. You should be used to massive lag by now.

I know. I wasn't either.

Last time I checked, I was wearing boxers?

Edit: And hey, look at that! We're on the next page. You happy, sourpuss?
Why are you being an A** to everyone today?

I would love a new poke ball that catches more types of pokemon like a magnet ball for steel and electrics.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
The idea of manual flying would be great for the main series.I can see,Flying on a Pidgeot through the skyes in Isshu while being attacked by other flying type pokemon that would start an imediate battle on the screen of the Ds.Back on track about the wishlish,This is my speculation on the Gyms.
1.Normal-this would be a great way to start the gyms and we need another region to start no rock type for gym 1
2.Flying-Another type gym that has appeared since Hoenn
3.Water-This would be interesting for somewhat early.I wounder if the leader would use Mijumaru on there team
4.New type that is introduced in this genV-It would be kinda nice to see a new type introduced and being apart of thegym lineup
5.Fire-This would be awsome to see again.
6.Posion-One of the two gyms we haven`t seen since GEN 1.It needs to reappear.
7.Ground-The second type of gym since Kanto.It would be ok if this would replace rock type gyms for a while
8.Dark-One of the most wanted type for gyms.There is not one gym in the first 4 gens of Pokemon.

Kai-zero

Trains All Types
Would anybody join me in laughing if a new type was revealed, but it WASN'T Light Type? Also, is there any ONE pokemon everyone thinks should have an evolution in Gen 5? I've seen all sorts of ideas, and have a few of my own, for pokemon that could have an evolution. What're the most popular pokemon that people want to evolve or evolve again? Speaking of which what about pre-evolutions? What's the most popular pokemon that people want a pre-evolution for?

Memo

I agree with some people who already said this: the 3rd generation was the worst. I wouldn't say bad per ce, but it had the smallest amount of improvements, some useless gameplay reductions (like the 24 hour clock-system, but the GBA-battery system kinda explains it) and the most redundant new Pokémon, most of which were just sloppy re-hashes of 1st generation Pokés. Also, the overall plot was a bit sloppy (though DPPt are really the first ones to integrate an average plot, as RBY didn't really have anything and GSC was just beginning to incorporate one).

I wouldn't say a remade 3rd generation wasn't interesting, as I probably would still buy the game(s), but the source material just isn't up to par with the other remakes.

DBK

Renegade Trainer
Don't take this the wrong way, but the idea of a new type is not impossible. You say that incorporating it would be hard, when that probably isn't the case. B/W are completely new games meaning that most likely they had to start programming itfrom the ground up, meaning they probably had to recreate all of the existing types, so what is just 1 more? A more logical reason they wouldn't add in any new types is how it would change the gameplay. I know they changed things in gen 2, but things were still relatively new back then, and people weren't as used to the then 15 types as we are to the 17 types we have now. It would have made more sense if a new type would have been added in gen 2 or 3, and it didn'teven come in gen 4. I think a new type is unlikely, but not because incorporating it would be difficult.

Effort, it's just a piece of data, it requires no effort, Game freak probably created the data for Pokemon types in their sleep.

You ***, that made no sense. And people say I waffle on a bit. :D

Your theory is less likely to happen than even the Light type.

I knew I was gonna have to explain that. The reason why incorproating two new types was so successful was that:

1) It was planned ahead of time, probably during the production of the first gen. So the coding was done in a way to allow that addition.

2) There are over double (including the 5th gen) the things (pokemon, items, moves, abilities, etc.) now. It was easier to do it back then because the small amount of information that had to be changed.

Thus it will never happen. The gameplay change is another reason, too.

And my theory is already proven, Arceus. They said one of the starters was a new type combos, and it seems that the legends are new type combos as well. So yeah.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I am using a 2.4ghz i5 comp with 6g of ram. My comp is fast, and it takes 5 secs. I even timed it. So that must mean your pants are on fire.

You scroll really slow. Do you use the arrow keys? Because it takes me 1 second to scroll past that entire post, without using auto scroll, which takes milliseconds.

I was thinking about the regional bird and what it might be and I wondered: Have we had an albatross yet? I can't think of any, and that would be awesome.

I'm not a nerd so I have no idea what you're talking about. All I know is that it takes a second or two to scroll through that post, and it isn't like I hang around the same page of a topic anyway. It's simply you making a big deal out of nothing.

Just because it already lags doesn't mean we need to add to it.

Oh Jesus.

I never said you were.

You just said my "pansies were up in a bunch".

?

It's an expression.

owl_orly.png

It was only a suggestion. I never ordered him to do it. If he doesn't, whatever. I don't know why you are making a big deal out of this, joking or not.

I'm just fucking with you, to be honest. After all this time I can't believe you still take me so seriously.

Why are you being an A** to everyone today?

To everyone? :rolleyes: Name one person other than your boyfriend DBK.

Memo

Oh, and it takes less than half a second to scroll down that mega-post earlier by using auto-scroll. So, just push the scroll and off you go.

DBK

Renegade Trainer
You scroll really slow. Do you use the arrow keys? Because it takes me 1 second to scroll past that entire post, without using auto scroll, which takes milliseconds.

I was thinking about the regional bird and what it might be and I wondered: Have we had an albatross yet? I can't think of any, and that would be awesome.

