• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Speculation/Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
I really don't get how Rockman looks like a Nosepass. The red parts are crystals and the red thing that arcs between the eyes seems to be a ridge. Hell, I'm on my Wii and I can even tell that the black area under its eyes is not a mustache.

How about we wait until the artwork is released until we pass judgement on whether or not it's related to Nosepass, which I really doubt.

I don't really see any resemblances to old Pokemon from the new Pokemon, for that matter. Yeah, the black doll thing kind of resembles Jynx, but only because it's wearing a dress too.

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
So... Time to update the wishlist!

-EEVEE'S
Dragon Eevee? Ghost Eevee? Those three would be great, and should be added

-EPIC STARTER TYPE COMBOS
I think Fire/Flying for Pokabu would be hillarious, I mean, get it? When pigs fly? xP Water/Psychic for Mijumaru would be an amazing typing, also. And for Tsutaja, either Grass/Dragon or Grass/Flying? I think a dragon would be amazing, though. He really resembles a dragon to me.

-SWIMMING/FLYING ANIMATIONS
We got Pokemon to follow us around in HG/SS. I think when we swim, we should be able to SEE our Pokemon, not a black blob. Same goes with flying. When the Pokemon comes to swoop you up, it should show the Pokemon. Not a flying black blob.
- THIS!!!

-DARK LEADER
I'd like to see a Dark type leader.

-MORE FIRE TYPES
Yes. Self explanatory.

-ARCTIC WOLF
As everyone is saying, an arctic wolf would be GREAT! Ice/dark type. Yes. THIS.

-DRAGONS
I would love to see an electric/dragon type, a fire/dragon type, or an ice/dragon type, because they would be great. Maybe a new trio? But, they shouldn't be legendary. A non-legendary trio would rock. Got two of my three wishes with Reshiram and Zekrom. Maybe the third of the trip will be Dragon/Ice?

-PANDA
I. Want. A. Panda. Grass/fighting type? Yes :3

1.They realy should have stopped the eevees at Espeon/Umbreon.
2.Remember Charizard? Water and psychic. Good choice but not for a starter. I was thinking of the grass starter to be Grass and dragon except that that wouldnt work because starters cant be dragon types. That just dosent seam to work for nintendo. But if im wrong this time. You can say i told you so.
3.Great Idea. But Very hard. 6th gen.(If they make it) woul dprob most likely incorporate this.
4.Just like the other gym leaders a dark type would just be regular.
5.Yes more fire types deffinetley.Infernape/MAgmortar/Haetran theres your sinnoh fire types.(Not including infernapes prevos.
6.Arctic wolf is a great idea. But to many dark wolfs. A single Ice type. Not many of those.
7.I think dragon and ice will have no weaknesss wich nintendo cant do. But hecka cool.

My ideas.
Wtf happened to Partner Pokemon????!!?!?!?

Alakaspazam

SpoonBender
Alternate evolution to Kadabra possibly?.. Alakalusion.

Super Nerd 7997

Crazy Plant Guy
7.I think dragon and ice will have no weaknesss which Nintendo can't do.

Umm... Spiritomb and Sableye would like to have a word with you (yes, you can use Foresight and Fighting, but who honestly uses Foresight?).

Besides, Dragon/Ice would be weak to Fighting, Rock, Steel, and Dragon.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
-EEVEE'S
Dragon Eevee? Ghost Eevee? Those three would be great, and should be added

Read my virtual lips. NO. MORE. EEVEELUTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm tired of all the eeveelutions, they're pointless. 7 is more than enough, we don't need an eeveelution for EVERY ****ING TYPE.

-SWIMMING/FLYING ANIMATIONS
We got Pokemon to follow us around in HG/SS. I think when we swim, we should be able to SEE our Pokemon, not a black blob. Same goes with flying. When the Pokemon comes to swoop you up, it should show the Pokemon. Not a flying black blob.
- THIS!!!

Agreed.

-DRAGONS
I would love to see an electric/dragon type, a fire/dragon type, or an ice/dragon type, because they would be great. Maybe a new trio? But, they shouldn't be legendary. A non-legendary trio would rock. Got two of my three wishes with Reshiram and Zekrom. Maybe the third of the trip will be Dragon/Ice?

Agreed, but they should also make more non-legendary (and preferably non-pseudo-legendary) dragons. It's really annoying seeing Gym Leader/Elite 4 teams with duplicate pokemon and nothing but Salamences and Dragonairs.

-PANDA
I. Want. A. Panda. Grass/fighting type? Yes :3

Okay, here you go:
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/327.shtml

Uhhh... the "thick black lines" are just emphasizing the angular shape of the body. It's on some other spots as well, such as the arm.

I honestly, honestly, honestly don't understand how you could be seeing that rock as a nose. It's so far down, it's nowhere near a position to even resemble a nose.

Exactly what I was trying to say.

If I was to assume that it is a Nosepass evo then that would mean that the whole Body is its face. Therefore the Moustache would not be on its chest. I still just cannot look at it without seeing those Black lines as a Moustache.

If its whole body is a face, than why does it have legs?

1.They realy should have stopped the eevees at Espeon/Umbreon.

Agreed.

5.Yes more fire types deffinetley.Infernape/MAgmortar/Haetran theres your sinnoh fire types.(Not including infernapes prevos.

Also agreed. It was pathetic how few fire types there were in the DP Dex. ****ing Infernape and Rapidash. Those are your only two choices (unless you trade). All I'll say is that the Isshu Dex better be more balanced.

