1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Black and White Speculation/Wishlist

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by emeraldellie, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoadedKnife

LoadedKnife New Member

I think gear should evolve based on its ability, Plus turning into some sort of positively charged-themed machine, while Minus does the opposite. I think interesting ways of evolving and variations make the player really want to collect Pokemon rather than just train them--after all, isn't that what Pokemon was about, initially?

As for Mamepato...I'm desperately wishing for a type change when it evolves. That seems unlikely, but I really think we need a Fight/Flying type, and Mamepato is so simple that it could really go into any direction, so why not Fighting?

2. Drajolt Trainer

Drajolt Trainer PokeMaster

Comments in bold

3. Endless

Endless Sun God ☉

I also like your idea Beebar. :)

But I hope it is only one evil team and that the team focuses on other thing than only the main legendary, like team rocket's plots

Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
  4. RuinsofPoli

RuinsofPoli Goodbye... DP

I think there should be an evil team and a good team, this sort of fits into the good and bad decision thing too.

5. Drajolt Trainer

My Thoughts on Their Evolution
    Tsutaja- It might evolve into a Grass/Electric cobra or an anaconda
    Pokabu- A Fire/Ground boar
    Mijumaru- A Water/Ice sea otter
    Mamepato- It could go anyway, let's just hope it doesn't stay normal. Maybe it will become an eagle or a peregrine falcon
    Chiramii- Maybe a Normal/Ice is in order
    Hihadaruma- It needs to stay the same
    Shimama- It might become an Electric/Dark horse
    Gear- ???
    Muuna- A Psychic elephant?
    Meguroko- It's probably going to be a BA croc.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
  6. Porygandrew

Porygandrew Well-Known Member

I'd think pokabu's name would be more like "Thermoink"

"Pokabu is derived from ぽかぽか pokapoka, warmth circulating through one's body, combined with 豚 buta, pig; or ブー bū, "oink"."
    source - Bulbapedia

7. Endless

Endless Sun God ☉

Tsutaja- I agree, but it needs arms, but should not look too much like rayquasa
    Pokablu- I see momosvine rippoff, just switcing ice and ground
    Mijamaru- maybe a water/psychic sea cow?
    mamepato-Just one lame regional common normal/flying bird
    Chiramii- Don't really need one, but if it's the regional rodent it will get one
    Hihadaruma-Don't need one, rather a pre-evo
    Shimama-Agree, just hope it have a good speed stat
    Gear- More gears, like magneton and magnemite
    muuna- probaly continue a baku origin psychic/ghost
    Meguroko- quadpedal croc

8. Hunter_RuLe

Hunter_RuLe < Guess who's back?

That's correct. If I remember correctly we used to call the maove 'Nasty Plot' (Dark) Scheme for quite some time, last gen.

On Topic; I hope we get an interesting, fresh new gym line up. Maybe starting with dark, psychic or fire instead of using rock/bug/grass/flying again as the 'weak' gyms.

I could definatly see a bug gym based on the bee/huney-like screen, and based on the map I can also see a gym based on a desert theme (maybe with the new crocodile (evo) and possibly hippo, cacturn, trapinch).

9. Kindrindra

Kindrindra 大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Lame?

Obviously, you have never fought a Staraptor, or a Swellow with Guts+Facade active.

10. conflict7

conflict7 Sinnoh League Victor

I know everyone wants it, so if GameFreak doesn't make a Dark Gym, I will personally stab them with a knife.

Rock is getting annoying as the first gym.
    Yeah, Staraptor with I dunno, Close Combat? Takes away resistance from Rock and Steel... o_O

11. Endless

Endless Sun God ☉

I did not meen stat,attack, and stategy, only talking about it's future appearance IMO

Yeah I have fought a cuple of Staraptor, they're devastating

12. Drajolt Trainer

Concerning the rumors, the Yin/yang system seems impressive and more intricate. I'm glad too see this. The Pokemon count is good too. The green cobra seems a bit random, but they'll make it work. As for Minotauros, I like the idea, but I assume that GameFreak has given up the idea of counterparts. First, Pinsir and Weepinbell. Then, Electrode, Jynx, and Banette. And now Tauros. Hopefully these breaks will be reestablished.

13. Drajolt Trainer

Concerning the rumors, the Yin/yang system seems impressive and more intricate. I'm glad too see this. The Pokemon count is good too. The green cobra seems a bit random, but they'll make it work. As for Minotauros, I like the idea, but I assume that GameFreak has given up the idea of counterparts. First, Pinsir and Weepinbell. Then, Electrode, Jynx, and Banette. And now Tauros. Hopefully these breaks will be reestablished.

14. arceus7

arceus7 Arcane Of The Wild

I think isshu is based on a 4 island archopalego that is connected by 4 main bridges. and one place has a airport

15. PokéVeteran1992

PokéVeteran1992 <----Claimed Shimama

I hope they ease up on the HM's, I cant handle 8 HM's (Possible new ones?) and force a HM mule, which I hate doing :S

16. conflict7

^ Airport maybe to get to another region? Just a thought. Except we don't need more than one region... HG/SS was a disaster...

And reading through some of the older conversations, I can't believe I got into it with Meganium Ex. He is f*cking hilarious.

^
    [​IMG]

Bahahahahaha!

17. hitoshura0

hitoshura0 Well-Known Member

We'll probably get 8 HMs again, but it'll be some new combination of them. And you don't need an HM slave. It's perfectly acceptable to use HMs on an in-game team.

18. Endless

Endless Sun God ☉

It has always been 8 HM's and I don't think Game freak will change it, but I would like some new ones

19. WPM-Reborn

WPM-Reborn Ultimate Pokemon Fan

You're forgetting that all rumors are labeled as such. It's not like we pass them off as the truth. And it's not like we're *always* posting rumors - I think it's just been this past week or so since many of them have come from credible sources, like the professor being a female and her name. The reason we *sometimes* post rumors is because a) they have the potential to be real, b) they show what was going around the community at the time (how fun is it to go back to the G/S days, R/S days, and D/P days to see what people were thinking?), and c) some of these rumors can lead to the truth or to potential other sources "coming out of the closet" to reveal other stuff. Plus posting rumors keeps everyone on track - if people keep hearing on forums that there will be triple battles, yet no site addresses it as a rumor, many of the childrens will think it's actually real. That's why I like posting rumors - I think it gives us something a little extra.

20. conflict7

If by giving us something a little extra you mean "messing with little kids" then yes.
    There are people out there that read something like "Pokemon now have the ability to have 12 types! Charizard will be Fire/Flying/Dragon/Mystical/Lizard/Light/Dark/Jesus typing now!" and believe it and start posting it everywhere.
    (If anyone reading this is that kind of person, the max is still 2 types.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.