Fine, i didn't take the auto scroll into account. I take that part back then.

hitoshura0

Closest we've gotten is Wingull, but an Albatross would be more Water/Flying than Normal/Flying, so I don't think we'll see one as the regional bird. A Robin might be a good idea for a regional bird, or a Cardinal.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
you mixed Elm with Birch

also, that would just spoil the fun of studing by yourself, a pokédex that just explains where you can find said pokémon, it's evo/pre-evo and how it evo's enough for me

haha yeah i wasnt sure on that. but you could still study stuff, and you would still have to learn that info, and in some cases it might help you learn that info better cause, your like "wait i saw which pokemon use this move" i just imagine myself studying the dex more if i had that info, specially if i had to gain that info via in game stuff.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Fine, i didn't take the auto scroll into account. I take that part back then.

Oh no I said without auto scroll. If I scroll normally it takes 1 second.

Closest we've gotten is Wingull, but an Albatross would be more Water/Flying than Normal/Flying, so I don't think we'll see one as the regional bird. A Robin might be a good idea for a regional bird, or a Cardinal.

Wingull is just a lame seagull.

I suppose you are correct about the typings. I wouldn't mind a cardinal, maybe an osprey?

KanNKeller

Would anybody join me in laughing if a new type was revealed, but it WASN'T Light Type? Also, is there any ONE pokemon everyone thinks should have an evolution in Gen 5? I've seen all sorts of ideas, and have a few of my own, for pokemon that could have an evolution. What're the most popular pokemon that people want to evolve or evolve again? Speaking of which what about pre-evolutions? What's the most popular pokemon that people want a pre-evolution for?

I would laugh my butt off lol all the light type haters and supporters would be shut down ^_^

I'm not against the light type but I'm not for it either. I just want a new type. Any type.

As for the ONE pokemon I want to have an evoltion the most..... it would have to be Sunflora. It has decent special attack but not much else. If it got a MASSIVE speed boost and an increase in more special attack it would be the best sweeper ever just because of its expression (if it kept it in evo) nothing says I pwn U like XD

Kai-zero

Trains All Types

I'd support a Cardinal for the regional bird. That or a Blue Jay. Or a Raven. I could also live with a Robin. I just want whatever it is to have three stages.

Edit: Cool I ranked up. 100 posts, yay!

Last edited:

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I agree with some people who already said this: the 3rd generation was the worst. I wouldn't say bad per ce, but it had the smallest amount of improvements, some useless gameplay reductions (like the 24 hour clock-system, but the GBA-battery system kinda explains it) and the most redundant new Pokémon, most of which were just sloppy re-hashes of 1st generation Pokés. Also, the overall plot was a bit sloppy (though DPPt are really the first ones to integrate an average plot, as RBY didn't really have anything and GSC was just beginning to incorporate one).

I wouldn't say a remade 3rd generation wasn't interesting, as I probably would still buy the game(s), but the source material just isn't up to par with the other remakes.

while i do agree that gen three was never a huge break-through gen, i feel like that fact makes many miss half the charm. i mean we went from a game like g/s/c that added so much to another game that sorta just continued that stuff (and yes for some strange reason took out other portions of it)

yes may pokes where 're-hashes' but that was great, instead of seeing nothing but ratatta's i got something else that was annoying. to me gen 3 is one of my favorites. i loved most pokemon in it, and it gave new options of previous things.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
I'd support a Cardinal for the regional bird. That or a Blue Jay. Or a Raven. I could also live with a Robin. I just want whatever it is to have three stages.

Or maybe a falcon chick with attitude problems & it could evolve into this super fast pkmn

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

A Raven would be pretty cool as well. And honestly, having two or three evolutions isn't that big a deal. Fearow is better than Pidgeot, and Swellow is really good as well.

while i do agree that gen three was never a huge break-through gen, i feel like that fact makes many miss half the charm. i mean we went from a game like g/s/c that added so much to another game that sorta just continued that stuff (and yes for some strange reason took out other portions of it)

yes may pokes where 're-hashes' but that was great, instead of seeing nothing but ratatta's i got something else that was annoying. to me gen 3 is one of my favorites. i loved most pokemon in it, and it gave new options of previous things.

Gen 3 was really good. It also helped that it went into full colour, and GameFreak made full use of the new colour pallet.

Kai-zero

Trains All Types
I would laugh my butt off lol all the light type haters and supporters would be shut down ^_^

I'm not against the light type but I'm not for it either. I just want a new type. Any type.

As for the ONE pokemon I want to have an evoltion the most..... it would have to be Sunflora. It has decent special attack but not much else. If it got a MASSIVE speed boost and an increase in more special attack it would be the best sweeper ever just because of its expression (if it kept it in evo) nothing says I pwn U like XD

That's exactly why I'd be laughing. Though can you imagine if the 'new type' was weak to Normal Type? I could just see the chaos that would create for people. An example of this is below.

Example

Player: Awesome! I got a pokemon with the new type! Let's battle it against this Normal type.
Game: Foe used Tackle. It's super effective!
Player: What! What do you mean it's super effective! Son of a b****!!!

From there chaos would follow. Next thing you know there are 100 threads on serebii about how the 'new type' sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.