• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Speculation/Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

adhdguitar

I hope that they have a tournament before the E4.

Like in the anime....

Yeah....

Kyogre911

now getting tsutaja
I want 2 c a slightly more advanced plot, like mentioning humans n pokemon being killed. In the 1st gen they mentioned pokemon being killed, but not people. I don't think this would b 2 bad. Also, I kno that they seem 2 like to incorporate a legendary in the pre elite 4 part of the game, but i just wish it wasn't directly part of the plot with the bad team. like wat they did with HGSS.

Ryanide

I JUST LOEV WALLs!1
Here's a list of all the pokemon who need evolutions. I think it's safe to say that at least one of these are going to evolve this gen

*Arbok - underwhelming stats are begging for an evolution
*Sandslash - a cool pokemon that just needs a slight boost in stats
*Parasect - Completely overshadowed by Breloom. Needs an evo.
*Venomoth - I always thought Venomoth was cool, but it's stats suck. It needs an evo to be able to compete with Yanmega as 'coolest user of tinted lens ability'
*Golduck - great ability, but bad stats
*Farfetch'd - this guy has been gunning for an evo since day 1
*Seaking - the horsea line got a final evo. I think it's about time Seaking did too.
*Mr. Mime - he has a very good ability but his stats are really unbalanced. He needs more HP
*Jinx - Her stats need a boost to let her compete with other psychic sweepers
*Ledian - needs an evolution badly. Preferrably a type change too.
*Ariados - the only user of spider web and it sucks. Needs better stats and more durability
*Lanturn - so close to being a really great pokemon. It just could use a little boost in other stats besides HP.
*Xatu - it's stats look ripe for an evolution. It should turn into a peacock with many eyes on it's tail.
*Sudowoodo - This thing is outclassed by so many better rock types, even if it was a path blocker in G/S
*Quagsire - like Lanturn, it has a great typing and ability but terrible stats!
*Unown - it must have some reason to exist. If it evolves it could become a mixed attacker, but it's stats would still be kind of bad unless they get a drastic boost in all areas.
*Girafarig - a diverse movepool but no good stats to use it with
*Dunsparce - yes yes yes! One of the coolest pokemon needs an evolution to let it compete with Togetic and Jirachi.
*Granbull - pretty uninteresting pokemon at the moment
*Qwillfish - makes a great rain dance lead currently, and an evolution would allow it to fill other roles besides that.
*Magcargo - no explanation required
*Octillery - already a pretty good pokemon, but considering how slow it is, it needs better offensive stats to make it a real threat.
*Corsola - fantastic movepool but terrible stats! It could be a great defensive pokemon if it would just evolve
*Delibird - this pokemon needs a reason to exist other than just being a silly gimmick
*Mantine - let's have another special wall that's not called Blissey
*Stantler - interesting pokemon that could be a great mixed sweeper if it would evolve
*Mightyena - it's a cool pokemon. It would appreciate an evolution
*Pelliper - could be a nice defensive pokemon with some more bulk
*Masquerain - Masquerain could have been a really cool bug/water pokemon with intimidate, yet it's ruined by bad typing and bad stats. Time for an evolution.
*Sableye - totally outclassed by Spiritomb
*Mawile - could be a really cool baton passer with better stats
*Manectric - a stat boost would make it a great sweeper
*Volbeat/Illumise - male and female evolutions respectively?
*Swalot - swalot is really cool. If it had more durability it could be one of the most annoying things ever.
*Sharpedo - for a pokemon with such bad defenses, it's offensive stats aren't threatening enough and it could use more speed.
*Camerupt - could use some more in offenses given it's poor speed.
*Torkoal - some more defenses could make it a fire type that's actually durable
*Grumpig - a very interesting pokemon who deserves an evolution
*Spinda - another one of those gimmick pokemon who has no current purpose, which is a shame because it has a great movepool!
*Zangoose - outclassed by Weavile and other faster physical sweepers
*Seviper - much the same
*Altaria - outclassed by many other dragons
*Solrock/Lunatone - perhaps a fusion evolution to create a planet pokemon?
*Whiscash - Whiscash is actually pretty cool, but it needs better stats
*Claydol - another cool pokemon who could use better stats
*Castform - yet another silly gimmick pokemon with little utility. Needs better stats
*Kecleon - once again, better stats would be welcome. It doesn't really have the durability to use colour change effectively
*Banette - Dusclops evolved, so why shouldn't Banette?
*Tropius - weird stat spread that could use a boost in all areas. too slow to use chlorophyll well.
*Chimecho - it's mediocre stats and pre-evo strongly hint that it will evolve sometime
*Luvdisk - this thing needs 2 evolutions it's so bad
*Kricketune - why does it exist? It doesn't do anything better than a lot of other bug types
*Vespiquen - so hard to get hold of this pokemon and yet it has a terrible typing and only decent stats.
*Pachirisu - top of my evolution wish list. Pachirisu could be an excellent fast/defensive pokemon and status user if it only had better stats and a useful ability.
*Cherrim - gimmick or not, it's somewhat cool and could use an upgrade.
*Gastrodon - I love this thing! Let it evolve into a spanish dancer (the sea slug, not the lady)
*Purrugly - what is with these lame stats? This pokemon's not really good at doing anything. And it's so...ugly!
*Skuntank - more average stats that look suspiciously evolv-able.
*Chatot - a fun concept, but it could use some more power
*Carnivine - poor stats need help
*Lumineon - this one too