Last edited:

SPON

my bad i meant to say probopass with some sort of trade item. i just find the colors/armor rock body are spot on with some sort of trade such as metal coat/totally new item or (imagine for a second) a breed between two different species, probopass and metagross, i know the former is genderless. i think new pokemon produced by the breeding of two specific species requiring specific personality values would be a real easter egg to the breeding aspect of the game.

This is what I speculate will happen in B/W, whether it already be confirmed or not.

-These games will be 3DS ready.
-There will be about 120 new pokemon.
-No eeveeloutions (I can only hope).
-No new types.
-Downloadable content, but not much since this will be a new feature for any DS game, to my knowledge.
-Dark type gym, finally.
-More/Less than 8 gyms, if you look at the Isshu map it's hard to tell where towns are, so I couldn't count exactly where the gyms would be.
-Deeper storyline, maybe focusing more on the character's background, or getting more in-depth with the gym leaders and the E4.
-Hopefully not the same "TEAM WHATEVER!!!" B.S. we've seen for the past 4 generations, and instead just one villain or a small group of villians, hell, maybe even a natural disaster linked to the legendary dragons!

If there's anything else I missed, I'll put it in another post.

What do you mean exactly?

Ranger says hi.

I mean that it will be 3D, not just the graphics in-game, but it will be capable of being played on the 3DS and popping out at you like the 3DS claims to do.

And Pokemon Ranger didn't have downloadable content per se, you could get new missions after beating the regular story mode. But then again, I only played the first PR, so, I could be wrong.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I mean that it will be 3D, not just the graphics in-game, but it will be capable of being played on the 3DS and popping out at you like the 3DS claims to do.

Oh, well than no. It's going to be out too soon for the 3DS.

And Pokemon Ranger didn't have downloadable content per se, you could get new missions after beating the regular story mode. But then again, I only played the first PR, so, I could be wrong.

I don't remember the first game as well, but weren't all of the Ranger Net missions accessed via Wi-Fi? And all of the ones in the second game are Wi-Fi missions. Regardless, this is extremely close to what would be considered DLC. And now that I think about it, the more recent in-game pokemon events do kind of act like DLC. You need a special item via Wi-Fi to access an extra "mission" that allows you to catch a new pokemon.

@Black Doom, no they weren't Wi-FI, because I remember playing it without internet access and still being able to do Ranger Net missions. I'm not sure about the new ones, though.

Grei

not the color

I'm fairly certain every game is going to do this. 3DS is (I'm almost entirely certain) backwards-compatible, and it's the system itself that generates the 3D effect, not the games. Correct me if I'm wrong, of course.

3DS games are probably just going to be geared more towards 3D.

EDIT: I stand corrected on the Ranger Net. However, it's still pretty close to Download-able Content.

I know that for Black and White, we're gonna be able to transfer our save files to our computers, which can then be accessed on the main site. From there, you can play mini-games and get rewards on your game file, which then transfers back to your game. I don't know if that's what the C Cog feature is or not, but it's been translated from the official site.

Last edited:

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
my bad i meant to say probopass with some sort of trade item. i just find the colors/armor rock body are spot on with some sort of trade such as metal coat/totally new item or (imagine for a second) a breed between two different species, probopass and metagross, i know the former is genderless. i think new pokemon produced by the breeding of two specific species requiring specific personality values would be a real easter egg to the breeding aspect of the game.

There won't be hybrids of Pokemon. Hybrids exist in the real world because animals share a genus.

This is what I speculate will happen in B/W, whether it already be confirmed or not.

-These games will be 3DS ready. Don't use 'will' statements unless they are true. People don't like that. Besides, it has been confirmed that Black and White will be on the regular DS.
-There will be about 120 new pokemon. I thought that it was confirmed to be around 150,
-No eeveeloutions (I can only hope).
-No new types. I wouldn't care for new types, but I agree.
-Downloadable content, but not much since this will be a new feature for any DS game, to my knowledge. No.
-Dark type gym, finally. Why not?
-More/Less than 8 gyms, if you look at the Isshu map it's hard to tell where towns are, so I couldn't count exactly where the gyms would be. There's probably going to be the same number of gyms as before.
-Deeper storyline, maybe focusing more on the character's background, or getting more in-depth with the gym leaders and the E4. Pokemon has never focus with individual character development, but I'd be okay with this.
-Hopefully not the same "TEAM WHATEVER!!!" B.S. we've seen for the past 4 generations, and instead just one villain or a small group of villians, hell, maybe even a natural disaster linked to the legendary dragons! That does not seem to be shaping that way.

If there's anything else I missed, I'll put it in another post.

Comments are in bold.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Hey Krake, when was it confirmed that there would be 150 new pokemon this gen? First time I've heard anything about that.

Comments are in bold.

Krake, when I say "speculate what will happen", I'm pretty sure I can use the word "will". If people are using serebiiforums, then they're obviously using serebii.net as well, where they can get the actual confirmed information. There's a link at the bottom of the page, one click and BOOM! Information.

Last edited:

Alli

I feel (and hope) that there will be overall more hours of gameplay in this one.

I have found every Pokémon game to have more than enough hours of gameplay. It all depends on how you spend your time in the game. I tend to take my time, thus beating the E4 between 30 and 50 gameplay hours.

Firebrand

Indomitable
Okay, so on pokebeach, they posted the video a few days ago, and I feel that site is easier to navigate than flib, so yeah...
Anyway, they pointed out that on the battle menu there was shooter, but no bag. So has shooter taken the place of bag? Like, you shoot a pokeball? So what do you do for potions/berries/status healers?
"Here charmander, use this!" *hit upside the head*

Status
Not open for further replies.