adhdguitar

I want 2 c a slightly more advanced plot, like mentioning humans n pokemon being killed. In the 1st gen they mentioned pokemon being killed, but not people. I don't think this would b 2 bad. Also, I kno that they seem 2 like to incorporate a legendary in the pre elite 4 part of the game, but i just wish it wasn't directly part of the plot with the bad team. like wat they did with HGSS.

Lol, like that'll happen. This aint no fanfic.

Last edited:

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
I can foresee this topic getting out of hand, but hopefully people will be respectful.

Anyway my hopes for the 5th gen.
-Dark Gym
-No Water or Rock Gym. Fire, Bug, Ground, Poison, Dragon, Steel, Flying could all use another gym. Any type that has only be represented once or twice. Rock and Water are nearly in every region.
-Pre-evolutions only for pokemon who don't need to evolve. IE Heracross. No more Chingling kind of things. Personally Tauros/Miltank Split, Kagaskhan, Lapras, and Pinsir/heracross split would be cool to see.
-Evolutions of pokemon that get overlooked. Qwilfish, Tropius, Absol, Farfetch'd, Stantler, Dunsparce, Delibird, Chatot, Girafarig, Corsola, Pachirisu to name a few. Other pokemon that have previously evolved could evolve again (example Noctowl), but I'd prefer the overlooked ones get priority.
- No evolutions for no reason like we got in the 4th. Example would be Rhyperior. Skarmory, Heracross, Tauros, Spiritomb, Gyarados and Aerodactyl don't need to evolve. They are strong enough. Preevolutions are fine if they don't have one already.
-I would like Character customization. Even if its just changing the clothes on a male or female model, its something.
-I am fine with the battle system. If they do "speed it up" like so many are asking for, I hope they don't screw it up.
-I'd like more side quests. Similar to Fallout 3 or Mass Effect, where you could spend hours just doing side quests. A longer story and better post game would be cool too.
- I think if they are gonna go the Evil team route, they should have two evil teams. One who is more like a Gang, who just wants to steal pokemon and money. The other can be more like Team Galactic/Aqua/Magma who try to take over the world.
- The platinum trainer house. Helpful for raising pokemon later in game.
- Vs. Seeker.
- A new Rod. Old rod can be for magikarps, Good rod for low level water pokemon, Super Rod for higher level stuff like Gyarados, Then a new Rod (Hyper Rod?) that's the post national dex rod. I hate waiting till after the elite four to capture higher level things.
- I'd like for a better way to handle HMs. I proposed an idea on these forums before that when you use an HM you can select to either learn it as a Battle move or a field move. Field moves would only be usable in the field, battle moves in battle. This would prevent you from having to delete one of you good moves or from using a HM slave. I am against more than 4 moves BTW. That just makes the game too broken when you consider that stuff like Lucario would be able to counter all its weaknesses.
-The same awesomeness to the soundtrack that HG/SS got.
-A new rock/ground type that is a special wall. This is needed for anyone who runs a sandstorm team.. like me.
- More Dark types. Dark/Psychic, Dark/Steel, Dark/Dragon..etc
-More Dragons that aren't weak to ice.
- An actual Wolf so we can stop arguing over if Suicune is a wolf or not (please don't reply with your thoughts on what it is here, there is a thread for that in pokepolls).
- Would be nice if this gen just had the new trio, The box legends, the "Mewtwo" and the "Mew" and no more legends. Too many now.
- I wouldn't complain if this was a two region game, But I doubt it. As long as they put as much effort into the landscape as they did with D/P/Pt I'll be happy.
-HG/SS's Safari Zone. Pal Park kinda thing would be cool as well if these games are for the DS.
- Letting your mother save your money. I love this feature in HG/SS, but I wish she didn't call me so much. On that note, no more phone.
- 3 new Eeveelutions. Something that goes together though. Steel, Rock, Ground? Flying, Dragon, and Bug? All the past ones went together. (Fire/Water/Electric = basic elements, Dark/Psychic= Light/Dark, Grass/Ice= Summer/Winter)
- A pokemon with a split evolution based on its happiness rating. If it hates you you get the "evil" evolution, if it loves you you get the "Good" evolution.
- Pokemon following you, but the ability to turn it on or off.
- Running shoes from the start of the game.

Thats all I can think of.
-;248;

Vrdnt25

VerdanTree
a wolf one would be nice too, but like grass/steel or grass/dark for one version and ground/steel or ground/dark for the other. ice/steel/ or ice/dark would be in both, since wolves live in deserts, forest and snowy regions.

also why ice should be in both- it beats both grass and ground, though ground is weak to grass as well.

Satoshi_poketo monsta

Home-Made Trainer.
Hopefully we can work together with some good Organization which they can give us a Job to hunting down some evil team's Grunts and then we can get the reward or money. the Higher rank we have the Higher Price we can get! OH! that would be AWESOME!!!

Sapphiredragon929

A r t i f i c e.
This thread is the worst thread on the forum and is a complete detriment to everything intelligent. But, since I suppose there's no getting rid of it anytime soon, we can at least make some ground rules for the thread.

Look, I don't mean to be just unpleasent but I don't think calling this a detriment to the intelligence of the forum is very called for. People should be able to express their ideas without feeling that the thread degrades their intelligence for doing so.

With that said I think that one should be able to see more of a perspective of the gym leaders. They're really one-sided and with the exception of getting their phone numbers and battling them (in GSDS) you don't see that much.

Also, would it kill to intertwine the gym leaders with the plot? They don't contribute much except making you battle them for a badge. and a new expanded plot would be nice, everything is the same outline. :X

And, I know I'm going to be shot for this but how about visiting old regions? :/ I don't know seeing 5th Generation things in Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/Orre would be pretty interesting.

More legendaries, and custimization for the character. I would like it if between Generation V all 493 + Generation V pokemon can be obtained in game, but I'm asking too much (okay maybe not the legendaries i don't use them anyways)

Finally, maybe some appearances from old (new with GSDS?) NPC's. I'd kill to see Volkner in Generation V - although fanservice for me is quite unfair

Satoshi_poketo monsta

Home-Made Trainer.
I wish for Noctowl has a new Evolution and Medicham has a new Evolution!
More than one Rival and more new Fossil Pokemon. that would be cool!
And a base camp in the Mountain or anywhere except in the tree (its boring to me.)
even we can make the Base camp a training place. that will be AWESOME!!!

And maybe no more Tutorial basic help like Introduce the Pokemon Center and Pokemon Mart or even about catching some new Pokemon. that is so silly to me. maybe Tutorials about new Feature only to Introduce, not the basic.

Punk Lion

Dark Trainer
Also, would it kill to intertwine the gym leaders with the plot? They don't contribute much except making you battle them for a badge. and a new expanded plot would be nice, everything is the same outline. :X

I would also love to see this. We got a bit of it in DPPt with Crasher Wake rushing to the scene of the explosion in the Marsh, but that was a very small bit.

These are some of the strongest and most experienced trainers in the region, they should have a visible and active role in their communities. That's one of the things I've liked about the D/P seasons of the anime. While I do think the anime should be kept seperate from the games, especially since the dialog is becoming even more inane than the dialogue in the games, I do like that the Gym Leaders actually seem like a member of their community. Crasher Wake runs the croagunk festival, Gardenia makes a few appearances, Maylene rushes to the scene when TG tries to steal the Veilstone meteorites, etc. That's the kind of stuff I'd like to see.

I can picture a climactic battle during which you join the gym leaders and League Champ as they fight off some dire threat.

Ryanide

I JUST LOEV WALLs!1
Why do people keep saying 'too many legendaries?"

do you want Uber tier to become more diverse or not? I've played Ubers and it's surprisingly fun. More powerful legendaries are quite welcome.

icelord0626

Porygon 2
we need orre, and if not orre, cipher. I don't care if I'm ridiculed, I want to battle Lovrina.

Satoshi_poketo monsta

Home-Made Trainer.
Why do people keep saying 'too many legendaries?"

do you want Uber tier to become more diverse or not? I've played Ubers and it's surprisingly fun. More powerful legendaries are quite welcome.

I think you're kinda right and kinda wrong...
There isn't really many legendary.

But many Legendary are hard to get. even some of them need an Event to get them. maybe that's the reason why people keep saying too many legendary.

icelord0626

Porygon 2
I think you're kinda right and kinda wrong...
There isn't really many legendary.

But many Legendary are hard to get. even some of them need an Event to get them. maybe that's the reason why people keep saying too many legendary.

People say 'no more legends' because there are too many. Out of a quick math sketch in my head, they're about 7% of the national dex. Not only that, but unless you own every game in the gen(In most cases) you can't catch them all. And even if you do, you still can't get the 8 eventers most of the time.
;151; ;251; ;385; ;386; ;490; ;491; ;492; ;493;

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
I would kinda like a Hummingbird pokemon. It could work well as the regional bird. It would most likely have massive speed, nice attack and Sp. attack, or an emphasis on one over the other, and fearsomely pathetic defenses.

Snowyarticuno: That is a good point. But what a dark gym's layout would look like is a good question. I mean, what would initially come to mind for a dark type gym has been done. A lot. Morty, Brawley, and Fantina (Platinum) have all claimed the kind of gym that would suit it. But since dark is fighting dirty, maybe trainer that sneak up on- Oh, wait. That was Fantina. Maybe multiple paths, but one just leads back to the begining?

adhdguitar: ...Okay, I'm going to assume you know the anime is based off the games. What it appears you don't know is that the tournament in the anime IS based off the games. The tournament is actually the Anime's representation of, wait for it, Victory Road.

Personally, I think it would be cool if the next victory road was made up of four large 'segments' each of which referred to one of the four Elite Four. Like, if there was a dark E4, a dark maze segment. Or, for water, a large (Underground?) pool.

Icelord: Yes, rounded, 7% of pokemon are legendaries. Don't see how that's a problem, though. That means that out of 100 pokemon, 7 are legends. Seems pretty right, to me.

Punk Lion: Yes, making GLs more intergregated would be spectacular. Though you forgot something; Chandice also plays a role in plot by rushing off to deal with TG. Also, a non-DPP example; In RBY, Giovanni was both the final gym leader and the TR boss, which ties in with the whole TR=Mafia thing, as Mafia leaders often occupy respected positions in society.

Satoshi: Take out the tutorials?! But then what the heck are the new players supposed to do?

Last edited:

munchlaxglenn10

I wonder what the Region will look like. I'm suspecting that it will be another part of Japan. However all of Japan will be taken up enentually, will they go to other parts of the world? What if they go to the U.S.A and make states into regions like California, Texas, or Florida. They could go to provinces in Canada or Mexico, states of Australia, or countries of Europe. Just saying there is a lot of possibilitys if Pokemon goes into hundreds of generations and we'll be long gone.

icelord0626

Porygon 2
Another thing that I want back, Shadow pokemon. I know it won't happen in BW, but maybe they will remake colo/XD for wii, like they did stadium 1 in gen 3, or stadium 2 in gen 4, I will be satisfied. But if colo really was the remake of stadium, then were back to remake of a remake like with FR/LG remakes.

Satoshi_poketo monsta

Home-Made Trainer.
People say 'no more legends' because there are too many. Out of a quick math sketch in my head, they're about 7% of the national dex. Not only that, but unless you own every game in the gen(In most cases) you can't catch them all. And even if you do, you still can't get the 8 eventers most of the time.
;151; ;251; ;385; ;386; ;490; ;491; ;492; ;493;

You're right. Sorry for the quote i make...

but still. I don't really wanna have the Light type thing.
hope for Shadow type so The Shadow Pokemon will back.
and I hope no more pre-Evolution this time.

icelord0626

Porygon 2
We need prevos because what about pokemon like lapras. It's currently the strongest non legend or evolving pokemon

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
One thing I would very much like to see done away with is in-game opponents with pokemon that are evolved prior to their evolution level and/or know moves that they would not have otherwise learned at their current level.

ex. Jupiter's level 23 Skuntank in DPt

Status
Not open for further replies.